Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #141
Eric59

Drives: 2013 Summit White 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I have read a handful of pages over at SVTP, and I can't help but to laugh. First off... (to satisfy them) I don't own a ZL, hope to one day, but none the less I don't have one. Secondly, I can... along with a few more on here vouch for the OP to this car being COMPLETELY stock... all the way to the valve stems, How do I know?.. Cause I see it atleast once a week, touch it as much and if there were any modding going to take place... I'm gonna be there to watch or help. So with that being said, I want to see real time slips from the "owners" over there... post em up... let the paper do the talking instead your ball washers. I mean YouTube is readily available, and I'm not gonna go copy and paste the 11.8's and 12.0's that are being run by stock 13 GT500's cause obviously everyone here can use a keyboard.

So for you "SVTP Lurkers"... Post your time slips... on your forum of your car... so that reality will set in for once. I'm not bashing, but it's time to put up or shut up.
+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #142
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
Really! they think my car is modded? HAHA Anyone can come to Fayetteville Motorsports Park and check it out. It is all stock!

I think I can run a little faster. I left some on the table at the start. I did have a first run that day of 11.91 with a 1.84 60 foot. I forgot to lower the air psi in my tires and did not realize the track was hooking up as good as it was.

Now that I actually understand what the car does and needs I bet I can run 11's, granted high 11's, in the summer months here in N.C.
A member there recently pointed out these two threads started by you as potential evidence that you car is modded:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250892

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251682

Care to explain if you went any further past just questions on the two threads? I really don't care, but I'm sure there are a couple crazy members from SVT watching this thread like a hawk lol.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #143
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
A member there recently pointed out these two threads started by you as potential evidence that you car is modded:

Care to explain if you went any further past just questions on the two threads? I really don't care, but I'm sure there are a couple crazy members from SVT watching this thread like a hawk lol.
He could explain and swear and promise but it doesn't matter. They are going to believe what they want to believe.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #144
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
I was looking into a possible pully change next year and was considering my options. I have the stock pully on my car. My intercooler pump is stock.

Listen, My car is stock dont know how else to say it.

I just went and looked over there. Really, some people seem ok there but others are just way off the hook. What happens if I run a 11.6x. They'll be jumping out windows!
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #145
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

While I might not completely agree with the tone (and that's just the way I read this last couple sentences), it's a credible question I believe . However...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
He could explain and swear and promise but it doesn't matter. They are going to believe what they want to believe.
Furthermore - WTF do they care what goes on here? What - all of a sudden MT, R&T, and all the other rags plainly stating the GT500 accelerates faster are all wrong?! LOL. If they are that sensitive about it - FINE, I say. I could give two-sh1t$ what goes on over there and what they post.

I WILL say that I am all for complete honesty and make sure any statements made are factual. And - he makes it plain in the response...

Quote:
I was looking into a possible pully change next year and was considering my options. I have the stock pully on my car. My intercooler pump is stock.

I just went and looked over there. Really, some people seem ok there but others are just way off the hook. What happens if I run a 11.6x. They'll be jumping out windows!
Like I mentioned: Who cares what they think. If all they want to do is praise their car over here, they're not welcome. If they want to share is some common passion - that's different. There's no other reason to question you, so don't let yourself get wound up by anyone else - I'm not saying you were - just backing you up in case you start going that way.

Maybe - run some more to back it up under similar conditions - make them jump out of windows, LOL

JK - but seriously

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #146
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
Awesome run. These were the times I was predicting back when 580hp was announced. Glad to see someone has driven their Z to its potential. There's still room for improvement with better weather. Can't wait to see some 11.6's or even sneak into the 5's

Where are the M6 guys? Come on now!
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #147
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
Awesome run. These were the times I was predicting back when 580hp was announced. Glad to see someone has driven their Z to its potential. There's still room for improvement with better weather. Can't wait to see some 11.6's or even sneak into the 5's

Where are the M6 guys? Come on now!
Was going to a test and tune this afternoon but it was cancelled due to weather. Will try again on Saturday.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #148
16floz470ml

Drives: 2012 ZL1 GLJ MG9 WBP RTQ
I am taking my M6 ZL1 to Thunder Road Raceway in Gilliam, LA this Friday. Hope to see other ZL1s.
16floz470ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #149
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16floz470ml View Post
I am taking my M6 ZL1 to Thunder Road Raceway in Gilliam, LA this Friday. Hope to see other ZL1s.
Bring it to Houston in a couple weeks. We will have a few ZL1 there for sure. Info is in my sig.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #150
16floz470ml

Drives: 2012 ZL1 GLJ MG9 WBP RTQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Bring it to Houston in a couple weeks. We will have a few ZL1 there for sure. Info is in my sig.
Ok. Thanks for the invitation. I'll have to buy new rear tires for that trip. Just hit 3,000 miles and they are on the wear bar.
16floz470ml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #151
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:

Maybe all those powerful gt500's (with sorry drivers) will come to Fayetteville Saturday and show their driver skill (since we know it shouldn't be the vehicles) against a few ZL-1s.

What better proof; surely there are some actual gt500's brave enough to race in real life....

....perhaps....unless they truly know its the driver; and not the vehicle.

If you can drive 11.7's in your ZL-1...IMAGINE what you could drive in a GT500...

..sounds like fun...
Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #152
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
As said above.....the OP's car IS bone stock as delivered.

I saw it the first week of it's life and have seen it almost every week since.

GM was rite on target saying what these cars could do.
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #153
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post
As said above.....the OP's car IS bone stock as delivered.

I saw it the first week of it's life and have seen it almost every week since.

GM was rite on target saying what these cars could do.
The car has been tuned by kdi The pil said so and I am also an idiot if anybody was wondering.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #154
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Pill is convinced the OP's car is tuned. He somehow knows it is.