Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #43
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyterdr View Post
From reading Matt'SS thread- the PDIM will not work with the SS1 because it does not have C & C built in with bluetooth? I probably need the Personal Audio LinK?
The PDIM accessory does work in a 1SS. I have personally installed it myself and had my dealer update my radio to recognize it.

Sounds like you have a bad PDIM or the dealer didn't program your radio correctly.

Does your AUX in port work after installing the PDIM?
Old 05-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #44
Savage76

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel LT1 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laforce View Post
Any news on the BT application of the PDIM?

New here, so I am bumping this because I would like to get this done and would like to know about the BT as well. Rather then rushing out and hastily getting parts I may not need.
Savage76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:00 AM   #45
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
Hello,

Also having problem with the USB and Aux. My problems are just like Darth Emma's. I am pretty sure it is not a cabling issue between the radio and PDMI. When I plug my flash drive in, it lights up, but the radio will not switch to USB. Also when I push the CD/Aux button on the radio, the radio will only switch to CD. WHen I cycle through the sources with the steering wheel control, it will cycle through FM, AM, XM, and CD. Aux will never pop up. I even tried connecting an audio source with 3.5mm audio connector. All this worked when I first got the car.
Does this sound like a software glitch that can be reset with the battery trick? Or does it sound like a hardware issue requiring a new PDMI module? I would like to know before I need to reprogram windows because of pulling the battery. If it is the PDMI, how does this break? Can it also be that the radio is not looking for the module and I have a bad radio unit? Any advice?
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #46
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage76 View Post
New here, so I am bumping this because I would like to get this done and would like to know about the BT as well. Rather then rushing out and hastily getting parts I may not need.
The PDIM does have Bluetooth, however, it is just A2DP so it can only be used to stream music. It does not have the Bluetooth capability for cell phone. Is this the answer you are looking for?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:49 AM   #47
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Did you install the PDIM or have it installed? Sounds to me like the radio just isn't recognizing it. If you have the PDIM installed and don't get the radio reprogrammed to recognize it then it won't recognize the USB or the AUX. When I installed mine, I didn't get it reprogrammed for a few days and during that time I just fiddled around with the radio to see what would happen and both AUX and the USB weren't available on the radio even though I could plug things into the USB and it would power them.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #48
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
No, I have a 2SS. My USB and Aux worked fine when I first got the car. I live in Germany. Unfortunately, GM won't send the software to the chevy dealer in Germany, because the Camaro is not sold on the European market. At this point I would just buy a new module myself. But how can I be certain the software isn't gliched. What are the syptoms for a bad PDIM module vs corrupted software?
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #49
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Unfortunately, your only 2 choices are to either reflash the software or replace the PDIM and see if that works. If you can't get the software then you're pretty much just left with trying a new module. The good thing is that if you put in a new module and it doesn't work, you know it's the software and you can then go ahead and sell the new PDIM on ebay. The bad thing is that you'd be screwed since you can't get a software reflash. Perhaps, if you complained enough, you'd eventually get it done. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Good luck
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #50
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
So I installed my PDIM and had my software updated at the dealer. But I do not see an option on the radio to stream music between my iphone and PDIM. How do I do it?
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 AM   #51
Mach

I know someone here is streaming music via bluetooth...
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 09-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #52
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
I know someone here is streaming music via bluetooth...
I do stream music, but not from Pandora or anything like that. What I do is that I sync up my phone to the profile called GMMusic Connect (or something like that) and then I just start playing the music.

I'm sure somebody else will chime in
Old 09-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #53
Mach

I simply cannot get the Bluetooth to work... What buttons do I push on the radio to get Bluetooth to start?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #54
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
I simply cannot get the Bluetooth to work... What buttons do I push on the radio to get Bluetooth to start?
While the car is not in motion, try the following:

1. Press the MENU/SELECT knob.
2. Select Bluetooth Music Setup.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #55
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
What is the difference between part numbers 92213212 and 92244580? They are both coming up as Personal Audio Link (PDIM) but with different prices.

GM PART # 92213212
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $179.00
OUR PRICE: $125.30

GM PART # 92244580
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $189.00
OUR PRICE: $132.30

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #56
roeebloch

Drives: cruze
Help with cruze 2012 1.4LT

Hi,
Can any one help me with Blue-tooth
I have bought second hand car which doesn't have on display the "phone settings" at all.
Is it possible that PDIM replacement will add this option ?
If yes which PDIM fit my car ?

Thanks,

Please email me directly to
roeebloch@walla.co.il

Roee
roeebloch is offline   Reply With Quote