Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Is all the hype substaniated

I think there is hype about all the camaro but is there really facts and purchasing by it. I know there seems to be a lot of orders in but below is the things i have seen. Before somebody takes this the wrong way I got one on order. But the hype on this website is small amount of people, and just want to know what you guys have seen on the street.

I live in upstate New York, No cars around here at none at dealers. talked to guys who have been to dealers and they have said there are only two in new york which i find hard to beleive.

I am from michigan and my dad works a prominent chevy dealer in Grand Rapids. (which i am number 14 on the list with 6 already coming in). He says theres a lot of interest but not a whole lot of buying.

IS there a lot hyp and no buying to due to the economy. Or is just the enthusiest that is producing the hype. Tell me whats going on
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #2
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
who really knows? (except GM)

I CAN tell you that driving one right now feels like the closest thing to being a ROCK STAR!
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Passion is what is enfused in this auto. No hype needed. It's rare in cars these days. Go see one in person. Then ask yourself if it's hype.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #4
nards444

well i am doubting hype I am hyped my self. But what I want to know whats out there beyond camaro5.com, and is the mass actually buying
Old 05-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Your. Missing the point. This is not a car for the masses. So, no the masses are not buying.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
nards444

I agree with you but your missing my point. Its not like the ferrari where 1 in a million people own them, theres a lot of camaros out there. I just want to know what people are seeing in there areas.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #7
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
I think it's more people don't want to buy it because of the economy/short on funds and the fact that even the 6 may be 'too much for them'; as hard as that is to believe.

Trust me, this car isn't for the faint of heart. You will be clocking 100+ in no time in the 6, and its a rush in and of itself. And I think that's what puts some people off.. they want the pedestrian 6.. which no longer exists.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #8
nards444

yeah that could be it. Im just thinking that with Gm ramping up production and after the initial hype is filled these are cars will come out faster, and if they have a big may and june production month we will get our cars faster. I cant remember the numbers, but they can pump out a lot of cars a day. But i think you will wait longer if your car has more mods
Old 05-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #9
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
In the John Fitzpatrick interview, he said that 2 weeks ago when the battery cable issue was discovered, there were only 300 actual customer delivered cars. Deliveries have probably slowed while the issue is resolved. So on average, probably just 6 to 10 cars per state actually delivered to customers. So seeing them outside of dealerships or shows will be fairly rare for a while.
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #10
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Passion is what is enfused in this auto. No hype needed. It's rare in cars these days. Go see one in person. Then ask yourself if it's hype.
The hype is there because of Transformers without a shadow of a doubt. However once the car hits the roads, it will be a driving advertisement for quite awhile. All sports/muscle cars with unique designs are like that when they first come out. Most recently the re-design of the Challenger turns heads and before that the retro-Mustang.. Even the 350Z turned heads for awhile as it looked unique its first year of release... However the new 2010 Mustang and 2010 370Z will not turn heads since the design is so close to the previous models which leaves only one newly designed sportscar to steal the spotlight.. And that my friends is the all new 2010 Camaro Even parked next to any Vette, the Maro overshadows it in looks because of this phenomena.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:04 AM   #11
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
14,000 cars pre ordered and many more ordered after that. Most of those people ordered this car without a test drive or even seeing it in person. Read the spec sheet for the Camaro and look at the photos or go find one to look at. This car is the real deal. As soon as all the dealers have one in their shooroom and cars available on their lots to sell, they will go quickly.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Enthusiasts are buying. Diehards ordered last year. Dealers are loving it($$).
GM can't make them fast enough. Prices skyrocketing(no means a 'cheap' car).
I think after the positive/rave reviews, people are looking to get a bargain car for
the buck.
Sure there's hype. But listen to what the owners w/ cars in hand are saying.
Is it biased based solely on this forum? Look at reviews, judge the car after a
thorough inspection. Is it right for YOU?
Filter the words of others and judge for yourself. Again, it's your hard earned money.

As for me, looking to make space for an SS in a few years..once my V6 'hype' wears off..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:16 AM   #13
TXInfernoSS

Drives: 2010 Inferno SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
I CAN tell you that driving one right now feels like the closest thing to being a ROCK STAR!
TXInfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #14
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
All I can say is that for what its worth - when a dealer tells you they already have 60 solid orders for a car of this type in the middle of a recession - that has to be a good sign.

There will be a lot of variation from area to area around the country depending on local job situations

Clearly we all hype ourselves up in these sort of communities - but taking a step back and looking at the value offered by the Camaro - it does give a massive amount of value for money and is a distinctive car in a time of windtunnel designed lookalikes.

The Transformers angle is interesting and good marketing for "cool dad" factor - but really just acts as an opportunity to get the look of the car in front of non enhusiasts to get them looking at next level of details.

I believe that the biggest success factor for GM will be to get cranking on reliable high volume production and have a good active number of these on the roads to stimulate interest.

- and on that basis they should prioritize build of all the IOM and Yellow ones since they will be most visible