Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Old 01-29-2017, 09:46 PM   #127
111MOTORSPORTS

Drives: Black 2015 rs
When I buy a wrist band does that also pay for my track fee so that I can get in to the track?
111MOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:51 PM   #128
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111MOTORSPORTS View Post
When I buy a wrist band does that also pay for my track fee so that I can get in to the track?
NCM road track costs $225 to get in the gate and race. Spectators are free.

Then if you went to Beach Bend you would need another spectator wristband for $25 or just buy the $300 wristband and you are good for all 3 days of racing at both tracks.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:51 AM   #129
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Novice 1 - for drivers brand new to the hobby, 0 track days. Maybe some autocross. Never been to NCM.

Novice 2 - for drivers familiar with the road course environment. 1-3 track days and/or autocross experience. Never been to NCM.

Intermediate - for experienced drivers. These drivers have several track days under their belt, at different locations. NCM experience preferable, but not required.

Advanced - for long-experienced track rats and instructors. Many tracks, many cars, many years. NCM experience or Instructor status required.

To determine which driver group you will best fit into, please copy/past the following questions and answer them to the best of your ability in a post in this thread.

What clubs you have run track days with? None yet (but looking at doing an event in April at NCM with MVP.
What tracks you have ran at? NCM
Total number of track days...1
Previous experience at this track and how many times. 1
Have you been previously solo approved, and if so where and by who? (Only required for "advanced" group) No

PAID and can't wait!!!!!!
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.

Last edited by olblue75; 04-30-2017 at 08:59 PM.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #130
111MOTORSPORTS

Do we have the option to have a instructor run with us? Also when I looked online at NCMs website for track events and there was nothing on there for the 13th of July and I was trying to get track insurance and on NCMs website for track insurance they also had nothing on the 13th of July, can we get insurance on the 13th of July for the track day at camaro fest?
Old 01-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #131
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I'm sure it will be available. They usually have links to the companies that provide it. I'm sure all that will be available closer to the date...

Danny (JOHNSONROD) is working with the folks, you can bet it will be top notch...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #132
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Do we have the option to have a instructor run with us? Also when I looked online at NCMs website for track events and there was nothing on there for the 13th of July and I was trying to get track insurance and on NCMs website for track insurance they also had nothing on the 13th of July, can we get insurance on the 13th of July for the track day at camaro fest?
We aren't on the schedule just yet. We are...just not online. I've asked for some more information on this subject...

As far as instructors - there will be instructors available. They will be focused more on the beginners in the morning, and then probably be freed up a bit after the beginners become more comfortable.

Everyone who wants it will have access to the classroom and instructors/coaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I'm sure it will be available. They usually have links to the companies that provide it. I'm sure all that will be available closer to the date...

Danny (JOHNSONROD) is working with the folks, you can bet it will be top notch...

-Don
Old 01-30-2017, 09:06 PM   #133
111MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
We aren't on the schedule just yet. We are...just not online. I've asked for some more information on this subject...

As far as instructors - there will be instructors available. They will be focused more on the beginners in the morning, and then probably be freed up a bit after the beginners become more comfortable.

Everyone who wants it will have access to the classroom and instructors/coaches.

Is there a few included with the instructors? If so do you have a price estimate?
Old 01-30-2017, 09:24 PM   #134
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Is there a few included with the instructors? If so do you have a price estimate?
nothing above the $225. Consider it included. You may need to share for a session or two, though.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:42 PM   #135
111MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
nothing above the $225. Consider it included. You may need to share for a session or two, though.
Alright man thank you guys so much for the help!! This will be my first time at a track, I am pumped to get out there and run!
Old 01-30-2017, 09:43 PM   #136
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Alright man thank you guys so much for the help!! This will be my first time at a track, I am pumped to get out there and run!
You bet, it's going to be awesome!!
Old 01-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #137
Mr. Wyndham

Just a friendly reminder to everyone signing up about noise levels:

Got off the phone with the track folks, and they wanted to stress again that they will be strictly monitoring and enforcing the 103dB sound limit.

Stock Camaros are less than 100 by law and design, so you'll be good.

However, common "violators" are folks with long-tube headers (Even through NPP this can be an issue), and loud catback or straight pipes. Cat deletes are probably no good.

Before you hit the track, you'll need to address these issues. The baffles they sell are ~60-80, and there's no guarantee they'll work. If you get flagged, you've only got one chance back out on the track after you change something. If it happens again, you're done for the day. :(
Old 01-30-2017, 10:16 PM   #138
111MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Just a friendly reminder to everyone signing up about noise levels:

Got off the phone with the track folks, and they wanted to stress again that they will be strictly monitoring and enforcing the 103dB sound limit.

Stock Camaros are less than 100 by law and design, so you'll be good.

However, common "violators" are folks with long-tube headers (Even through NPP this can be an issue), and loud catback or straight pipes. Cat deletes are probably no good.

Before you hit the track, you'll need to address these issues. The baffles they sell are ~60-80, and there's no guarantee they'll work. If you get flagged, you've only got one chance back out on the track after you change something. If it happens again, you're done for the day. :(
Thanks for the reminder, how will they check the decibel amount of your car?
Old 01-30-2017, 10:18 PM   #139
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder, how will they check the decibel amount of your car?
Sensors placed at 50ft from the edge track surface at different points along the facility.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:53 PM   #140
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Please add me to the list Mike, bought the $300 wrist band on 1/14.

Thanks,

What clubs you have run track days with? H-Town, Chin Motorsports
What tracks you have ran at? NCMR(CamaroFest wet) MSR, Texas GrandSport
Total number of track days... 20+
Previous experience at this track and how many times. Once, 4 sessions, (3) wet, (1) dry session.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote