Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #1653
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_z28 View Post
not taking anything away from the car tho, that thing looks BADAS$!!! Exept for the gay ass ricer wing out back, that kills the ass end...( I know I know, theres a reason for it, downforce blah blah blah) still gay tho.
Tell that to LeMans. There's a certain type of car that actually can USE that wing...and it ain't a civic.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:57 PM   #1654
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
In my opinion GM should focus more on getting the Z28 into production than bothering with a bunch of SEMA show cars. I'd much rather see a production 2012 Z28 instead of a bunch of a concept cars.
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 AM   #1655
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
In my opinion GM should focus more on getting the Z28 into production than bothering with a bunch of SEMA show cars. I'd much rather see a production 2012 Z28 instead of a bunch of a concept cars.
I doubt show cars like these don't take many resources from serious development of a car like the Z28. The SSX was probably developed mostly by Pratt & Miller, not GM. The Synergy car would have been done mostly by designers, who wouldn't have a whole lot to do with the Z28. Same thing with the Red Flash. Plus, it could be that when the SSX was being worked on, the 'big picture' engineering on the Z28 was already done. GM would still need to sort out details like NVH, ride quality, and manufacturing issues and so on, all the fiddly little bits that most never really think about. Getting a car to production is a process requiring many different types of engineers, working on it at different times. A concept car is much rougher and only has to look like what it claims to be, regardless of whether or not everything on it actually works.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #1656
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax86 View Post
That thread is full of lies and oozing fail....
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #1657
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Besides the carbon fibre, the SSX is pretty doable. Most of the stuff is off the shelf, or simply removed from the car. And GM is the only one that doesn't have some special track-only version of their pony car right now, this would fill that void. I'm not saying its a guaurentee, but I'd bet we will at least see something similar.

Remember SEMA 2009? The Dusk practically became the Neiman Marcus Camaro, and of course there was the Synergy Green car that GM brought.

i agree with you. make it look the same.

there is no competition in the looks department. that is the baddest in the land.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #1658
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
10' Camaro vs 10' Mustang

Now if what I have read is correct the 2010 Mustang V6 is 210 hp and the V8 is 315. So would the 2010 Camaro V6 and V8 be able to win against the 2010 Mustang V6 and V8?
Lol i know the hp numbers are way off from what the Camaro is putting out, but I just wanted to clarify on if what I read was actually correct.
I know the 2011 is a different story.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 PM   #1659
carguy_z28
eating 1 ricer @ a time

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2011 5.0
V6 to V6 its a close race, as the power to weight difference makes up for the lack of BHP in the stang. The SS will beat the GT mustang on most every straight line race due to a big power advantage. On a road course is a different story...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #1660
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
Damn so the weight difference is really that big of a factor for even an extra 100hp advantage?
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #1661
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
to a mustang guy, maybe. back in reality land the power difference is too much to overcome and they handle similarly.

obviously the '11 is another story : )

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #1662
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
No, the 2010 V6 Mustang is a dog! It's a low 15 sec car, compared to the low 14 sec for the V6 Camaro. However, the 2010 GT proves to be a mid 13 sec car compared to the low 13s of the 2010 SS.

Mustang V6 < Camaro V6 < Mustang GT < Camaro SS for the 2010 MY.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #1663
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I don't think anyones debating the straight line performance. he's saying on a road course the weight difference is enough to hold the camaro back.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:44 PM   #1664
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
I don't think anyones debating the straight line performance. he's saying on a road course the weight difference is enough to hold the camaro back.
The OP didn't say road course only... I don't even think it could imply that; it was the Mustang guy in here who said, "road course is a different story." Of course, that has been debunked on here so many times it's really just beating a dead horse now.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:59 PM   #1665
carguy_z28
eating 1 ricer @ a time

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2011 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
The OP didn't say road course only... I don't even think it could imply that; it was the Mustang guy in here who said, "road course is a different story." Of course, that has been debunked on here so many times it's really just beating a dead horse now.
You really have no idea what your talking about, Just because I have stang for my pic dont mean shit...I have two camaros as well...thanks tho tips...
as stated, it would be a close race, depending on what kind of race, the OP did not specify or the "win" that would take place IE what kind of race, so straight line, the camaro is almost a second faster in the quarter mile, but on a road course the mustang should come ahead....Talk about beating a dead horse, people like you making exuses every time some car comes along that does one thing or another better than the camaro...that gets old...
Old 11-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #1666
a_Username

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy_z28 View Post
You really have no idea what your talking about, Just because I have stang for my pic dont mean shit...I have two camaros as well...thanks tho tips...
as stated, it would be a close race, depending on what kind of race, the OP did not specify or the "win" that would take place IE what kind of race, so straight line, the camaro is almost a second faster in the quarter mile, but on a road course the mustang should come ahead....Talk about beating a dead horse, people like you making exuses every time some car comes along that does one thing or another better than the camaro...that gets old...
First off champ:

I don't have any idea? My post was in response to Entaille who said, "I don't think anyones debating the straight line performance. he's saying on a road course the weight difference is enough to hold the camaro back." This implies that the OP was strictly talking about road course racing, considering his "no one is debating straight line performance." Yet, you correctly pointed out the OP spoke of neither the 1/4 mile or a road course. So, my response simply said that "I don't know how you can even get road course only out of this."

Also, it has been proven time after time on here that the Mustang's straight line deficit is too much for it to overcome even on a road course (for both the V6 vs. V6 and GT vs. SS). Also, the V6 Camaro and V6 Mustang handle very similarly with a slight edge going to the V6 Camaro.

Tags
camaro, camaro vs mustang, cobra, faster, mods, mustang, race