Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #29
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Bumblebee looks pretty lame. Too much going on at one time. And that ricer rear wing!
I agree. they should have left well enough alone and left the rear wing off. they should have also kept the original placement of the black stripes.

I love my original Transformers packaged Camaro originally offered by GM. it's not a regular yellow Camaro with Autobot emblems stuck on him.

my car isn't a Transformers wanna-be. it's the original package straight from GM. that means a lot to me.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:02 PM   #30
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
Just got back from the ny auto show and the women told me they are only making 5000 zl1 and the one that was at the ny show and the chicago show were not victory red! She said it was a tinted red. Plus she said for the interior you will be able to pick your stitching color and she hinted to me that the zl1 will be gm s fastest production car ever!!!
I hope she was cute at least because nothing she said was factual.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:09 PM   #31
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Just got back from the ny auto show and the women told me they are only making 5000 zl1 and the one that was at the ny show and the chicago show were not victory red! She said it was a tinted red. Plus she said for the interior you will be able to pick your stitching color and she hinted to me that the zl1 will be gm s fastest production car ever!!!

Was this the spokeswoman?

Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #32
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck204 View Post
It would be very expensive if you get it custom done on top of the car's original paint, but if it's offer from the factory it wouldn't be as expensive. From what I heard the paint itself will cost around $2K or so being a premium pearl color...but if you get it custom done it will cost $8-10K. Definitely worth an extra $3K or so.It's not the cost of the paint (though it is expensive), as much as the problem is with the process...It's not factory-friendly...

For the brake vent, heck I don't care if it works or not it looks freaking awesome! Even if they are not functional they add a very nice touch to the car! Agreed. But everything on the ZL1 was done to function. The cost associated with stamping those holes probably didn't make sense when they considered they'd be all but useless...

I already want the T3 Bumblebee bad enough, and looking at these pics make me want it even more! Come on GM or some aftermarket company, make that kit!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I hope she was cute at least because nothing she said was factual.
Sounds like this particular spokeswoman needs a trip in a Suburban....
Old 04-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #33
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post

I talked to her...I blushed alot!!!
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:22 PM   #34
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I can say with conviction the Chevy floor models/reps for the ZL1 were very professional and did an outstanding job. They represented the product with great personality and were equally as stunning in appearance as the ZL1 itself.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #35
ck204

Drives: X5, FR-S
Quote:
Ah, I didn't know too much about the process required for these kind of candy/pearl color, I just heard the paint are very expensive like $60 per quart.....

I guess you are right about the ZL1 being totally functional and it wouldn't be worth it for GM to add those vents.

I'd personally take a T3 Bumblebee 2SS (if the body styling package excluding special paint doesn't cost more than $7K on top of loaded 2SS) over a ZL1...I love the T3 styling and have no use for ZL1's monster power, but that's just me
ck204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #36
ck204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post

she's hot
Old 04-24-2011, 07:43 PM   #37
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
That's because it's a VERY expensive paint job....looks absolutely gorgeous, though!
Do you know how they made the stripes look like carbon fiber? That was really trick..., just about all the black parts had the carbon fiber finish to them.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #38
ck204

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Do you know how they made the stripes look like carbon fiber? That was really trick..., just about all the black parts had the carbon fiber finish to them.
I watched a Youtube video a long time ago about making somehting look like Carbon Fiber. You basically spray the part with Black paint first then use some kind of filter sheets and spray silver over black, which gives you a carbon fiber look.

Or you can do partial hydro carbon/carbon lamination
Old 04-24-2011, 09:54 PM   #39
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
Yeah that was her
Old 04-24-2011, 10:03 PM   #40
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Wow as we can for sure see they are giving it the ZL1 look. I will say everything looks "OK" that wing has got to go.

Amazing Gm introduced this car as a Sexy automobile and now T3 has given it a Riced out image.

SAD
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I can say with conviction the Chevy floor models/reps for the ZL1 were very professional and did an outstanding job. They represented the product with great personality and were equally as stunning in appearance as the ZL1 itself.
Oh, no doubt. I wasn't questioning that at all! Reading back, I can see how that may have been misconstrued....All the car show spokespeople I've encountered for Chevy are wonderful!

No, it was just a little joke after several "she said it would cost $2.00 and fly" comments.

Quote:
I'd personally take a T3 Bumblebee 2SS (if the body styling package excluding special paint doesn't cost more than $7K on top of loaded 2SS) over a ZL1...I love the T3 styling and have no use for ZL1's monster power, but that's just me
Cool!! It does look slick, doesn't it?

Quote:
Very good explanation below:

Quote:
I watched a Youtube video a long time ago about making somehting look like Carbon Fiber. You basically spray the part with Black paint first then use some kind of filter sheets and spray silver over black, which gives you a carbon fiber look.

Or you can do partial hydro carbon/carbon lamination
hydrocarbon is (very basically) like one of those temporary "tatoos" you soak in water and then stick to your arm. It's not real Carbon Fiber - but it looks real close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Amazing Gm introduced this car as a Sexy automobile and now T3 has given it a Riced out image.

SAD
I don't know I'd agree that it's "ricey"...A little eccentric, maybe? A lot of people have an issue with the rear wing, but I think it could definitely be worse...and on a car like the Camaro -- it actually could serve a purpose, so that excludes it from the 'ricer' category.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #42
ck204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
Wow as we can for sure see they are giving it the ZL1 look. I will say everything looks "OK" that wing has got to go.

SAD
The only thing that may considered ricey on the T3 Bee is the rear wing.
Even if it is a rice, it's a pretty badass rice. Much much better then those Civics u see lol

Quote:
Cool!! It does look slick, doesn't it?
Slickest Camaro, my opinion of course