Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #29
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th_GEN_SS View Post
no shit i was @ walmart today and hit a silver magnum.

my bad.

lol jk
that sucks dude..
happened to me once and never again.
if anyone touches my ride i wld kill them
like seriously....
No sh!t!!
Tell me when your balls shrivel up into dust!! My curse is on you! LOL!!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:26 PM   #30
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
MY gf already knows when we go anywhere like that when my car arrives her POS drives!!!! Sorry to hear that.....there would be blood so much blood if that were me
Old 02-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #31
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Actually no Walmart (same for any other store chain) doesn't have to legally. They may choose to in order to keep a customer but they are not legally bound to fix a car unless the incident can be directly tired to the actions of an employee. I'm an assistant manager for another retail chain (Dollar General to be specific) and during the time I've been there we've had quite a few incidents happen including a couple cart dings, strong winds blowing customer trash around damaging cars, and even a small tornado ripping the front doors off of the store severely damaging 2 cars (one was unlucky enough to have a door go though the engine compartment and hit the engine hard enough to break the engine and tranny mounts and deem both unrepairable). We've had 1-2 threaten lawsuits and the owner who lost their engine actually tried it (his insurance company wasn't going to cover the cost of the repair as he only had liability so he wanted us to pay for it). In court, stores are not held liable in incidents that occurred because of a customers neglect or because of nature.
You're right that they aren't technically responsible for the use of their carts because they lend them out to consumers, but a courtroom shark would gladly sue anyway, and Walmart would quickly settle to keep this out of the press. Everybody wins.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #32
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
What the...... my balls just shriveled up! I didn't even go to Walmart recently...
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Cold up there?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #34
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
What the...... my balls just shriveled up! I didn't even go to Walmart recently...
I'm really new to this voodoo cursing thing! I cant guarantee that I will target accurately on to the real culptits. Sorry for your loss! LOL!!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
This thread is freakin hillarious.
Not because of your car matrix but the wal-mart discusion. I have successfuly boycotted them bastards for over two years. I sit in the car and my wife goes in. I told her I didn't want her to shop there but she said I would have to do the shopping then. Can't have that. So if she has to pick something up and I'm with her I stay out. Probably why our car has never been dinged there.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #36
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
This thread is freakin hillarious.
Not because of your car matrix but the wal-mart discusion. I have successfuly boycotted them bastards for over two years. I sit in the car and my wife goes in. I told her I didn't want her to shop there but she said I would have to do the shopping then. Can't have that. So if she has to pick something up and I'm with her I stay out. Probably why our car has never been dinged there.
I dont think I have EVER conversed with a forum who hated Walmart so much! Are they really that bad? I've always got great deals there and good service, but I do feel bad about the corporate bully boys that they are.

I think ALL corps are this way. They rae trying nothing but to take over and dominate the world together! There is a lot of lit on this subject which is quite depressing actually!

Anyway, I cant blame Wallymart for my ding, only the POS who's balls are hopefully crumbling off by now! @#$#$@#$#@!!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:19 AM   #37
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
im sorry about your ding that sucks! i think i will hire someone to stand by my camaro while i shop.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #38
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
The last time I went into wal-mart That stupid assed antitheft thing went off. The straw that broke the camels back. Tried to buy a blueray vid there lately. My wife did and waited in a 20 minute line only to have the cashier tell her she had to go to customer service to remove the hard plastic case this disk was entombed in. After another 15 minutes she finally came out to the car. I was freakin pissed. Over 45 minutes to get some dog food and a movie.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #39
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Ever since Sam Walton died, Wal-Mart just hasn't been the same. I used to work for Wal-Mart awhile back. For the most part I liked the people I worked with and for, but wouldn't give ya two cents for the majority of customers! (I'm sure alot of that has to do with living here in California!!!)

Now tomorrow, go back there and look for a good voodoo doll. (It'll be cheaper there than anywhere IF they have one.)
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:16 AM   #40
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
walmart's the only place open during the majority of the time i'm awake.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #41
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Ever since Sam Walton died, Wal-Mart just hasn't been the same.

You are right about that one. I worked for Wally World back then. They would go out and find "Made In America" merchandise to sell. You would see those signs all over the place. After he died so did the "Made in America" pledge. Wal-Mart became EVIL.

Psst...

There is a rumor that you can stop Wal-Mart.... You have to kill the heart of Wal-Mart. It is said to be located in electronics behind the televisions.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:28 AM   #42
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Ever since Sam Walton died, Wal-Mart just hasn't been the same.
Yes, and am I the only one that remembers many years ago when Sam was still alive they started a promotion of selling "Made in the USA" products? They had all the big center aisle displays with huge red/white/and blue "MADE IN THE USA" banners hanging from the ceilings etc., etc.

Well obvioulosy that promotion failed. Why do you ask? Here a few of the reasons:

* With this countries decimated out-sourced manufacturing base is was very difficult for them to even find American made products.

* In many cases these USA products were more expensive than comparable foreign made goods. Customers avoided these.

* In some cases the American made product were of inferior quality compared to cheaper higher quality foreign goods. Customers avoided these as well.

Ultimatley it failed because apparently Wal-Mart shoppers are very cost conscience driven. And just like American corporations only focused on the short term gains ingnoring the long term ramifications that they may just be helping eliminate their own job. But for the record, at one time, they at least tried,,,,,
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote