Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #43
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I looked at your website and almost all your cars are classic cars. The skull and all the chrome and stuff only look right on classic cars imo. I just think it looks a little tacky on new cars. You guys should stick to the classics!

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #44
Rickad51

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybyram View Post
The car looks great! I take it you like orange? (LOL) It looks fine. You just cant please everyone, and everyones got different tastes. How did you chrome the DRL surrounds? Thats neat looking. Ive never seen that done before. All in all, Nice ride!
Actually I did not build this car for myself. The car I'm building for my self is a two tone cyber gray over yellow. we are widening the rear fenders on it, putting a 760HP supercharges 414 cu. In LS3 in it, strengthening the whole drivetain, and running 345/25/ZR20's on the back. On our website we have pictures of an imperial blue with silver racing stipe and a white car with hugger orange stripes which are currently in production.
Rickad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #45
Rickad51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
I looked at your website and almost all your cars are classic cars. The skull and all the chrome and stuff only look right on classic cars imo. I just think it looks a little tacky on new cars. You guys should stick to the classics!
Your right! We are going for that classic muscle car look like an orange and white pace car, or the Yenko conversion look. They appeal more to us old guys who typically have the money to buy what we want. What we want is a muscle car that we could not afford when we were 18. Although I did have a brand new 1970 duster 340 that cost me $2,180.00 brand new in April of 1970 and I was 18 when I bought it. I could not afford a Trans Am until Dec on 1973 which cost me $5400.00.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #46
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarojoe View Post
SLP has ties with GM and it's a licenced GM package. Plus SLP cars will hold their value due to this. $4,000 less than SLP is not a lot, considering dealers have been selling SLP cars for $4000 or $5000 less than invoice.

I'd honestly take a SLP hands down. To each their own, but it's way overdone and the Z/38 naming is pretty cheesy.
Do you guys have a GM backed warranty on this so called 'conversion'?
SLP has a long history with GM and F-body's. Plus SLP designs and engineers the parts they put into their cars (with the exception of maybe the supercharger). By the looks of the build on #002 you just slap on some SLP parts, Eibach springs, Hawk brake pads, Airaid intake...etc. So, you're charging people to install other companies parts and then do a paint job? Try designing your own exhaust systems or intakes. It'll make you stand out more as 'customizers'.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #47
Rickad51

Quote:
SLP has ties with GM and it's a licenced GM package. Plus SLP cars will hold their value due to this. $4,000 less than SLP is not a lot, considering dealers have been selling SLP cars for $4000 or $5000 less than invoice.

I'd honestly take a SLP hands down. To each their own, but it's way overdone and the Z/38 naming is pretty cheesy.
The SLP's are a low production car where you can buy 1 of 250 and tweek it a little bit to your tastes. Our cars are 1 of a kind with paint schemes and performance options offered by no one else. We can put from 480 Hp to 1000 Hp LS3 or LS7 power plants in the car and do drivetrain mods that will hold up under the strain. We do custom body mods and show paint that you can't get from Hennesey, Lingenfelter, Nickey or any one else.

So if you want a low production "run of the mill" car by an SLP conversion.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #48
Bumble-T

Drives: 1994 Vert
all i have to say.......

2011 Synergy Green Camaro (ordering soon)

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Are you awesome?

If you answered yes, then yes, the camaro is for you.
Bumble-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #49
Rickad51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
Do you guys have a GM backed warranty on this so called 'conversion'?
SLP has a long history with GM and F-body's. Plus SLP designs and engineers the parts they put into their cars (with the exception of maybe the supercharger). By the looks of the build on #002 you just slap on some SLP parts, Eibach springs, Hawk brake pads, Airaid intake...etc. So, you're charging people to install other companies parts and then do a paint job? Try designing your own exhaust systems or intakes. It'll make you stand out more as 'customizers'.
No as I said the waranty was by Magnason. GM doesn't warranty the SLP conversion either. We are primarily a custom paint and body shop that has experience in building high perfromance corvettes. Your right we don't build our own speed parts, but there are so many good ones out there already. We buy lot of parts and test them. We use Pfadt Racing, Katech, Spohn Performance, Pedders, LG Motorsports, Billy Boat, Detroit Speed, Corsa, Lingengelter, Callaway, HPE, CCW, GM, Fast, Nick Williams, Halltech,and a host of other manufactuers. Do we really need another manufaturer for a exhaust system? What I do do is a lot of consulting in a network of race car builders and parts manufactuers so that our customers get top of the line parts and conversions. We were the first ones in the country to install a Fast LXR 102mm intake on a 2009 Z06 corvette. There is plenty of room for additional car builders yet. Don't be stuck in a rut.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #50
camarojoe

Drives: 69 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickad51 View Post
No as I said the waranty was by Magnason. GM doesn't warranty the SLP conversion either.
SLP offers a 3/36 on them which can be done at an authorized Chevy dealer. HUGE difference!

And even though I'm not a fan of your 2010 Camaro, you got some real nice classics you did work on. So I'm not picking on your, but critiquing your Camaro.
camarojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #51
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
SLP offers a 3/36 on them which can be done at an authorized Chevy dealer. HUGE difference!
Thank you.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #52
runich

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Red Jewel)
Rick, sorry that you've received some negative posts about this car on this thread. You have answered them very respectfully, I must say. I'll say that the car is not my thing either BUT there are definitely people out there (MANY) that will find this car BADASS and if you guys had not made them then they would be out of luck on finding one like it. For making a car of this style it looks as you guys are doing an awesome job! Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics...why I like Camaro5 so much...I get to see what types of ideas others have with their car and take from each pic what I like and apply it to mine . Like: I love the hood on this one....can you order it somewhere or did you guys do the fabrication of it?
runich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #53
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Is this a CONversion or a PERversion?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #54
Rickad51

Quote:
Originally Posted by runich View Post
Rick, sorry that you've received some negative posts about this car on this thread. You have answered them very respectfully, I must say. I'll say that the car is not my thing either BUT there are definitely people out there (MANY) that will find this car BADASS and if you guys had not made them then they would be out of luck on finding one like it. For making a car of this style it looks as you guys are doing an awesome job! Keep up the good work and thanks for the pics...why I like Camaro5 so much...I get to see what types of ideas others have with their car and take from each pic what I like and apply it to mine . Like: I love the hood on this one....can you order it somewhere or did you guys do the fabrication of it?
Suncoast out of Florida made this hood. They have a website with a lot of dealers listed. I bought through SFX where I have a wholesale account. The hood is a good quality piece and needed very little work to get it to a high quality fit and finish.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #55
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
All in all, I'm just giving you a hard time man. While it wouldn't be my design choice, there are some people out there that would really like this car. I would seriously consider losing the Z/38 "badging" though.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #56
Dtowndog420

Drives: SBM 09 G8 GT/RH 15 SS 1LE
Z/38 WTF
Dtowndog420 is offline   Reply With Quote