Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 PM   #239
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Well, it would be REALLY cool to have 5.1, but I think that would be going away from what GM's main goal is...less weight. I'd love 5.1...LOVE IT....since I'm a huge home theater buff, etc.
Perhaps as option?
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #240
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Would be nice! I don't mind a little extra weight at all for the goodies!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #241
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You know...the more and more I look at that thing on top of the dash the more and more it looks (to me) like a speaker, as was mentioned......It sort of slopes down into the dash, "disappearing" if you will.

hmm.......That would be a first for me!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #242
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Here's a question for 'ya, buddy....

No details, now (unless you want to). But - does the Camaro have to worry about competitors with Integrated Nav units? I trust you get my drift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Better yet^^^...camero, what kind of sound systems do you like? What brand?? If you catch my drift...

Here's one: What kind of engine do you really prefer in your muscle car? And what are your top, oh, say 10 color choices on a muscle car? If ya get MY drift!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 PM   #243
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
You know...the more and more I look at that thing on top of the dash the more and more it looks (to me) like a speaker, as was mentioned......It sort of slopes down into the dash, "disappearing" if you will.

hmm.......That would be a first for me!
imo it looks like a window de-froster.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #244
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
+1. If they can keep the top-dog near that range, that would be sweet. I always told myself I wanted to go all out on this car because I've never bought a new car, but I'm a little conflicted about the options that I want since I'm a speed demon
I'm the same way. I want to get the best performance out of whatever model I get, but I'm also tempted to load it up with goodies as it will be my daily driver.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #245
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
imo it looks like a window de-froster.
That's what I though, at first - and this might just be me - but it seems too far away from the windshielf to be a defroster, and if you look closely - can you see something behind the feature-in-question? Doesn't that look more like a defroster??
I think I'm just nuts...can you see what I'm talking about, or is it me?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #246
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
If Camero says it's a speaker, I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what it is. He's gone through his period of skepticism, and everything he's said has been right on the money.

Now, I will believe everything he says until such time as I have reason not to.

That being said... there is absolutely no reason to have 5.1 surround sound in a car that doesn't have a kick-ass stereo! I really can't wait to see what we get in that area.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #247
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
That being said... there is absolutely no reason to have 5.1 surround sound in a car that doesn't have a kick-ass stereo! I really can't wait to see what we get in that area.
You sparked one of my brain cells, Pencil. And that is VERY hard to do!

Wasn't it 'rumored' that this beauty will get a never-before-seen-in-a-GM-car stereo system? Supposed to be Kick-a$$!?!?

hmmmmm.....makes you wonder.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #248
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
If Camero says it's a speaker, I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what it is. He's gone through his period of skepticism, and everything he's said has been right on the money.

Now, I will believe everything he says until such time as I have reason not to.

Yeah, but designers can do strange things. Such as? The Aztec. Now I'm sure that thay guy got fired from GM (I think he was hired by Dodge, look at the Caliber). I just brought this up to illustrate what can happen when designers loose touch with reality.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:31 PM   #249
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yeah, but designers can do strange things. Such as? The Aztec. Now I'm sure that thay guy got fired from GM (I think he was hired by Dodge, look at the Caliber). I just brought this up to illustrate what can happen when designers loose touch with reality.
I understand what you're getting at, but there's no way you can compare this car to the Aztec. This car is being designed, tested, built, and managed by Camaro enthusiasts. They're not going to do anything to hurt it.

I can see a lot of the little extras that we've been hinted to about going away due to the latest rumors of price issues. GM realizes that the pricing of this car is going to be far more important than including an over-the-top stereo or integrated Nav system. Granted, many of us would gladly pay extra for those features, but there just aren't enough of "us" to keep this car alive for the next 30+ years.

I know it's been said a thousand times before , but there a bunch of things I would love to see this car come with, but none of them mean a thing if I can't afford the car when it hits the showroom floor.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #250
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
Quote:
That's what I though, at first - and this might just be me - but it seems too far away from the windshielf to be a defroster, and if you look closely - can you see something behind the feature-in-question? Doesn't that look more like a defroster??
I think I'm just nuts...can you see what I'm talking about, or is it me?
actully ur right it looks to be a speaker, and behide it i can see a longer more skinner hole which is probly a window de-froster. looks like this car is going to have a kick a$$ stereo system
Old 02-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #251
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoked View Post
actully ur right it looks to be a speaker, and behide it i can see a longer more skinner hole which is probly a window de-froster. looks like this car is going to have a kick a$$ stereo system

Guys... I'm starting to see it too... wow that would be a great surprise to get a hot stereo system! Great.. just another part of the Camaro that I can't wait for....

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 PM   #252
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Yes, we all want steering wheel controls (I think that's what those triangular things are on the two side spokes. (room for controls)

Anyways....but don't we also all want an airbag to protect us from those ~400 horses should something go wrong?
Well maybe they should make the wheel look more like the CTS-V or the 350Zs then; but with Camaro written up there:

http://cars.about.com/od/nissan/ig/2...Z-interior.htm

This makes the prototype car's wheel, though unfinished, look like crap. The wheel is the one thing they CAN make exactly like the Concept; but with steering wheel controls and even with the airbag, it could look nice and neat like the 350-Zs wheel.

Last edited by Dark Eric; 02-07-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Dark Eric is offline   Reply With Quote