Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Andy will pm you back! he is always great help! I just cant believe andy would turn down this build.. i know he does not like messing with something he has not installed previous.. He like to start from stock up from what i have gathered from him!
Good luck with everything Bull.
Motor still on schedule with Erik?
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Imagine this.....the guy wont talk to you during the build....how's it going to be after if something goes wrong?

He (Taylor) does talk. During my Alky install and pulley change with his new tune i couldnt get him to shut up. He took me all around his shop showing me all the Lambo brackets for TT he was fabbing up and mass producing. Its just hard to get a hold of him since i am still a month out for the motor being built. he answers my emails when my research comes up with questions. Like this LPE compatibility with the Aeromotive. I wont bother asking him about this since he has no experience with the big eliminator pump. He likes triple pump setups.

Its just that its obvious the guy is busy and is working other things. When i talk to Erik about my motor, i cant get him to stop talking. After an hour on the phone with Erik at HKE my head is spinning with info. Thats on the other extreme.

I spend some time on corvetteforum.com and Dallas Performance is very highly regarded over there. I know that when my motor is sitting in his shop and i haul my car down there he will answer every question i have. I am just the type that spends too much time poking around in install instructions and google and this forum etc and come up with tons of questions in my research. I tend to like to get things ironed out well ahead before it actually comes time for the work. Thats just part of my life for the last 24 years i guess. An email every other week with a question is not going overboard. But all the big shops can attest to the fact that they probably get hundreds of emails a day....i can understand.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
DP is awesome. I would just do whatever Taylor says and stop doing all the research on your own. He won't steer you wrong.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipped416 View Post
Andy will pm you back! he is always great help! I just cant believe andy would turn down this build.. i know he does not like messing with something he has not installed previous.. He like to start from stock up from what i have gathered from him!
Good luck with everything Bull.
Motor still on schedule with Erik?

Blake this is another thing i have figured out about ADM. If you have previously started upgrades he doesnt like to touch it....if he doesnt do the whole 60grand worth of the build he doesnt want to deal with it.

I spoke with Callies yesterday and they said the HKE has one stroker crank done with heat treat and is going to be balanced now. According to Erik, this is my crank. So callies said the balance process take a week or a little longer. Thats all hes waiting on. He says after that, it goes together fairly quickly.

I am starting to believe Huffer....checks in the mail etc. If the motor is done in a month i will be amazed. We'll see.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
Old 05-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #19
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
DP is awesome. I would just do whatever Taylor says and stop doing all the research on your own. He won't steer you wrong.
Yea, i know Nick. I have been following your build over on corvetteforum. I am not the type to sit idly by. I need to know what is going on, i am trying to learn. This is what sucks about having so much time waiting on the motor to be done....nothing else to do but peruse installation manuals etc.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #20
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Blake this is another thing i have figured out about ADM. If you have previously started upgrades he doesnt like to touch it....if he doesnt do the whole 60grand worth of the build he doesnt want to deal with it.

I spoke with Callies yesterday and they said the HKE has one stroker crank done with heat treat and is going to be balanced now. According to Erik, this is my crank. So callies said the balance process take a week or a little longer. Thats all hes waiting on. He says after that, it goes together fairly quickly.

I am starting to believe Huffer....checks in the mail etc. If the motor is done in a month i will be amazed. We'll see.
Lol...you said your crank was a week away about 3 weeks ago if I recall correctly.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Lol...you said your crank was a week away about 3 weeks ago if I recall correctly.
I know, i am starting to believe all the nay sayers here. I dont have a good feeling about this. I called Callies 3 weeks ago and at that time they saw my name on a crank ordered by HKE. It was being ground then.

I called about 10 days after that, so that was about a week ago and now they had no record of my crank and said HKE canceled the order. I called erik and he informed me he found 2 dragon slayers from a company in houston going out of business.

Problem was that they were 2.00 journal and not 2.1". My ultra I beam callies rods only work with 2.1 journals. He said he would call back Callies and tell them to un-cancel the order. This conversation was about a week ago.

So, me being such a trusting soul, i called callies yesterday and they said they did see the order being reinstated and the crank was done with heat treat (takes 2 weeks) and was going to balancing. So basically, the timing was never thrown off since the crank was not sold off.

For some reason, i have a lot of skepticism about this whole ordeal.

Whatever, my retirement account gets a reprieve in the down time. Maybe it will be long enough to save up the funds for the F1X right off the bat!!! Silver lining and all

Hell, i didnt think my fuel system was going to be north of 3 grand!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #22
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
I know, i am starting to believe all the nay sayers here. I dont have a good feeling about this. I called Callies 3 weeks ago and at that time they saw my name on a crank ordered by HKE. It was being ground then.

I called about 10 days after that, so that was about a week ago and now they had no record of my crank and said HKE canceled the order. I called erik and he informed me he found 2 dragon slayers from a company in houston going out of business.

Problem was that they were 2.00 journal and not 2.1". My ultra I beam callies rods only work with 2.1 journals. He said he would call back Callies and tell them to un-cancel the order. This conversation was about a week ago.

So, me being such a trusting soul, i called callies yesterday and they said they did see the order being reinstated and the crank was done with heat treat (takes 2 weeks) and was going to balancing. So basically, the timing was never thrown off since the crank was not sold off.

For some reason, i have a lot of skepticism about this whole ordeal.

Whatever, my retirement account gets a reprieve in the down time. Maybe it will be long enough to save up the funds for the F1X right off the bat!!! Silver lining and all

Hell, i didnt think my fuel system was going to be north of 3 grand!
That story sounds like the dog ate my homework.

I wish I invented and patented AN fittings....I'd be a billionaire.
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Old 05-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #23
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

[QUOTE=HufferSS;5018383]That story sounds like the dog ate my homework. [quote]

This is why i doubt my motor will be done inside of 2 months. I have been around long enough and can recognize bullshit when i hear it. Just tell the customer anything to get rid of them.....for now. Whatever, i will be driving my car about the time all you guys are well into the 2000rwhp arena.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #24
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Exactly!!!!

Projects like this can take their toll on time,We are a small shop with very specific ways,Our customers do not deligate their builds...They listen to what I have to offer as well as what I recommend and that is it.

LPE builds all of my engines,all of my cylinder heads and all of my camshafts,I work very close with them on most of my projects and we keep very tight on packages we sell.We do not sell prochargers,vortechs(only sold one),any prefab turbo kits.Most every job is custom and can take hundreds of man hours to complete.I do 1 large build a year and that is it,it is all the time I have,I cant do 5-10 a year as we do not keep that kind of man power.Being a small shop means when you do get work it is very special,very one on one,almost like having a customer as a family member.Try getting that any were else.

I hope you get what your asking for,your spending alot of money to not!If one thing does go wrong be prepared,there is no warranty in racing!
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #25
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
...a small shop means when you do get work it is very special,very one on one,almost like having a customer as a family member.Try getting that any were else.
I'd say it's exactly like being a member of the family. I've been there to experience it, and I've been there to see others experience it too. This is just one (of many) reasons that I wouldn't take my car to anyone other than ADM Performance. Quality, performance, personal attention, a willingness to understand my needs and, more importantly, a driven-desire to provide quality solutions… not just any solution, but the right one for the particular need/member of the family.

Not bragging… but to stress the point above… EVIL RS recently took Best In Class at a local, rather large car show. Not just any class mind you, but the entire Camaro class.. all years, all makes, all models. This is directly attributable to Andy Mages and his team at ADM Performance, the car is first at show and running 10's at the track.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #26
Whipped416

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Noone ever said ndy does not do great work. We all understand his attention to detail is unmatched. It just he only takes hand picked cars now that he is so well known for his work and attention to detail. I cant say anything bad about Andy he has always helped me out with questions or concerns i might have has. ANDY IS A GREAT SPONSOR AND WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE HIM WITH US AT CAMARO5!
Whipped416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #27
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

What's a show car?
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
Exactly!!!!

Projects like this can take their toll on time,We are a small shop with very specific ways,Our customers do not deligate their builds...They listen to what I have to offer as well as what I recommend and that is it.

LPE builds all of my engines,all of my cylinder heads and all of my camshafts,I work very close with them on most of my projects and we keep very tight on packages we sell.We do not sell prochargers,vortechs(only sold one),any prefab turbo kits.Most every job is custom and can take hundreds of man hours to complete.I do 1 large build a year and that is it,it is all the time I have,I cant do 5-10 a year as we do not keep that kind of man power.Being a small shop means when you do get work it is very special,very one on one,almost like having a customer as a family member.Try getting that any were else.

I hope you get what your asking for,your spending alot of money to not!If one thing does go wrong be prepared,there is no warranty in racing!
This is exactly why i wanted you to take on this task!!!! You are the best. Remember our correspondence a while back. You told me you were not interested. That was my loss. Im dumping a ton of money on this car and want it done right.

You are right, customers do not deligate their builds....but you know what. So far, every shop i have talked to, including HKE has said....what do you want, its up to you. I explain......im not knowledgeable enough, you have my goals, pleas make it happen. This seems to fall on deaf ears. I guess most shops deal with pure motor heads. I am not a motor head but i am pretty damn smart and learn pretty quick.

This is why it sucks so bad you will not take this motor on. You have your idea how it will be the best it can be.

Do you understand what i am trying to convey?

JIm

I REFUSE TO BE AN IGNORANT CONSUMER. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. I have an engineering degree, although i have never used it. Sorry i was curious about whats going on.

Thanks Andy for replying to this thread, i truly appreciate it.

Last edited by BullF-16; 05-24-2012 at 09:41 PM.