Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-08-2009, 11:46 PM   #43
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
So when that dealer showed up here a few months ago I and one other poster got crapped on for raising concerns on day one. I smelled a rat. His name was Damien.
I was one of those you mention, asking why you were giving him a hard time.
I still stand by him in that I really doubt this was his decision. He is a salesman not the Owner or general manager etc that this is coming from. So please understand until I see otherwise I don't blame Damien one bit! He is just the messenger in this case.

BTW If it appeared that I was crapping on you I apologize. It was not my intention, I just was asking to give the guy a break/chance.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #44
joerod97
Chevy Man

Drives: 2010 2ss -black/black
Watch your back SummoneR, Damien has his interest in mind, not yours. I put their tactics on a thread forum a while back and Demi emailed me and told me they had a rightto make extra $$ and I would do the same if I had 10 extra cars in my posession.I know I wouldnt screw people like that, but then again I dont work at sullivans.Just proceed with caution and I hope he does treat you right. First time for everything. Now Im just going to wait for damiens (Omen?) rebuttal........
joerod97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:10 AM   #45
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
This is rediculous.. we live in Dixon my friend... going though Hanlee's, we're order #1, had to let #2 go through because of the cgm restraint and we are still waiting on our car... or even info on our car at this point. For some reason I always though JLS was supposed to be a good dealership... good PR I guess. What a bunch of crap ! I know that dealers are hard up for money/sales, but this is not the answer ! The bad part is I'm pretty sure he is a high volume dealer who will survive the cuts ....

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:46 AM   #46
FrozenCaveman
Just a caveman

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant chicken View Post
This is rediculous.. we live in Dixon my friend... going though Hanlee's, we're order #1, had to let #2 go through because of the cgm restraint and we are still waiting on our car... or even info on our car at this point. For some reason I always though JLS was supposed to be a good dealership... good PR I guess. What a bunch of crap ! I know that dealers are hard up for money/sales, but this is not the answer ! The bad part is I'm pretty sure he is a high volume dealer who will survive the cuts ....

Whooo - glad I didn't order from Hanlees. I ordered late October from Putnam in Burlingame. MSRP and my CGM 2SS went to 3300 (finally!) last Friday. I went to Hanlees first and they wanted a $5k markup. I blew them off other than to check out the 2LT they got in May.

It's good to hear feedback about these dealerships, but I agree with my fellow Davisite - this stuff would be good to see in the NorCal regional thread, too.

-JP
Old 06-09-2009, 10:26 AM   #47
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

We got ours at MSRP, but only because we pre-ordered in Oct. We're sitting at 3400, have been for some time now, but no info since ... but of course the guy we are working with keeps complaining about how he is not making any money on this deal, and how if we don't buy the car he would mark it up 5k... blah, blah, blah. So I don't doubt it a bit. They own half of the dealerships in town, and have the Nissan dealership the shares the lot with them, I had walked over to check out the GT-R they have in the showroom and they have a 20k markup on that, I told the salesman he was smoking crack, he just told me " you can't get it if you don't ask for it !". Wow, in the economy you are lucky enough to get any sales...

Old 06-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #48
mwoodengr
Clueless Member

Drives: 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible
Why not take a trip to the dealer to finalize all the costs in person and in writing. All the prices are now fixed and every dealer can produce the final cost number. That way you can see exactly what they plan on charging/adding. Then discuss every option/add-on they plan on putting on the car, and reject it if you do not want it.
If they really are adding $4k worth of stuff, they will have a heck of a time selling it, as most people are too smart to buy that crap.

Try and due this first, before telling another dealer you are going to buy a car, only to back out of it. I think the multiple order thing is wrong and only screw's over other potential Camaro owners.

If they wont give you any firm numbers in writing, then the alarm bells should be ringing real loud and it's time to tell the dealer to cancel your order.

There is no way dealers will be able to charge much over MSRP in a few months, there are just too many Camaros being built.

Original order - Cancelled
1100 = 11/15/2009
New Order
1100 = Preliminary Order: 1/26/2009
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/27/2009
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 6/16/2009
3800 = Produced: ?
4150 = Invoiced: ?
4200 = Shipped: 7/3/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/2009
6000 = 7/18/2009

Last edited by mwoodengr; 06-09-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: fixed working
mwoodengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #49
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Main View Post
These paint protection/sealer finishes are a complete ripoff.

I spoke with one of the BASF engineers who works here in Oshawa on the clear coat.

Their current clear coat - doesn't need UV, pollution, or any other kind of EXTRA protection that these sealers can give. Anything that is being done - you can do yourself with some of the better wax/protection systems like Zaino.
I plan on using zaino on my Camaro so to me a sealant is a waste.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:42 AM   #50
SummoneR
Paul

Dang mutant chicken! That sucks you're still there at 3400!
What was your salsemans name again? I thought about talking to Butch there at their Toyota dealer, I bought my FJ from them at below MSRP when they had a $4k mark up everywhere else I looked.

Hey woodengr where did you go to get your Camaro? I have a friend who lives up in Gonzales I could fly out to visit her and pick up my car and drive it home. :-)
Old 06-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #51
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

We're dealing with Dave Estacio, the Fleet Manager, he was the only person in the building when we walked in previous to Oct. 13th, we wanted to deal with Sandy (don't recall her last name at the moment ) whom we had bought our Tahoe from the previous January but she was gone ... we had put our name on the list with Sandy but who knows where that went ... then went back and met Dave later and made sure our name was on the list still.

Customer service has been spotty... Everything with the Tahoe has been fantastic ! But I think Dave is getting tired of my pestering him about the Camaro, he is pretty good when I stop by and talk to him, he is plesant to deal with and when he has time will stop to talk to me, but he can be a bit slow about returning phone calls or emails... I'm still waiting for a return email from last week.

As far as them not taking names for more cars ? I know Dave would love to sell more ! He keeps complaining to me that he wishes he could get more... What he has told me ( several times now ) is that they only had an allotment of 4 , which of course sold immedeatly, and he doesn't know how soon he can get more, although he keeps requesting more. He says that he has people stopping all the time but he doesn't even want to take names at this point for a car that he isn't even sure if he can get .. for what that is worth... What I do know is that he still hasn't had a sold order show up yet ! Like I said we are order #1, practially knocked the door down on Oct. 13th, we had to let #2 slip by , but they still don't have their car either !

Maybe that's what we get for using a small town dealer ?

Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #52
mwoodengr
Clueless Member

Drives: 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
Dang mutant chicken! That sucks you're still there at 3400!
What was your salsemans name again? I thought about talking to Butch there at their Toyota dealer, I bought my FJ from them at below MSRP when they had a $4k mark up everywhere else I looked.

Hey woodengr where did you go to get your Camaro? I have a friend who lives up in Gonzales I could fly out to visit her and pick up my car and drive it home. :-)
My original order was with Best Chevy, but cancelled after get jurked around. Now I have an order with Banner Chevy, for $500 under MSRP, but i don't think they have any allocation left. But, most dealers (all i called) in New Orleans require a non-refundable deposit.

Original order - Cancelled
1100 = 11/15/2009
New Order
1100 = Preliminary Order: 1/26/2009
2000 = Accepted By GM: 5/27/2009
3000 = Accepted By Production Control: 6/16/2009
3800 = Produced: ?
4150 = Invoiced: ?
4200 = Shipped: 7/3/2009
5000 = Delivered To Dealer: 7/14/2009
6000 = 7/18/2009
mwoodengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:05 PM   #53
jsmith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
I ordered my Camaro on 3/31/09 and the order was placed in the GM system on 4/2/09. I received e-mail updates on my car thru-out the process, put down a $500 deposit over the phone on my credit card and was quoted MSRP. I reveiced my car exactly 8 weeks later to the day on 5/28/09 got it for MSRP and was in and out in 1 hour. I ordered from Novato Chevrolet here in Northern California/Bay Area. No problems whatsoever....give them a call and ask for Mark(Manager) or Paul(internet manager), I know that all pre-ordered cars were sold at MSRP and I am pretty sure that is still thew case. Hope this helps someone!!!!
Event 3000 - 4/10/09
Event 3300 - 4/27/09
Event 3800 - 5/12/09 VIN#9436
Event 4200 - 5/18/09 :party0038:
Event 5000 - 5/28/09 delivered
jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #54
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
I ordered my Camaro on 3/31/09 and the order was placed in the GM system on 4/2/09. I received e-mail updates on my car thru-out the process, put down a $500 deposit over the phone on my credit card and was quoted MSRP. I reveiced my car exactly 8 weeks later to the day on 5/28/09 got it for MSRP and was in and out in 1 hour. I ordered from Novato Chevrolet here in Northern California/Bay Area. No problems whatsoever....give them a call and ask for Mark(Manager) or Paul(internet manager), I know that all pre-ordered cars were sold at MSRP and I am pretty sure that is still thew case. Hope this helps someone!!!!

see my sig for why. 8 weeks - jeez....
Old 06-09-2009, 07:03 PM   #55
tcslc

Drives: '10 SS 6MT, '07 GT500, '08 ACR
Besides, the last thing I'd do it let a dealer touch my brand new paint with any kind of "been around the shop, dragged across the floor, new guy is doing the application" wax treatment. I always request mine right off the truck, no dealer prep with their dropped on the ground, sandpaper wash mitts, please.
tcslc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #56
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCaveman View Post

Whooo - glad I didn't order from Hanlees. I ordered late October from Putnam in Burlingame. MSRP and my CGM 2SS went to 3300 (finally!) last Friday. I went to Hanlees first and they wanted a $5k markup. I blew them off other than to check out the 2LT they got in May.

It's good to hear feedback about these dealerships, but I agree with my fellow Davisite - this stuff would be good to see in the NorCal regional thread, too.

-JP
You obviously did not read what happened to the member who got jacked by Putnam did you?...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23797

Fortunately it got worked out... but still the damage was done.