Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Eric's Blue

Drives: Cybergray 1SS
Lighting Changes, Im up for suggestions

Okay I ve never been a big fan of mods to a car, but I have some strange fascination with blue lighting. Well to the color blue actually. I am regreting not getting the RS package now but oh well...

I would like some advice on getting blue Halo lights, ambient blue light for the interior, and possibly some other conservative lighting. No ground effects or flashing lights. Also someone in the Atlanta or north Georgia area that can install this professionally. Not a big do it yourself person. Money is not a terribly big issue, I will pay more for quality.

Thank you
Old 05-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Eric's Blue

Feel free to post price estimates or suggestion local vendors.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #3
Eric's Blue

Well GA Law is not going to allow for Blue halos.. sigh
Old 05-30-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
SATXLS3

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew
Here you go

Lights and switches ordered from AAC
Attached Images

SATXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Enzo

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
having red or blue lights in the front are illegal in most if not all states . There are halos that can be switched from white to blue with a press of a button. I know AAC have these but I'm sure other aftermarket halos are available too.
Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
agkelly73

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Eric, AAC sells a "colorshift" halo system for the Camaro. You can set the ring to 5 different solid colors and it can fade to something like 16 different shades. Also has several different transition modes like flashing, pulsing etc. I bought this set up from them at C5 Fest and love it. They also make the same setup for the fog lights (I also have these.) The system comes with a small black remote box and wireless controller that allows you to shift colors/modes and turn the lights on and off all together. I am currently out of the country but since the state laws where I'm at prohibit blue and red from the front, my wife usually drives around with green or some other color on. No issues there. You can save the red or blue for when you are at car shows and such. Another option is listed in this thread started by Becca: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79151 but dont think this would work for you as you don't have the RS headlights. I have really enjoyed having the AAC Oracle halos though.

EDIT: Eric, looks like AAC has the kit on sale right now for C5 members and is taking $100 off! (I know this is a link on another site but they advertise on both.) http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=23883

Last edited by agkelly73; 05-30-2010 at 02:53 PM.
agkelly73 is offline   Reply With Quote