Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-11-2008, 07:28 PM   #85
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Best news on this site all week!
I love the HUD but $1000 is overkill. However, I heard that the HUD option on BMW's cost $1000.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 PM   #86
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Sierra View Post
Thats something I havent understood, if the SS is the top dog camaro why would the Z28 cost more? And supposedly be the badder machine if they come out with it in 2011

Also I hope a base SS will be low $30s

I had a dodge salesman try talking me into spending $42k on a 08 challenger SRT. SURE buddy let me give you the price of a new C6 vette and recieve an automatic at that
SS is top dog as of right this second. nothing has been confirmed about a Z28. If the Z does come in with what a lot of people want then it will be the top dog and the SS is just another model. but seeing how nothing has been confirmed then the SS is top dog for now.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:25 PM   #87
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactus_man View Post
I hope the base SS with an LS3 and a 6-speed manual with leather and nothing else comes in around $29,999 and tops out around $39. I hope the L99 SS starts around $33,000 and tops just over $40k.
You do know that to get leather seats you have to buy the topline 2SS option package, don't you?

And here is a quote from this month's Car and Driver magazine: chief engineer Al Oppenheiser admits that Camaro pricing will “be more expensive than Mustang.”
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #88
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
You do know that to get leather seats you have to buy the topline 2SS option package, don't you?

And here is a quote from this month's Car and Driver magazine: chief engineer Al Oppenheiser admits that Camaro pricing will “be more expensive than Mustang.”
who's to say you can't option out the leather with out getting the 2SS?

and CND is just a mag that has gotten things wrong. yes they are quoting oppenheiser but things could change by the time pricing is announced.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:48 PM   #89
littlecammi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Who's to say you can't option out the leather without getting the 2SS?

Yes, Car and Driver quoted Oppenheiser, but things could change by the time pricing is announced.
The way they revealed the options, leather was part of the 2LT and 2SS packages only. Where are you getting that it can be ordered by itself?

If pricing is going to be low/favorable, it would be advantageous to announce it now, so people (not die-hard Camaro enthuisiasts, but the masses they need to make the Camaro a success) would say "that sounds good - I'm going to wait for it to come out early next year!"

If pricing is going to be higher/unfavorable, it is more advantageous to delay announcing it, so people aren't turned off and driven to competitors. The longer they wait to release actual Camaro pricing, the worse it must be compared to Mustang.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #90
Lifted07Sierra

Drives: 2007 gmc sierra
Quote:
The way they revealed the options, leather was part of the 2LT and 2SS packages only. Where are you getting that it can be ordered by itself?

If pricing is going to be low/favorable, it would be advantageous to announce it now, so people (not die-hard Camaro enthuisiasts, but the masses they need to make the Camaro a success) would say "that sounds good - I'm going to wait for it to come out early next year!"

If pricing is going to be higher/unfavorable, it is more advantageous to delay announcing it, so people aren't turned off and driven to competitors. The longer they wait to release actual Camaro pricing, the worse it must be compared to Mustang.
GOOD POINT

Thats not what I wanted to hear though
Lifted07Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:25 AM   #91
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
All the packaging and ordering options are quite convoluted...car rags say one thing, the site says another, etc...I don't think it's fair to set those things in stone just yet.

Quote:

I think you're looking way to hard into this...the reason they don't release pricing is because they don't know what it is. Not because they're playing some game with consumers. Pricing is finalized just a couple of months before SORP (Start Of Regular Production). So they (and we) won't know until then...December/January

When Al said "it will be higher than a Mustang", he could mean $10,000, or he could mean $1. It's not fair to assume either outcome from his statement. He -more likely than not- said that to set the record straight with the few people expecting the price to be LESS than the Mustang...That would have been a PR nightmare.

We have had it from Scott time and again in the past month that pricing will be competitive with the Mustang. Will it be higher? Probably by a few hundred to a thousand, yeah!

Bottom line: There's nothing to announce, and there's no games being played. Camaro will be affordable AND be priced competitively with the Mustang.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #92
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Also....releasing pricing too early would only piss you off when they had to raise it just before production started due to price increases from suppliers during the last quarter of the year.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #93
GCguy2169

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
just built a mustang online...and im impressed..getting the GT premium with modest options was about $31k. Payments with $15k down, were about $350ish. Not to bad!! hope this will be VERY close to camaro, within pennies!
-BTR Stage 4 Cam, ID850 Injectors, E-85 Tuned, Corsa Xtreme Exhaust , Kooks 1 7/8 Headers, Melling Performance Oil Pump, ATI Super Damper, BMR Suspension: Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, 1” Lowering Springs, Differential Bushings, Rx Ported and Polished Throttle Body, VIS Racing Carbon Fiber Hood, Custom Painted - Body Kit, Entire Vehicle, ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill, MRR 20” Wheels, Powerstop Brakes, Koni SRT.T Shocks and Struts
GCguy2169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #94
littlecammi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCguy2169 View Post
Just built a mustang online and I'm impressed. Getting the GT premium with modest options was about $31K. With $15K down payments were about $350ish. Not too bad!! Hope this will be VERY close to camaro, within pennies!
That is not a valid comparison! I did the same thing and immediately thought that the end total was lower than I expected it to be, then noticed that the only total they showed at the end was after all current discounts and rebates were already applied on the S197 Mustang (in its fifth year of production, and last year before its 2010 restyle - due out next summer). I started using the "back" button on my computer to add the figures myself and - lo and behold - the actual total showed up, which was around $4K higher than the discounted total on the final page.

The Camaro will not have any rebates initially to offset pricing like the Mustang currently has. I think Ford set their website up to automatically factor in the rebates like that in order to look favorable to the Camaro if potential customers use the site to build a vehicle for comparison.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #95
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
It will be between the Challenger and Mustang, it has to be. 300hp and live rear axle vs 422hp and IRS, I'm thinking the Camaro will cost a bit more.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote