Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
ZL1 at MSRP?

I have been looking at 5 different dealers and thanks to this site I know more then they do. However I am starting to notice a trend on all of them. Due to allocation numbers some of them are now stating that there will be some sort of markup. What that will be is unknown per dealer. Just want to let all of you know that at some point the dealers are going to realize that this is limited and they can make money. Don't fool yourselves this is a supply/demand situation. Sorry fellas but it gonna get nasty.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
IROC U

Drives: 1986 Camaro IROC-Z; 2012 Camaro ZL1
Yeah, the dealers in my area are waiting to check with the other dealers in the area to see what their markups are before determining how much they are going to markup their allocations. They are in cahoots together.
IROC U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
My local dealer got 3 allocations and is selling at MSRP with all eligibale discounts honored. Sucks for you all... If my wife wasnt preggo with our first baby, I'd seriously consider one.

I'll tell you who for $1000.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Carzzy

Drives: '24 Camaro 2SS Conv. & '21Blazer
The Market Adjustment Price always comes into play when a "hot" new model comes out. I can remember this happening as far back as when the '84 Corvette came out! Dealers were marking them up around 5 grand when they were first introduced.....only to discount them toward the end of the model year. (an '84 Corvette is prolly the most worthless Vette today)
One dealer around here is marking up his left over '11 convertible Camaro SS's 5 grand over MSRP. Then they (dealers) wonder why they don't sell a lot of cars! I have seen this kind of greed for years and years when new models first come out! I for one will wait until the car (ZL1) has a discount!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzzy View Post
The Market Adjustment Price always comes into play when a "hot" new model comes out. I can remember this happening as far back as when the '84 Corvette came out! Dealers were marking them up around 5 grand when they were first introduced.....only to discount them toward the end of the model year. (an '84 Corvette is prolly the most worthless Vette today)
One dealer around here is marking up his left over '11 convertible Camaro SS's 5 grand over MSRP. Then they (dealers) wonder why they don't sell a lot of cars! I have seen this kind of greed for years and years when new models first come out! I for one will wait until the car (ZL1) has a discount!
I too will most likely be waiting. I have two dealers I've been in touch with and both can get me a car but they are playing $ games already. I can afford the car but if there is a mark-up it will blow my budget.
And I highly doubt the ZL1 will ever have a discount. It being a "supercar" will sell to a collector with ease. Cripe, the Camaro hasn't even had a rebate/discount yet. Just my opinion though.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Don't pay the markup. That is for suckers with money to burn. There is plenty of profit for the dealer at MSRP. Anything more is just someone out to screw you, nothing more, nothing less. If I were a manufacturer I would cut off the dealers that have these markups.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
I too will most likely be waiting. I have two dealers I've been in touch with and both can get me a car but they are playing $ games already. I can afford the car but if there is a mark-up it will blow my budget.
And I highly doubt the ZL1 will ever have a discount. It being a "supercar" will sell to a collector with ease. Cripe, the Camaro hasn't even had a rebate/discount yet. Just my opinion though.
It'll probably never have an incentive on it...but the dealer markups should end in the '13 MY when these cars aren't scarce...at least I'd hope so.

All those of you around dealers who want more $$$ than GM says they're worth - hang in there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
Don't pay the markup. That is for suckers with money to burn. There is plenty of profit for the dealer at MSRP. Anything more is just someone out to screw you, nothing more, nothing less. If I were a manufacturer I would cut off the dealers that have these markups.
You would be shut down by state regulations in short order...j.k.