Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
TankSS

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
MMOs (Specifically Warhammer Online)

Does anybody else on this forum enjoy MMOs? I'm personally really looking forward to playing Warhammer Online
Old 04-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #2
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
A bunch of guys I work with are looking forward to Warhammer. The games that my co-workers currently play are WOW, EVE, and a couple others. Me personally I play Star Wars Galaxies.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
Elkyboy64
AKA Bishop73

Drives: '70 Chevelle 454SS
Send a message via AIM to Elkyboy64
I play WoW atm. Never could get into Galaxies, and I really love the Star Wars universe. I am looking forward to playing Age of Conan and trying Warhammer.
Elkyboy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Started with Ultima Online, Now play Wow on Illidan.

Never got into SWG, not a big fan of WH40K, I might go to Darkfall if it ever comes out, but I play wow on a daily basis.

I'm probably the biggest gamer on the boards though =P
Old 04-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #5
MTron

Drives: 99 Grand Prix
Never got into MMO's but i am a WH40K fanatic, so i think ill give it a try
MTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I played WoW for a couple years, but was dragged into Vanguard: Saga of Heroes by RL friends. Vanguard was heralded as one of the biggest failures/let-downs in MMOG history (except the SWG-NGE thing of course) but in the last 9 months it has made leaps and bounds and is turning into a very unique game since Sigil sold it to SOE.

Still has it's ups and downs, and my class is undergoing major changes right now that I'm less than happy with...but I'm really enjoying it overall. More class diversity, world-beauty, and intersting combat than I ever imagined possible (coming from WoW).

Warhammer I'd like to check out, but not until it's well ironed out from release...screw the beta processes, I want a polished game (after dealing with VG so far!).
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:50 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

MerF come back to WoW. SoE is the company that "ruined" SWG from what I hear. My guild came from Galaxies (I came from UO).
Old 04-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #8
MerF
Go Rays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
MerF come back to WoW. SoE is the company that "ruined" SWG from what I hear. My guild came from Galaxies (I came from UO).
Oh trust me, I know. Smedley (SOE CEO) is quite certain he won't do it again, but there's not an active subscriber in VG that doesn't watch the actions of the developers like a hawk to make sure we're not heading down another NGE path.

I'm telling you, I enjoyed WoW for what it was when I hadn't experienced something better. But I can't begin to tell you what it's like to play with real classes and having to constantly making decisions, not to mention much more interactive environment. I'm not sure I can even stomache the graphics of WoW again, but if VG tanks, which is still a good possibility, I will be back.

-70 Horde Druid (resto) on Dragonblight (PvE)
Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 PM   #9
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Ive kicked my wow (and EQ) habit for well over a year now.. I basically got burnt out after BC..

Took a week of vacation when it came out and was 70 working on heroic keys/karazahn at the end of that week, the final burnout hit about a month later... havent missed it since, and dont plan on going back.

Bascially my 70 undead rogue with t3 / kara equip is rotting on blackhand.. My guild finally disolved too.. and we went WAY back, hell we raided wailing caverns with 35 people back before they put in raid limits for lower dungeons.. (heck most of us where in the beta too, both the original and bc)

And before all that our eq guild (TFS on nameless)was raiding PoTime and working on quarm when we all(well most) swapped over to wow.

ahh the good old days of raiding till 4-5am.. Im too old for that crap nowadays.

Oh and my claim to fame.... Ive raided with tigole bitties on the nameless.. He is a game designer that signed on with blizzard and helped develop wow. AND a guy that was in my guild runs monklybusiness..
Old 04-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
mmorpgs.....i have THE godlies ultima online account, i dont use it but its still there, i kinda wanna sell it =/ lol but thats the only one i played, tons of fun and they've added so much to it i just dont have time :( - atlantic 4tw!
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I'm sure you've heard of Cartel or Team Trammel then. I sold my account for 1200 bucks before ML came out. I sold it cheap because I wanted to sell it within 2 days. Had a char that could hit for 282 with one swing. At least that was my max. That was a stealther too btw so add death strike on top of that. =P

I had a mage that could hit for 85 with armor ignores (no resist) but was artifact'ed out (even inquisitors)...

My Parry mage was my main pk char though. I still have old screenshots of my uo days when EFL from Pac tried their world domination tour and got stopped ice cold on Baja because of us. El Cartel aka Team Trammel.

When they put in the quest system and added elves, I was meeting with Binky and Wilki and crew monthly giving them input. I just couldn't stand the changes because I had the ultimate char (bugged out slightly) and could take on 5 people at once and live while killing them. These people were skilled pvp'ers, not yewbies who house hide.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:52 AM   #12
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
I played Neocron when it first came out - stayed with that for a few years (I love that cyberpunk future) then went to Galaxies and LOVED it but then it got ruined and every bugger was a Jedi - and the last four years have been lost to WoW. I quit a year ago but recently rejoined and am enjoying the new content quite a bit.
Warhammer certainly looks impressive but I'm really interested in another sci-fi kinda MMO like Stargate Worlds or the now defunct Star Trek: Online.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:19 AM   #13
MerF
Go Rays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willisit View Post
Warhammer certainly looks impressive but I'm really interested in another sci-fi kinda MMO like Stargate Worlds or the now defunct Star Trek: Online.
Well, Warhammer 40k may be the mech-answer to that which is not even close to beta yet.

I actually called my local talk radio station when they had the editor of EGM on and asked what he knew of the Star Trek MMO, and he said without being official, it is done. Idiots misappropriated funds from financial backers to other projects, and that pissed off everyone. I saw some developmental screenshots and was pretty excited (my dad raised me a Star Trek junkie, what can I say). Oh well, maybe next time.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #14
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
I was in the Beta for UO, but lost interest by the time it released. Played EQ for 5 years (Druid, Cleric, Necromancer, Enchanter, Bard). Camped Ragefire for 36 hours straight (much of it single-handedly while 3-boxing) to help get my guild get our first click-stick. Played a little DAoC, CoH, AO, LotRO, EQ2, and SWG. Been playing WoW since Beta, Priest Class Lead and Raid Healing Lead for a guild currently raiding Tier6 on Hellscream US server, Horde Side. Not into the PvP in WoW at all... just in it for the raiding.

Warhammer definitely has my interest, but I doubt I'll give up WoW for it.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote