Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Magnaflow Comp axle back 5" question

i think i am going to get this setup very soon i have already talked to my shop about it....

first off how long does it take to get from ordering i have never ordered a exhaust before and was wondering

do allot of you guys who have it like/ love it?

i was studying the Magnaflow Comp axle back and i see thats there no muffler, i know it sound different from straight pipes, but how is that? i dont know much about exhaust ... i just wanna know like does the Magnaflow Comp axle back pop like spright pipes do when slowing down? and is it too loud for daily driving because i knows they state "competition" use.

thanks for the help
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
Z71456

Drives: Camaro
Hi Mike,

I'm actually going to order the Magnaflow catback "Competition" series this week. Magnaflow is down the street from my house and I know someone that works there that I'm hoping will be able to hook me up as they have in the past. If I'm able to get it this week and get it put on I will post comments.

Your order shouldn't take long, just depends who you order from. Unless the place you order from has it in stock, it will probably be drop shipped directly from Magnaflow which is about 1 mile from my house. UPS Ground takes about 3-6 days depending on the distance.

The catback Competition systems has a muffler after the cats and then it's straight pipes from there out so I don't think there will be too much popping. Not sure, but as soon as I get mine on I will let you know how I like it and if it pops.
Z71456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #3
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z71456 View Post
Hi Mike,

I'm actually going to order the Magnaflow catback "Competition" series this week. Magnaflow is down the street from my house and I know someone that works there that I'm hoping will be able to hook me up as they have in the past. If I'm able to get it this week and get it put on I will post comments.

Your order shouldn't take long, just depends who you order from. Unless the place you order from has it in stock, it will probably be drop shipped directly from Magnaflow which is about 1 mile from my house. UPS Ground takes about 3-6 days depending on the distance.

The catback Competition systems has a muffler after the cats and then it's straight pipes from there out so I don't think there will be too much popping. Not sure, but as soon as I get mine on I will let you know how I like it and if it pops.

ok that would be great... i heard that it pops a little which i dont mind i actually kinda of like a little popping but straight pipes have too much popping.... do you think we will have some loss in low end TQ???
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:19 AM   #4
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
The catback has a muffler/x-pipe that replaces the stock H-pipe. The axleback has no muffler it just replaces the stock mufflers with pipe.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #5
RoyalKev

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I got the competition series last week and it sounds great, nice loud aggresive and it pops like crazy haha.
RoyalKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #6
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Don't forget about the Texas Speed headers & exhaust system. You get full stainless steel system from headers to tips that features a 3" x pipe & 3" exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers. For the money it's a hard package to beat.

Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado
The stock system is already stainlees mendrel bent tubing. So rather than pay $1200 for the comp cat back, I'm just replacing the resonator with a magnaflow X-Pipe muffler and the stock cans with a comp axle back. Essentially building a comp cat back for $600 INSTALLED. Yes Magnaflow tubing bends are supposedly "tuned" bends but, I can't see that being good for any more than maybe 2-3 additional HP. Is the $600 difference worth 2-3 HP? That $600 savings is a CAI or Tune or both!

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:34 AM   #8
Trailbreaker77

Drives: 2010 Transformers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post
The stock system is already stainlees mendrel bent tubing. So rather than pay $1200 for the comp cat back, I'm just replacing the resonator with a magnaflow X-Pipe muffler and the stock cans with a comp axle back. Essentially building a comp cat back for $600 INSTALLED. Yes Magnaflow tubing bends are supposedly "tuned" bends but, I can't see that being good for any more than maybe 2-3 additional HP. Is the $600 difference worth 2-3 HP? That $600 savings is a CAI or Tune or both!

Yes, this is exactly how I feel about it. Well said!