Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-25-2010, 09:50 AM   #1
winter
The boy with the camaro

Drives: black 6MT 1LT
Durham Region??

Good morning all, I'm new to the forum and recently bought a 2011 black 1lt camaro with the connectivity and convenience package. I'm currently waiting for the car, estimated to be ready for pick up around the end of october. Very anxious I must say, since this is my second owned car, stepped up from an acura integra. I'm located in ajax, anyone else on the forums located in Durham Region? I've been reading through the forums for sometime now about 3 weeks before I decided let my existence be known, but honestly reading about "breaking in" a new car has gotten me alil nervous, so tips and advice in GENERAL, in person or the forums would be greatly appreciated.
Plus it would be awesome to know the other local camaro owners

Thanks!
winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey man, welcome to the family!
As for breaking it in, theres a specific thread which most people follow. Its Darrins thread. Ill find the link for you. DO NOT do the break in stated by the manual. i made that mistake and my car felt slow, chugged gas for about a year, she finally opened up this year.
Darrins thread bsically tells you how to seat your piston rings properly to get the max performance out of your car. Just make sure you do this on rural roads with no cars in sight. Speeds you get up to should not be high anyways but for safety reasons; rural roads will be a clear choice
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
TJ91

Heres the link. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39955
Its a long read but well worth it. If for whatever reason the link doesnt work, go into the Break-in section and look for the thread titles " Best break in procedure" You can always use the search function as well.
Goodluck and keep us posted
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
Old 09-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
winter
The boy with the camaro

Thank you very much, lol I did use the search function... but its kinda useless when the info that comes up contradicts the other info that comes up... but I enjoy the read so thank you again
Old 09-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
TJ91

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter View Post
Thank you very much, lol I did use the search function... but its kinda useless when the info that comes up contradicts the other info that comes up... but I enjoy the read so thank you again
LOL i know what you mean. No problem, i think majority of us recommend this break in. From another guy with the v6, i really hope you follow this break in. If you go back one year, youll see how unsatisfied i wa with my cars performance last year, and it CHUGGED gas. It was on avg using 18L/100km
Old 09-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Welcome to the forum, and you'll find members from all over the GTA and beyond.

Congratulations on the new purchase, and not only is it an upgrade from your previous car (I cannot mention, don't like them), but, in my opinion is a vast improvement. Thank you for supporting the domestic, REAL MUSCLE CAR segment, and for supporting the Canadian Auto Workers; especially because you're from Durham region, where the Camaro is born.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
winter
The boy with the camaro

lol after reading the link's content, I feel alil more confident but ill have to wait until I pick up the car to see if im comfortable doing this on the backroads. From the way he was talking though it sounded like he was driving automatic so taking that into consideration, when breaking in the car I still should not hit 4k rpm or shift beyond that correct??. Thank you Squalo, i feel the same way and proud to move on to the domestic world and very proud to own modern muscle car... and I agree vast improvement. I bought that car to learn how to drive manual 3-4 years ago so it was only a stepping stone anyway.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
lol after reading the link's content, I feel alil more confident but ill have to wait until I pick up the car to see if im comfortable doing this on the backroads. From the way he was talking though it sounded like he was driving automatic so taking that into consideration, when breaking in the car I still should not hit 4k rpm or shift beyond that correct??. Thank you Squalo, i feel the same way and proud to move on to the domestic world and very proud to own modern muscle car... and I agree vast improvement. I bought that car to learn how to drive manual 3-4 years ago so it was only a stepping stone anyway.
I forgot one thing, don't forget to start posting pics as soon as it arrives, even from the dealership. Good Luck!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
mrbrans5

Drives: IOM Bahia Int. 2LT RS M6 SR BH
Quote:
Good morning all, I'm new to the forum and recently bought a 2011 black 1lt camaro with the connectivity and convenience package. I'm currently waiting for the car, estimated to be ready for pick up around the end of october. Very anxious I must say, since this is my second owned car, stepped up from an acura integra. I'm located in ajax, anyone else on the forums located in Durham Region? I've been reading through the forums for sometime now about 3 weeks before I decided let my existence be known, but honestly reading about "breaking in" a new car has gotten me alil nervous, so tips and advice in GENERAL, in person or the forums would be greatly appreciated.
Plus it would be awesome to know the other local camaro owners

Thanks!
Welcome to the Camaro5 forum. There's a ton of very informative information here. Lots of awsome people and events going on as well.

Your going to love your new ride!

Looking forward to some pictures.

From a Durham Camaro owner.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #10
winter
The boy with the camaro

Pictures are a big definite, my friend also said she wanted to model with my car and she has a pretty nice camera, I'll see if I can get her to do that as soon as the car is home , I have other girls who would love to do that as well but I'm looking forward to the events and the great people of the camaro community, thank you for the warm welcome guys! hopefully we have a few events before it gets too cold