Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Either way I have no interest in the time and money to install another amp to power a single 3.5 inch speaker. Just not worth it, when the components and 6x9s will sound way better anyway.

I'd maybe consider the resistor route....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
You may reconsider swapping out the factory speakers after you install the JL amp. The factory amp is garbage and the JL really cleans the sound up nicely. If you do want to swap out the speakers, Steve (********) sells a quick connector for the factory speaker harnesses that keeps you from having to cut any existing factory wires.

I went with an Arc Audio 900.6 so I added the amp rack. The only problem with running the FARK is the chimes are running through the amp so the turn signal and seatbelt alerts are louder. I think I saw something on here a while back that fixed this issue, but I can't find it now that I need it.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #17
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
You may reconsider swapping out the factory speakers after you install the JL amp. The factory amp is garbage and the JL really cleans the sound up nicely. If you do want to swap out the speakers, Steve (********) sells a quick connector for the factory speaker harnesses that keeps you from having to cut any existing factory wires.

I went with an Arc Audio 900.6 so I added the amp rack. The only problem with running the FARK is the chimes are running through the amp so the turn signal and seatbelt alerts are louder. I think I saw something on here a while back that fixed this issue, but I can't find it now that I need it.
The chime and indicator volumes are tied to amp gains. Lower amp gain = lower chime volume.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #18
Kevinshawnm
Biggz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99 Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
Right - but in order to connect to the center channel, you will have to splice into the factory wiring. The FARK kit does not have connections for the center channel. And technically, you don't "need" a 1 channel amp, you could always bridge the fronts with a resistor or LPAD, as in this article. Best bet - if you really want a center channel - would be something like an AudioControl LC6i that could give you a summed channel with level control and a small amp.

Also, how you like that MS-8? I have been considering something like that or the IMPRINT. Do you have the MS-8 powering your speakers, or only providing EQ/time alignment functions?
I love the MS-8, I was orginally was using the JL Clean sweep and was VERY happy, Now i cant imagine life without it.
Kevinshawnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #19
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinshawnm View Post
I love the MS-8, I was orginally was using the JL Clean sweep and was VERY happy, Now i cant imagine life without it.
Don't you loose your fader options from the factory head unit with the MS-8?

I wanted to put an MS-8 in my car, but I absolutely didn't want the MS-8 touchscreen in my car. And I wasn't thrilled about losing my HU fader control.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote