Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 06-24-2012, 02:05 AM   #29
aet08

Drives: c
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc212121 View Post
That's actually funny, I told him that's not the place to sell prior from expierence, I wanted to buy the car, and would have paid up to $50k for it and even committed to that number for him, i think he insisted on $90k+, hell with the commission taken from BJ he just got stroked, too bad greed sometimes teaches us a hard lesson! Peace
if you really wanted it, you would have registered to bid. I've had many cash offers on the vehicle but when it came down to making payment the person would go MIA. People love to talk about how they want to buy the car, but when it comes down to paying they go MIA.

I don't think you could have handled what was under the hood and you couldn't handle the upkeep, so I did you a favor by not selling it to your ass for an additional $7k.
aet08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:07 AM   #30
aet08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
r is Friday night of an auction the time to sell it.

What you need to do is sell it on Saturday, when the bidders are all drunk.

If you have a child with cancer, that helps too.

Padre

NO SHIT. LOL
Old 06-24-2012, 03:32 AM   #31
wanderlai

Drives: Ronaele Mustang
Good God all mighty. Id have bought it at that price. Someone is very happy right now. Man what a deal.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #32
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
This makes me feel ill

Sorry to see you get bent over like this aet08. Just had mine appraised for replacement value insurance purposes and even though it appraised very well and I am happy with the appraisal, still well below what I have into the car.

Is there a reason you didn't put a reserve on it? I can remember, does B & J not allow reserves?

Anyway, sorry to see you take such a big hit on an absolutely gorgeous car.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #33
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aet08 View Post
NO SHIT. LOL
How is that funny?
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #34
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
How is that funny?
If you watch the auction, the only cars like his (new production car, modified) that go for over what you've put into it are "charity" cars. Trot out a sick child and the prices go through the roof. It is kind of sad :(, but funny in a sad way.

It also helps if you throw in a trip to Daytona with a NASCAR driver. One driver's new, hideously modified Toyota Tundra wasn't getting $30k in bids till he announced the winner could go to Daytona with him next year, and boom... $100k.

BJ is also know for their shady charities. They had a Wounded Warriors clone sell a car and raise $100k+ "for the troops", when in fact, the chairty was rated as one of the worst.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #35
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
If you watch the auction, the only cars like his (new production car, modified) that go for over what you've put into it are "charity" cars. Trot out a sick child and the prices go through the roof. It is kind of sad :(, but funny in a sad way.

It also helps if you throw in a trip to Daytona with a NASCAR driver. One driver's new, hideously modified Toyota Tundra wasn't getting $30k in bids till he announced the winner could go to Daytona with him next year, and boom... $100k.

BJ is also know for their shady charities. They had a Wounded Warriors clone sell a car and raise $100k+ "for the troops", when in fact, the chairty was rated as one of the worst.

Padre
One of the reasons that the charity cars sell for more money is because those are donations, not sales. The money spent on those cars is a tax write off.

I wouldn't have expected much more than that for this car. Keep in mind, most people don't know much about this car. It could be a dream, or it could be a nightmare. As the OP pointed out, this is not a "care free" car. It requires a certain amount of maintenance to keep it running properly.

This car is nothing compared to what happened at BJ in Las Vegas last year. They sold a Veyron with no reserve. The car was 2 or 3 years old and had 4000 miles on it. It "hammered" for $710,000. That was a smoking deal for the buyer. I wish they would have been able to interview the seller of that car. I wonder what his face looked like when He realized that He lost one million dollars by auctioning that car.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #36
doc212121

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS White/White
Hey Douche, Im going to take this to PM to keep from embarassing you publicly but lets be clear, its apparant you don't know anything about me and the facts are this:

You pm'ed me asking what I would be interested in paying for the car
My response was in the $50k range
You NEVER responded asking for a deposit, if I could buy immediatly, if I wanted to view the car prior to auction etc.

I told you I DO NOT SUPPORT BJ, therefore I was NOT going to be registering to bid. Someone who is such a car enthusiast made a few fatal mistakes with the decision to sell their "prized" Camaro. First one would be thinking you can sell a contemporary car at BJ for big money, YOU CANT! Second was posting here expecting we'd all be fighting to register to buy a car at BJ instead of offering it to serious buyers here. All you did was solicit bidders, you never persued to actually sell the car prior to auction which brings me to the last point: You wanted the car and/or yourself to be able to say you were on BJ auction! Case closed, you got what you wanted, you just had to pay for it! lol Not me! But Ill explain more in the pm big guy!

PS Ill gladly put previously owned vehicles up against you any day Good luck!
doc212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:26 AM   #37
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Hey Douche, Im going to take this to PM to keep from embarassing you publicly but lets be clear, its apparant you don't know anything about me and the facts are this:

You NEVER responded asking for a deposit, if I could buy immediatly, if I wanted to view the car prior to auction etc.

I told you I DO NOT SUPPORT BJ, therefore I was NOT going to be registering to bid. Someone who is such a car enthusiast made a few fatal mistakes with the decision to sell their "prized" Camaro. First one would be thinking you can sell a contemporary car at BJ for big money, YOU CANT! Second was posting here expecting we'd all be fighting to register to buy a car at BJ instead of offering it to serious buyers here. All you did was solicit bidders, you never persued to actually sell the car prior to auction which brings me to the last point: You wanted the car and/or yourself to be able to say you were on BJ auction! Case closed, you got what you wanted, you just had to pay for it! lol Not me! But Ill explain more in the pm big guy!

Easy man , it's Sunday morning and the birds are all over , they have ears too .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #38
doc212121

Tell me about it, lol I don't respond well to the inaccurate response to save face on the Internet is all enjoy your Sunday!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #39
aet08

They wouldn't allow reserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matster View Post
This makes me feel ill

Sorry to see you get bent over like this aet08. Just had mine appraised for replacement value insurance purposes and even though it appraised very well and I am happy with the appraisal, still well below what I have into the car.

Is there a reason you didn't put a reserve on it? I can remember, does B & J not allow reserves?

Anyway, sorry to see you take such a big hit on an absolutely gorgeous car.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #40
aet08

because it's true.
all the cars that go up for charity sell for a minimum of $100,000 even if the car is worth $20k

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
How is that funny?
Old 06-24-2012, 11:18 AM   #41
aet08

Douche? You must be projecting! "big guy"

Quote:

Old 06-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #42
doc212121

Lol nope I'm a big guy in real life, douche? I'm sure the haters think so, like they say if you don't have people hating your not doing something right! Lol congrats on the sale and good luck on your next build.