Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-17-2016, 10:44 AM   #15
cooley376

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall
Hood vents, misfire, rear end, hvac seal. 3 times in for these so far. It does vary state by state. In TN I believe it is 3 times or so many hours. I'm not at the point of seeking the lemon law yet but will be soon. The dealer keeps arguing the issues even though I have previous documentation of them confirming the issues.
cooley376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #16
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooley376 View Post
Hood vents, misfire, rear end, hvac seal. 3 times in for these so far. It does vary state by state. In TN I believe it is 3 times or so many hours. I'm not at the point of seeking the lemon law yet but will be soon. The dealer keeps arguing the issues even though I have previous documentation of them confirming the issues.
I don't know about your state, but I assume the misfire and rear end problems would be the most applicable issues. I think the lemon law can be used (at least in NJ) when the defect substantially impairs the use, value or safety of your vehicle, or be a “serious safety defect” which is likely to cause death or serious bodily injury if the vehicle is driven.

For Tennesse: https://www.tn.gov/commerce/article/consumer-lemon-law

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:48 PM   #17
Pencer88

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
how far back are the seats supposed to lean back with the power seats? just curious if perhaps we are having the same issue or if my issue is just normal
Pencer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:51 PM   #18
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencer88 View Post
how far back are the seats supposed to lean back with the power seats? just curious if perhaps we are having the same issue or if my issue is just normal
Not far enough imo.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #19
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencer88 View Post
I have heard a lot of people on here who think that the seats should recline more. I don't know how far yours go, but it sounds like it is normal.

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:28 PM   #20
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Me personally having back problems, i could use a little more recline but i am comfortable as is.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:10 PM   #21
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
I wish the seat front would tilt down more without having to raise up to do it. It presses on the back of my legs a bit, and if I raise it up enough to tilt it down, I'm almost brushing the top.

Minor complaint... love my car.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:12 PM   #22
ocautomotive

Drives: 2017 ZL1 and 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
I love this car but am getting real tired of all the issues. So far I have 2 badly warped hood vents, a bad hvac seal that's causing a loud fluttering, a broken power passenger seat back, gauged plastic in the rear passenger area, heated seats that won't turn on with remote start, engine misfires, messed up rear end, loose fasteners under hood and missing rubber grommet that holds air cleaner in place. I really don't want to but am strongly considering taking the lemon law path. Monday will be about the 8th time at the dealership.
I bave a fluttering noise when I accelerate, can you elaborate on yours
ocautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #23
cooley376

My power seat just doesn't work. Motor makes noise but no movement. My fluttering is a bad seal in the hvac system. Already diagnosed but not fixed.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:00 PM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/r6AQFN Posted by cooley376[/url] I love this car but am getting real tired of all the issues. So far I have 2 badly warped hood vents, a bad hvac seal that's causing a loud fluttering, a broken power passenger seat back, gauged plastic in the rear passenger area, heated seats that won't turn on with remote start, engine misfires, messed up rear end, loose fasteners under hood and missing rubber grommet that holds air cleaner in place. I really don't want to but am strongly considering taking the lemon law path. Monday will be about the 8th time at the dealership.
Hello cooley376,

Sincerest apologies for the concerns you've encountered with your Camaro and I can certainly understand how frustrating this may be. We definitely want your ownership experience to be a positive one, and would be more than willing to reach out to your dealership and provide support on our end. Please send us a private message containing your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and servicing dealership if you would like our assistance.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-17-2016, 09:20 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/TpBbuu Posted by Pencer88[/url] how far back are the seats supposed to lean back with the power seats? just curious if perhaps we are having the same issue or if my issue is just normal
Hi Pencer88,

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing this seat concern with your Camaro. Have you brought this to the attention of your local certified GM dealership? If you would like, we would be more than willing to contact them on your behalf to facilitate a service visit. Please feel free to send us a private message along with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership if this is of interest.

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-18-2016, 10:05 AM   #26
cooley376

Thank you for reaching out Julie. I'm at the dealership again. We will see how it goes. I loved this car from the moment I got it. Then once I had my first issues I thought to myself no big deal. Then the dealership blew off the issues and continue to do so on top of more and more and more issues. I'm actually hating this car now and regret purchasing it. I can't even count all the GM vehicles I've had with little to no issues. At this point I'll be seeking to get rid of this car and get something different unless someone somehow can regain my confidence and trust in this car, which at this point looks dim. I've had around 30 camaros and am a camaro nut, but I will never buy another one now. My wife has a new Acadia and we couldn't be happier. I won't leave GM but I'm honestly looking forward to hopefully putting this one behind me and getting a good GM vehicle.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #27
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Thank you for reaching out Julie. I'm at the dealership again. We will see how it goes. I loved this car from the moment I got it. Then once I had my first issues I thought to myself no big deal. Then the dealership blew off the issues and continue to do so on top of more and more and more issues. I'm actually hating this car now and regret purchasing it. I can't even count all the GM vehicles I've had with little to no issues. At this point I'll be seeking to get rid of this car and get something different unless someone somehow can regain my confidence and trust in this car, which at this point looks dim. I've had around 30 camaros and am a camaro nut, but I will never buy another one now. My wife has a new Acadia and we couldn't be happier. I won't leave GM but I'm honestly looking forward to hopefully putting this one behind me and getting a good GM vehicle.
Good luck, cooley376 hope you find better roads to drive down, like you i love all F- body's but to date not that much with this one, reminds me of the bad old days of the late 70's.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #28
cooley376

I just went back to take a pic of the car and they said they didn't know why those fasteners were not fully seated so the seated them down all the way. Right after that I read online from gm that those fasteners are to not be touched and they are preset that way from the factory for hood and facia alignment. They just screwed it all up because they are idiots. I want this damn car gone!!!!!!!