Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #1
chevygirl2002

Drives: Silver 2002 SS Camaro
Send a message via MSN to chevygirl2002
Question Just Wondering....

Just a quick question for 5th gen owners.....

A lot of my friends have earlier model camaros and they will try to wave or act friendly towards people driving 5th gen camaros, but they don't ever get a wave back or even an acknowledgment. They have said that 5th gen owners look down on 4th gen and older cars.

But I wave and honk at every new camaro that I see and 8/10 I get a wave back or they'll flash their lights to acknowledge me. Hell I even get guys in vettes that will wave back or talk to me about the car.

Just wondering if that is true. Are cars (like mine) really looked down upon by newer camaros and their owners?

-Amanda-

chevygirl2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
Nope and my O2 is still in the garage ,,, real bow-tie folks wave ..usual subtle and smooth
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
dannkimmel

Drives: 1lt,rjt,m6 &2004 harley
no one around here waves or anything no matter what .
i wave get nothing back.
but im not sure i could see unless they wer waveing with the window down arm out side.
thats new york.kids.....
dannkimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #4
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
I've experienced just the opposite for the most part. Most of the 4th Gen owners around my area act like they're envious and jealous. They act like kids. Constantly wanting to race and making smart ass comments about the weight of the car, visibility, etc. The few I've actually got to ask about they're experience with the 5th Gen they reply with "that's just what I've read and that's why I like the 4th Gen better. Don't get me wrong, not all of them are like this, but the cool owners are few and far between from what I've seen so far. I always try to wave if someone nods or waves. I have noticed some 5th Gen owners don't like seeing another 5 Gen around. It's almost like some people get mad that they aren't the only ones on the block with the 5th Gen.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
We try but when we stick our arm out the window it knocks our shoulders out of socket because the window sill is so high. JK
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
I've experienced just the opposite for the most part. Most of the 4th Gen owners around my area act like they're envious and jealous. They act like kids. Constantly wanting to race and making smart ass comments about the weight of the car, visibility, etc. The few I've actually got to ask about they're experience with the 5th Gen they reply with "that's just what I've read and that's why I like the 4th Gen better. Don't get me wrong, not all of them are like this, but the cool owners are few and far between from what I've seen so far. I always try to wave if someone nods or waves. I have noticed some 5th Gen owners don't like seeing another 5 Gen around. It's almost like some people get mad that they aren't the only ones on the block with the 5th Gen.

+1

Same here...I wave and wave like a crazy person at ANY Camaro I see, and most Camaro owners DO NOT wave back, however the Corvette guys usually do, as well as other car owners....
I even had a guy in a Mercedes next to me at a light a few months ago tell me how much he loved my car, especially the color...he even said he wished he had one...I did a thread about it on here when it happened, I thought it was so cool...
Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
chevygirl2002

Drives: Silver 2002 SS Camaro
Send a message via MSN to chevygirl2002
Good to know that their are lots of friendly 5th gen owners around. Maybe some people that drive those cars, just don't realize exactly what they have.

Yes the cars are a bit bigger than a 4th gen, but visibility is not that bad....same as any other f-body. I like that they are big cars.... big cars are safe cars (in my opinion - my 88 GTA saved my life when I got hit only because she was a big heavy car)

I fell in love with the black ss that I got to test drive. God I wanted that car SO bad, but have my heart set out for a yellow one.

-Amanda-

chevygirl2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
In all honesty, it may depend on such things as a geographic region such as in NY nobody is going to do that, it's just how it is.
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
Buelligun

Drives: 2SSRS manual yellow black stripes
My problem is, I don't recognise the older Camaros til it's too late!!
But I do nod and smile at any performance muscle that I see if the driver is looking in my direction
Buelligun is offline   Reply With Quote