Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #1
Aries

Drives: GTS VIPER, GS400,
Angry This is ridiculous!!!!

Here it is, nearly the end of February, and GM is only 6 months away from supposed production start and they still can't tell us what the f*#king motors or price is going to be for the Camaro. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! WTF GM!!! As you can tell I'm getting a little aggrivated now. They know what the motors are going to be and they know what the price is gonna be by now, TELL US ALREADY!!!!
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Its a marketing strategy they're trying to draw you in and keep your attention on the camaro keep you watching to see what happens.
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
Aries

Drives: GTS VIPER, GS400,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
Its a marketing strategy they're trying to draw you in and keep your attention on the camaro keep you watching to see what happens.
They're pissing me off is what they're doing! lol

As some of you may or may not know I'm a salesmanager at a Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha dealership. I went to the Honda Dealer Show in Sept of 2007. They unveil a new CBR1000RR due to be in our showrooms in March. Very nice bike. So I go upto one of the Honda brass and ask how much it weighs and the horsepower. He looks at me and says "we don't know". "You don't know?", I ask. Isn't that the ****ing bike right there? That's not a mirage is it? How the hell do you not know how much it weighs or the HP? He says, "well we're waiting to see what the competion has before we say. Even more puzzled, I ask "are you planning on redesigning it before it hit our floors in 5 months"? The guy says no, not enough time. So I say, "then what difference does it make you can't change anything, the weight is what it is and the HP is what it is, might as well let us know". BTW- I really hate Honda. What an arrogant, pain in the ass company to work with. There dealer support is horrible.
Aries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
The lower Challenger models and the new Mustang can still be adjusted (yes, last minute changes can and do happen) so the longer GM waits, the more they know and the less the competition knows. And pricing isn't decided until the very last minute. We know it will be priced competitively with the Mustang. Maybe a tad higher, but same ballpark. We know it will have competitive power, trim level for trim level, with the other pony cars. Many people (myself included) believe we'll see the Gen V engines in the Camaro, and those are just now being introduced. Will releasing the engine and specs early swing any prospective buyers one way or another? Not many. So why tip their hand early? It serves GM no benefit.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:20 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
^Yep. I don't understand the Honda guys...if it can't be changed, what's the point. But, we can see that the prices and engines/weight could be changed if need be. With that being the case, best to keep quiet. Don'tcha worry...we'll find out soon.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:27 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post
Here it is, nearly the end of February, and GM is only 6 months away from supposed production start and they still can't tell us what the f*#king motors or price is going to be for the Camaro. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! WTF GM!!! As you can tell I'm getting a little aggrivated now. They know what the motors are going to be and they know what the price is gonna be by now, TELL US ALREADY!!!!
We've all felt that at one point or another. the progression of emotion will be something along the lines of

after the concept has been seen
after hearing how long it will be
at not knowing what the engines and weight will be
at still not knowing what the engines and weight will be
after hearing what they will be
once we put our name on the dotted line
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
djthecop

Drives: Toyota
lol Aries I like you.
djthecop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #8
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
Well put DG
Old 02-21-2008, 03:12 AM   #9
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:

As some of you may or may not know I'm a salesmanager at a Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha dealership. I went to the Honda Dealer Show in Sept of 2007. They unveil a new CBR1000RR due to be in our showrooms in March. Very nice bike. So I go upto one of the Honda brass and ask how much it weighs and the horsepower. He looks at me and says "we don't know". "You don't know?", I ask. Isn't that the ****ing bike right there? That's not a mirage is it? How the hell do you not know how much it weighs or the HP? He says, "well we're waiting to see what the competion has before we say. Even more puzzled, I ask "are you planning on redesigning it before it hit our floors in 5 months"? The guy says no, not enough time. So I say, "then what difference does it make you can't change anything, the weight is what it is and the HP is what it is, might as well let us know". BTW- I really hate Honda. What an arrogant, pain in the ass company to work with. There dealer support is horrible.
now that is funny-> i haven't laughed that hard in awhile.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #10
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
Agreed, and I know I've been joking about being a 5th Gen Camaro Crack Head.

But, I'm starting to realize when they do release the engines specs and prices most people will make and immediate decision as to whether they will buy or not. There's no going back after that point. They will either loose consumers or gain them. That's got to be a little scary for GM. And Yes I agree that they need to keep the competition in the dark as long as possible. However, my guess the competition knows more about what GM is doing behind the scenes than we do. The intelligence gathering capabilities of major corporations rivals our own government's.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #11
Georgianne

Drives: chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries View Post

Chevy is hiring in the metro DC area. Check the web site.
Georgianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 AM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I feel your pain, Aries...I think we all do. But I do believe that we're more near 8 months until production is supposed to start - right? Feb. - October = ~8 months?

Just hang in there...think of this as the calm before the storm - ha, because it's gonna be one Helluva Storm!!!

Very nicely put, btw, DGthe3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
after hearing how long it will be
at not knowing what the engines and weight will be
We've just got to treck through this rough part...and KEEP THE FAITH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I really think that we are at this point though, so I don't think we'll have to wait much longer...not much longer at all.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
..... Just hang in there...think of this as the calm before the storm - ha, because it's gonna be one Helluva Storm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.......The future has gone past "looking bright" -- it's a fireball!..........

Heh Heeeeeh

I can't wait!!!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #14
camarocrazy28

Drives: 2013 SS
I love surprises! Don' t worry. Camaro engines will make more power than the SRT-8 Challenger and Mustang GT and still be priced between them.
camarocrazy28 is offline   Reply With Quote