Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #57
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM75 View Post
I honestly can't believe that not one person complaining about slowness and under performance is willing to take their cars to get dyno'd and scanned (not necessarily tuned). They are unwilling to pay extra for a car under warranty.

Well it sounds like you are getting nowhere at the dealer so if you think it isn't right spend a couple hundred bucks and get it looked at...maybe you can provide some insight to the dealer for them to fix the problem and maybe they would reimburse you...either way you are taking a proactive stance to fixing the problem.

When my SS/auto comes in (currently at 3400)...if it ain't right I will be driving to the nearest speed shop...which is unfortunately over 2hours away.
Sorry Dude,

I work 2 jobs already and my wife works fulltime and still taking care of 3 kids one with Cancer. Not any free time in my life to go mess around with Dyno's and pay for something that is under warranty.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #58
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
I really hope this issue is fixed, As i think alot of people are now waiting to get their hands on these, I recently talked to my dealer and he informed me that 2 of his 6 orders that are still waiting to be filled (ALL V8's) changed to Manuals because of what they heard about the Automatics. I for one, will be driving this car as my daily driver and really wanted this Automatic that was so hyped up and would pull 25 mpg Highway and throw down 400hp...

now it seems I will wait until this issue is resolved..

I really hope a certain competitor does not come creeping my way as I am reeally growing on the 10 Stangs.. and have always been a fan of the Challenger.
Relax everyone, my DIC stated I was only getting 16.9m miles per gallon. So I did the math for myself, it appears that I'm actually getting over 21 mile a gallon on the highway. I don't know why the DIC is so far off, but just do the math yourself and I think everyone will be pleasently surpised. I'm happy with my L99 as I'm sure a bunch of other people are. I still only have 1100 miles on my car and I'm sure after it is broken in it wiil be close as advertised.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #59
Lee9710

Drives: 2013 Summit White ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to Lee9710
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Soooooooo you're saying that I may be getting 6.2 because I have driven low rpm and up and down for break-in?
I'm no expert on these cars but I have read and heard on many occasions that the car's computer will learn how you drive and respond accordingly. When I rebuilt my Trans Am engine and transmission, it took the computer about 3k miles to learn about driving habits and for my engine to cycle through everything. This may be some of the problem. When I got my 2SS I drove it like I stole it from the first day until now. I hit 100 mph on the freeway just today making a pass on a slow lane. The faster I take my foot off the brake and slam the gas, the quicker I take off from the line. I haven't officially timed my car yet but I have raced a 2010 Mustang GT and a 2009 Challenger SRT-8 and beaten them both easily. Not saying that is your problem, but it may be. I would just start flooring it every chance you get up to about 60 for about 2k miles and see if it changes anything. That is what your warranty is for. If something messes up, get it replaced for free.

Proud Owner of the baddest Camaro ever built
ZL1
Lee9710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #60
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
insight taken and appreciate it.

Thinking bout Victory Red 1SS/RS with Matte Black Custom Stripes. Automatic Transmission (L99)
and apparently a $900 dollar whole in my roof.

OHH.. DID I MENTION 24" off THE GROUND?!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #61
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHart View Post
i see in your car it says you have a 2006 MC SS, is it the 5.3 v8 like in the impala ss?? if so i'd just keep driving it until the v8 auto is resolved, that's a damn good lookin car.
yes same 5.3 engine as the impala SS-- thats another thing.. I think my car is fast right now.. I dont wanna jump in a brand new 2010 that Im paying about an extra 160 / month for and it feels the same or even worse slower than the car I used to own.

My car hauls ass right now with big ass 22's on it.

Thinking bout Victory Red 1SS/RS with Matte Black Custom Stripes. Automatic Transmission (L99)
and apparently a $900 dollar whole in my roof.

OHH.. DID I MENTION 24" off THE GROUND?!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:59 AM   #62
BigDan

Drives: bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Not any free time in my life to go mess around with Dyno's and pay for something that is under warranty.
I think you have a long and difficult road ahead that very well may lead to you selling the car if you and the dealer cant fix your problem. As others said GM wont fix any if your problems because there machines show no problems. Talk to your dealer before you do this but ask him what he could do for you if you brought him a chassis dyno sheet that was 100whp low?

Like others said its up to YOU. Take a Saturday morning road trip to that dyno shop and lay down about $75 and watch and wait for about 30 min and when its all done you now have the proof that you've been waiting for and can finally sleep at night. And you should be back home before lunch.

It's definetly worth in my book.......what are you alternitives???
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:25 AM   #63
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Do what you need to do... I'll be picking mine up in the next few weeks.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #64
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
I'm still getting mine. 1SS Auto.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #65
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
yes same 5.3 engine as the impala SS-- thats another thing.. I think my car is fast right now.. I dont wanna jump in a brand new 2010 that Im paying about an extra 160 / month for and it feels the same or even worse slower than the car I used to own.

My car hauls ass right now with big ass 22's on it.

Does the Impala SS still have the A4 (4 speed auto) or the new 6 speed auto with all the different modes, D (regular drive), M mode (Sport), M mode (with paddle shifters), competitive mode, and the hold the TC button for 7 sec(turns everything off) mode ?
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #66
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Your holding off on the L99 based on rumors alone? There are so many variables that can cause a bad 0-60 time. Looking at a video isn't prooving anything. Let's see these cars run at the 1/4 mile so we can get accurate numbers and 60' times. Run with dynolicious or g-tech at the same time so we can varify they are accuate too. I bet most people with slow L99 are running 2.3 or 2.4 60' times due to bad launch which causes Torque Management to slow the car. Everybody is taking the driver out of the equation, yet none of the cars have been driven by a professional driver.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #67
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
You guys that are considering the L99, including the OP, don't let the ones having problems sway you. Just like peeling paint or panels not matching right, it's not gonna stop you from buying the car because you realize that it's only a few cars. Now the L99 may be a higher percentage but most say theirs is running fine.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:08 PM   #68
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
How come we have no word from the (2) people having major problems with the L99 cars been in the shop all week or what?
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #69
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbaker82 View Post
How come we have no word from the (2) people having major problems with the L99 cars been in the shop all week or what?
Well, they are having to wait til the guys at GM are finished with their shutdown. Dealers aren't showing any codes so as far as they're concerned the cars are running normal. Scotts dealer acknowledges a problem due to getting beat by the LT they have. But they're waiting to hear from GM at some possibilities. Problem is that the cars feel strong but just aren't getting the times they should be. All the reveiws of the V6 are that it's a strong peppy motor so the SSs owners are feeling this same thing and thinking the car is fine. Until more people time their 0-60 or even 1/4 mile runs, we won't know how many are 'slow'.

My problem is no matter HOW strong the SS 'feels', if it's not faster than the LT then what was the point in paying the extra cash other than a better car to mod. MOST won't do mods. but just wanted a faster car.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #70
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
irpq11, (beating a dead horse here, as ive said this before, but w/e) have you and Scott tried just disconnecting the battery, discharge the system, unplug the ECU and/or tranny controller and let it sit for a few min before reconnecting everything? I know its a long shot, but it might be worth trying.

You could also try disconnecting the MAF and let the engine run in a closed loop system to see if performance gets better (which it shouldn't but if it does, would indicate a problem, conversely if it even stays roughly the same could indicate a problem)

Seeing as its difficult for you guys to get em in to the dealer (totally understandable) these small things could at least narrow the scope as to whats wrong, and you can do them yourselves over the weekend

just a suggestion

Hope your issue gets solved soon
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote