Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2008, 09:42 AM   #29
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
note

street racing is a disease

common remedies are: you lose your license, go to jail, win the race but drive off a cliff, etc.

I think everyone would be empathetic since they have participated before at one time or another.

Last edited by 2001ragtop; 04-25-2008 at 12:00 PM.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #30
briannutter

Drives: C4Vette,C5-Z06,Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
RIIIIIIIIIIIGHT....
That was supposed to be funny. Don't take it as a dis. Trust me, I was lame AND drove like a nut all at the same time when I was 16. Total car geek. Went to church at 10:30 then peeled out of the parking lot in an opposite lock drift at noon.

Age is the most important factor in maturity, but yes...there is a bellcurve to look at with exceptions on either side.
briannutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #31
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannutter View Post
That was supposed to be funny. Don't take it as a dis. Trust me, I was lame AND drove like a nut all at the same time when I was 16. Total car geek. Went to church at 10:30 then peeled out of the parking lot in an opposite lock drift at noon.

Age is the most important factor in maturity, but yes...there is a bellcurve to look at with exceptions on either side.
Haha, Brian, it's cool...if I could have said that outloud...you would have understood...I should have typed it like this: Riiiiiiiiiight... :P or something to that effect...no dis taken, I promise

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:23 PM   #32
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
When I was first learning how to drive, my father got me into a pretty good habit, and I'm glad he did, because it probably saved my life last night. He always used to take me to parking lots in all different conditions, and make me throw my car into a spin, then get it back in control. I still go to an empty parking lot from time to time to do that.

Well, last night I was driving at about 70-75 when a deer jumped out in front of me. I swerved to miss it, but swerved a bit too hard. Did I lose control of the car? Yeah, but by the time it went off the highway I was only doing about 25, if that. The damage was pretty minimal considering.

^ That is why I wear my seatbelt, and that is why every person that gets in my car wears their seatbelt.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:29 PM   #33
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
When I was first learning how to drive, my father got me into a pretty good habit, and I'm glad he did, because it probably saved my life last night. He always used to take me to parking lots in all different conditions, and make me throw my car into a spin, then get it back in control. I still go to an empty parking lot from time to time to do that.

Well, last night I was driving at about 70-75 when a deer jumped out in front of me. I swerved to miss it, but swerved a bit too hard. Did I lose control of the car? Yeah, but by the time it went off the highway I was only doing about 25, if that. The damage was pretty minimal considering.

^ That is why I wear my seatbelt, and that is why every person that gets in my car wears their seatbelt.
Justin, glad to hear your alright! And yeah, that's a great thing for your dad to have taught you. That must have been real scary to have that happen last night...I go to college in the Harrisburg area and the weather as been terrible the past couple of nights! You're definitely a lucky guy!!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:41 PM   #34
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
What!?! A deer in Pennsylvania? That doesn't happen there...
Just kiddin... I grew-up in Great Bend, PA... I hit 3 in 1 month 1 time when I was a teenager. After that I put deer whistles on my car and didn't hit one since.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:50 PM   #35
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Don't Street Race.
Everybody believes that it'll never happen to them. But this happened literally 5 miles down the road last night.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=57722

Quote:
Lancaster Police continue to investigate a Thursday evening accident that claimed the lives of two people.

It happened around 10:30 near the intersection of Transit Road and Michael Anthony Lane. Lieutenant Ron Rozler said 24-year-old Mark Harhigh was driving his 2002 Ford Mustang
South on Transit Road when he lost control, crossed four lanes of traffic, and struck a utility pole.

Rozler said the force of the impact was so great that it split the Mustang into two separate pieces. Harhigh died at ECMC Friday morning while his girlfriend, 21-year-old Melanie Page of Cheektowaga, died at the scene.

Lancaster Police are now investigating whether Harhigh was racing another car, possibly a black Dodge Neon. Rozler said two different witnesses reported seeing Harhigh racing down Transit Road just prior to the crash.

According to Harhigh's family, Mark had owned the car just two days. It's not the first tragedy to strike the family. Mark's mother, Toni, is currently battling brain and lung cancer.

If you have any information on the accident, or the possibility of drag racing, you're asked to call the Lancaster Police Department at 683-2800.
Complete, friggen' Idiot. Transit Road is a straight shot for miles. Yet he still managed to lose control, because he was probably showing off, and not paying attention.

Name:  0859131741_WGRZCarsplit-ks.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  12.1 KB
Split right in two.............
Old 05-11-2008, 08:46 PM   #36
chevys

Drives: 03 Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Don't Street Race.
Everybody believes that it'll never happen to them. But this happened literally 5 miles down the road last night.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=57722

Complete, friggen' Idiot. Transit Road is a straight shot for miles. Yet he still managed to lose control, because he was probably showing off, and not paying attention.

Attachment 4803
Split right in two.............

I saw that on the mach 1 registry. Very sad indeed. They had a photo that showed the driver did have a seat belt on but in such a severe crash it ejected him anyway.

Please take it to the track guys and ALWAYS wear your seat belts no matter what car you are in.
chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #37
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
A couple months back there was an incident in Ashland county (about half way between Cleveland and Columbus, lots of open roads and farm country) of a horrific drag race involving a 4th gen Camaro and a early 90's Mustang. I saw the aftermath on the news, and the Camaro was completely in pieces - the dash board and steering column were in the street about 200 yards past the scene of the crash. But the Mustang driver didn't even wreck - the Camaro driver smashed into a semi truck because he had nowhere to get out of it's way, and the Mustang driver just sped off. Of course he was arrested later and is now in jail.

Street racing, unfortunately, has been around since the first Model T hit the pavement. As long as people have more money to buy fast cars than the brains to drive them safely and properly, street racing will still be around.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote