Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #43
Nightblade
F-Body Fool

Drives: 2002 GMC Sierra Denali AWD 4WS
I would love it if GM got off their arses and put in a real stereo system too many other cars have great system even the Pontiac's Monsoon was a tons better than Chevy's Bose options

GM should dump the CD and put in a MP3/WMA DVD drive in it this way we can still play CD's but we could rip DVD's with Mp3/WMA's and get alot more time out of disc

definately needs a media player slot or plug in

hopefully they tweak their current Navigation system to allow like an iPod to connect to it or a cell phone with a Bluetooth adapter

GM has always been behind with the audio dept. it seems
Nightblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #44
djgrind45

Drives: 02 wrangler
is it just me or on the dash right in the middle on a couple of concept pics. i see like a built in screen typ thing i can see words it looks like its for the radio ill try and find a pic. and they should def. put Bose sound system in the car
djgrind45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:23 PM   #45
djgrind45

Drives: 02 wrangler
these are the pictures im talking about i found them in this form you can see a screen typ thing right in the center of the dash above the radio

djgrind45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #46
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Yup...but I do believe that is going to be for the concept only...not for production. You can't hold me to it, but I'm pretty sure I remember hearing from a reputable source (bout a year ago) that the digital dash in that top center portion wasn't going to be like that. It would be nice if they could integrate something in there....as long as it looked nice.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #47
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
radio

all i need is a acc. plug in for my i-pod and im good.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #48
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Do GM even have a version like the Chrysler MyGIG and Fords Sync, if not they need to step up

If the maro comes with Boston acoustics would it be the first the first, last I checked Chrysler is contracted with Boston acoustics and GM is with Bose and what the type speakers does ford have, the other day I saw an top dog Focus and that bitch was thumping, and it was to new to be aftermarket cause it did not have any tags yet

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:55 PM   #49
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerF View Post
I gotta be honest, I hope they do something much more practical with the production controls. They look...silly in the concept
I agree. They need a sweeping interior somewhat like the new buick concepts, Cadillac CTS and Malibu. They could still incorporate most of the Camaro concept in this it would just have a more funtional and asthetically pleasing center section. The center section on the prepos is definantley not working.
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #50
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Do GM even have a version like the Chrysler MyGIG and Fords Sync, if not they need to step up
they do it's called OnStar
Old 06-30-2008, 08:38 AM   #51
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'Z28 View Post
they do it's called OnStar
not nearly the same thing. The other two are for entertainment while onstar is about communication and information.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #52
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Do GM even have a version like the Chrysler MyGIG and Fords Sync, if not they need to step up.
Sure they do. It's currently only found in the CTS, afaik. But sure to find its way into other vehicles soon. However....I don't think it has a catchy name like "MyGig".................
Old 07-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #53
nitrokid

Drives: 69 Camaro RS/Z28
I'm hoping that Satelite radio is an option,cause i don't want it,along with On star,don't want that either,but the 6 disc changer i do want.:party0038:
nitrokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #54
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrokid View Post
I'm hoping that Satelite radio is an option,cause i don't want it,along with On star,don't want that either,but the 6 disc changer i do want.:party0038:
XM and OnStar are standard (and in OnStar's case, an excellent thing to keep) on all GM vehicles.

But why would you want a 6 disc CD when you can plug in an MP3 Player or USB Drive with hundreds or thousands of songs instead?

You could even use an External Hard drive that would hold even more songs than most MP3 players. Just get a convertor to make the Cigarette Lighter into an AC outlet. I'd only do that if I was driving the car with no passengers in the back, of course. That way I can run the wiring under the seats and sit it on the floor in the back.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote