Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 02-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #743
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
This "soon" isn't another onion ring thing is it?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #744
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
That still counts as you saying soon, even if you're just quoting someone
It had to be GTAHVIT messing around with my account. I would never do anything like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
This "soon" isn't another onion ring thing is it?

How did that get in here? Why isn't my delete button working
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #745
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Let's recap for a moment...shall we? I think this whole "soon" business deserves an uplifting message!!

As of right now, the pre-registration thread lists 457 Drivers and 792 Spectators planning to attend the Fest. Now....I'm not one to count my Mustang's before they break...but that doesn't include our awesome vendors, and history shows us that typically actual attendance (including cars) is much higher.

AANNNNDDD....this is already nearly double our final registration numbers for Fest I & II!!!!

In all, that means there will be a very real chance to top 2000 people, and possibly even 800-1000 cars!

We're making arrangements with an awesome track, the Lucas Oil Raceway - and we're as close to the middle of the country as we could come. That means more of YOU, our kicka$$ members, can get there with less travel than the past two years!

I keep comparing to the past two years because they really are our benchmark. Fest I & II went off wonderfully, and I can't think of a single memory in my life where I was more excited and happy! With that in mind -- this year is going to be BIGGER, and BETTER!

Everything will be enhanced, and we even have a few new "surprises" in store.....
Old 02-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #746
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Let's recap for a moment...shall we? I think this whole "soon" business deserves an uplifting message!!

As of right now, the pre-registration thread lists 457 Drivers and 792 Spectators planning to attend the Fest. Now....I'm not one to count my Mustang's before they break...but that doesn't include our awesome vendors, and history shows us that typically actual attendance (including cars) is much higher.

AANNNNDDD....this is already nearly double our final registration numbers for Fest I & II!!!!

In all, that means there will be a very real chance to top 2000 people, and possibly even 800-1000 cars!

We're making arrangements with an awesome track, the Lucas Oil Raceway - and we're as close to the middle of the country as we could come. That means more of YOU, our kicka$$ members, can get there with less travel than the past two years!

I keep comparing to the past two years because they really are our benchmark. Fest I & II went off wonderfully, and I can't think of a single memory in my life where I was more excited and happy! With that in mind -- this year is going to be BIGGER, and BETTER!

Everything will be enhanced, and we even have a few new "surprises" in store.....
well put sir...

just make sure you save me a host hotel room.... oh... and a cold beer and we will be good to go.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #747
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
well put sir...

just make sure you save me a host hotel room.... oh... and a cold beer and we will be good to go.

Absolutely!!

We have the disadvantage this year of a longer wait than before....But it'll DEFINITELY pay off in the end!!
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #748
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
the wait doesnt bother me a bit.... more time to perfect everything...
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #749
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
when will the host hotel be announced?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #750
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
s00nish
Old 02-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #751
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Isn't there a road course at Indy? I was thinking of orange cones when we talk autocross, but in one of the videos, it looks like there is some sort of high speed road course to run? Anyone know what's planned other than cones?

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #752
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
soon*

*Disclaimer:

please note that by saying 'soon' no member of the Camaro5 Fest Event Staff is committing to any particular time frame. By 'soon' we simply mean that we think there could be a chance that we might be able to possibly relay such information within the next 30 seconds to 30 weeks
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #753
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Well this is sort of SOON, isn't I have been involved in one small piece of the planning for C5FEST III. You can't imagine how much work is involved because they keep moving the location. There are no relationships with the track people, the hotel people even the police for the cruise Did I just leak something Every thing takes longer than we want because we are doing it for the first time, for the third year. How appropriate

What I can say is C5FEST III will be the best FEST to date. INDY and fast cars are second only to Detroit and Muscle Cars. We'll have more C5 members in attendance than the other years combined if we continue at this registration pace. The people are the real reason the FEST is so great. That is what I really enjoy about the event. Most car gathering are cars and racing with a bit of social activity. C5FEST is a social event with some car stuff. I'll continue to rag on the Mod Squad about releasing details SOON only because I think they deserve it I may even put out a call to arms to the Rebel Leader and #2.99... SOON

While we are waiting on the Mod Squad to release more details as SOON as possible, use the time to pick another Grudge Match, tweak your 5th Gen, plan your caravan and sign up another Camaro5 member. While we are all dialed in on the event there are many C5 members that don't have a clue what C5FEST is. We could really use your help in all areas of the forum to let everyone know how great C5FEST is and why they should come. Tell them they should register as SOON as possible. Even if we don't have a host hotel, but we'll have one SOON

I look forward to seeing all of you SOON
Old 02-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #754
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Isn't there a road course at Indy? I was thinking of orange cones when we talk autocross, but in one of the videos, it looks like there is some sort of high speed road course to run? Anyone know what's planned other than cones?
There is no road course this year. There IS and autocross. The video starts with Paul Tracy running the autocross at the OPTIMA Challenge and then shows him coming into some high speed Ss on the road course. C5FEST will be orange cones vs Camaros
Old 02-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #755
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Yes there is a road course at Indy, but we aren't going to Indy Motor Speedway for Camaro5 Fest. C5F III is being held a few miles down the road at Lucas Oil Raceway. LOR also has a road course, but we aren't going to be using it for the 'Fest. It uses the drag strip as part of the track, so the two can't be used at the same time
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #756
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Yes there is a road course at Indy, but we aren't going to Indy Motor Speedway for Camaro5 Fest. C5F III is being held a few miles down the road at Lucas Oil Raceway. LOR also has a road course, but we aren't going to be using it for the 'Fest. It uses the drag strip as part of the track, so the two can't be used at the same time
A number of years ago I used to road race at Lucas Oil Raceway, at that time it was call Indianapolis Raceway Park or IRP. You are correct they used the drag strip as part of the road coarse. I believe it is the same way now.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote