Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-27-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
Beer Thirty
5:30 somewhere

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
New TV

Buying a new tv, biggest nightmare. Been to Best Buy 3 times. So many choices, absolutely insane. Thinking about the 60" Samsung model 7150. Didn't know if there where any tv gurus on here with suggestions.
Beer Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Well the last 2 we have bought were Sharp Aquos Quatrons. First we bought a 60" then got a 70" 3d ultra HD model. Not sure of the model numbers. Anytime anyone comes to the house this is said by someone:"that is the best TV picture I have ever seen". I had a 65" Sony prior to the Sharp 60 and it had a very nice picture but these Aquos TVs are just so much better with their pictures. Not sure if that helps at all but it will give you something else to look at.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
13FastBlkSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I just bought a 60" Samsung #6350 (little brother to the one your looking at) last week and I love it so far. This is my second Samsung TV in my house, I have a 40" in my bedroom and both have an awesome picture.

2013 Black / Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Magnuson TVS2300, ZL1 Fuelpump / ADM FPCM, NPP Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI w/ Scoop, Elite Engineering Catch Can, VMAX Ported TB, OEM 1LE Front Splitter, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, Dropped on BMR Split Drop Springs
Build#24869
13FastBlkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Thirty View Post
Buying a new tv, biggest nightmare. Been to Best Buy 3 times. So many choices, absolutely insane. Thinking about the 60" Samsung model 7150. Didn't know if there where any tv gurus on here with suggestions.
That's a good TV. Might want to check Costco if you have one near you. I believe they carry that model and offer a MUCH better warranty than Best Buy. They double the manufactures 1 year and you can buy an extra 3 years for around 100 bucks. Best Buy will normally never come close to that. Plus you have a 90 no questions asked return policy, so if the price drops they will match it in those 90 days. The thing I would look for in and TV right now is 1080p 240Hz which that model has. I also believe that is 3d capable which will give you a higher contrast ratio. I really don't get into the 3d stuff because there is not enough media out there to support it, but I guess it's an added bonus to some.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntmad8tr View Post
Well the last 2 we have bought were Sharp Aquos Quatrons. First we bought a 60" then got a 70" 3d ultra HD model. Not sure of the model numbers. Anytime anyone comes to the house this is said by someone:"that is the best TV picture I have ever seen". I had a 65" Sony prior to the Sharp 60 and it had a very nice picture but these Aquos TVs are just so much better with their pictures. Not sure if that helps at all but it will give you something else to look at.
I also have the 70 inch Sharp and love it. Sometimes I wish I would have went with the 80 now. Its crazy... you buy these TV's and they seem more than big enough, but then... like a car you want more... instead of more HP... more inches.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #6
ntmad8tr
Music City Camaro Club

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
I also have the 70 inch Sharp and love it. Sometimes I wish I would have went with the 80 now. Its crazy... you buy these TV's and they seem more than big enough, but then... like a car you want more... instead of more HP... more inches.
Exactly. I had the same thought. After it was in place and on I said 'the 80" would fit even better there'.....of course the home financial committee just looked at me and shook her head.
EMC(SS) USN RET. 2014 2SS Spring Special Edition,1 of 293. Cold Air Inc. CAI,Apex Catch Can, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Kooks HF Cats, X-pipe, Kooks mufflers,Graphite, BMR Toe links, BMR rear trailing arms, MRR228s,RGB ORACLE Colorshift Halos, RGB LED Engine bay and Grille lighting, Diode Dynamics RGB Fog Lights. NightOwl LED control system. Painted engine cover by S.L. Customs. River Cities Creations painted strut brace. My Build Thread
ntmad8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I have the 80" Sharp Aquos. Best picture I have ever seen. Bought it at Costco.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #8
DDoug

Drives: '13 Inferno Orange ZL1 Convertible
I bought the 55" 7150 less than a month ago. Works good, could be larger, of course.

Nice, good picture, but I "tuned" it to settings I found online.

Price on 55" is the same as I paid, but 60" and 65" are more than they were just a couple weeks ago.

Next move, I'll probably watch prices, especially around the Super Bowl, see if I can get a great deal on something larger, put this one in the basement. This one is larger enough, really but, yeah, bigger is always better.

Also, I would say to budget for a decent sound bar, much better sound.
Old 12-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I went in early on 4K TV. Have a Sony 55" 4k that is really pretty nice. Not really that cheap...it's has a great picture for sports & movies though.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #10
Bulldog3071

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I buy LG and try not to spend more than $500 so that when it takes a crap after a few years I just throw it away. I have 4 LG TVs i. My house and all work great.
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace, JBA Shorty Headers, JBA 8 MM Wires, Airaid TB Spacer, Phastek CAI Scoop, Washer Bottle Relocation Kit, Stainlees Steel Brake Lines, Brake Performance Slotted and Drilled Rotors, BMR Tunnel Brace, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Subframe Connectors, Borla ATAK Muffelers, Z28 Wickerbill Spoiler, VTC, Bow Tie Delete, BMR Adjustable Front Swaybar, BMR End Link Kit, BMR Extreme Rear Anti-Roll Kit, Diablo I1000 "InTune"
Bulldog3071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:58 AM   #11
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
samsung's are good. Look at the reviews on Best Buy's website, amazon and search the model you are looking at online for reviews.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #12
Vick415

Drives: 2014 ZL1
240hz is the trick. You can notice the color contrast right away.
Vick415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #13
Beer Thirty
5:30 somewhere

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Thanks everyone for the great info. I am going to wait and watch when the price drops on the Samsung 7150 60". Right now they want 1499.99 for the tv. Really dont want to spend that much.
Beer Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 PM   #14
JP.

Drives: 2014 zl1 hennessey650
I have 1 50" pioneer Elite plasma.....I'm pretty sure Samsung bought out pioneer TVs and used their technology a few years ago....at least that's what I was told
We have a 65" Samsung plasma and a few 40" samsungs lcd that have been great screens
We even have a 1 of those 40" samsungs outside and it still works great after the 3rd year of brutal western Canada weather

Can't go wrong with Samsung screens
JP. is offline   Reply With Quote