Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #57
duh954boy

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS
3/10

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
duh954boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #58
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJCamaro21 View Post
This is from TAW0193's thread in the V6 exhaust section. Muffler delete, resonator delete, with the Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe and 3in pipe ran to 3 1/2 Inch tips. His set up sounds better then the main videos in this thread. I'm sure other guys will disagree and/or not even care. But yah just a muffler delete sounds like shit. But it can sound a ton better when you put some effort into it. I think if this was the lead video, the scores would be a lot better.

For those looking to do something similar to this, I'll say that I basically made this same setup for my SS. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64964

Once I upgraded to LT headers and a Magnaflow 3" I sold the system to a guy with a V6 and he loved it.

I know there are a lot of shops that work on the SS and will basically give away the stock exhaust because they pile up in their shops. Go find one of those, take to a muffler shop, add the resonated x-pipe and a muffler delete. You'll then have a 2.5" setup for probably about $250.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #59
Taw0193

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT RS
Honestly I am quite shocked to be scrolling through this page to see my video :-D I am actually going to go ahead and get the rear cats deleted here in the next month or so... I appreciate the complements guys, and to the negative comments? I appreciate your opinion but as a car enthusiast I believe as long as the owner is happy that it doesnt matter what people have to say about it... However, I do like the positive comments :-D
Old 05-09-2013, 04:56 PM   #60
Taw0193

[QUOTE=NJCamaro21;6520938]This is from TAW0193's thread in the V6 exhaust section. Muffler delete, resonator delete, with the Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe and 3in pipe ran to 3 1/2 Inch tips. His set up sounds better then the main videos in this thread. I'm sure other guys will disagree and/or not even care. But yah just a muffler delete sounds like shit. But it can sound a ton better when you put some effort into it. I think if this was the lead video, the scores would be a lot better.

First of all, Thanks for the publicity man, Second, here is the cold start up video...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #61
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I have the magna flow muffler delete on my car......wow its sounds so much better with a v8 ..I give it 0.....1 level above ricer for sound
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #62
NJCamaro21

Drives: 2011 Summit White 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taw0193 View Post
Honestly I am quite shocked to be scrolling through this page to see my video :-D I am actually going to go ahead and get the rear cats deleted here in the next month or so... I appreciate the complements guys, and to the negative comments? I appreciate your opinion but as a car enthusiast I believe as long as the owner is happy that it doesnt matter what people have to say about it... However, I do like the positive comments :-D
I had to throw your video in there. People need to see that when worked on, a muffler delete can sound real good. I still think its the best sounding exhaust setup out there. If your getting the rear cats deleted, make sure to post a vid haha I probably wont have touched my exhaust by then as I have some aesthetic additions happening to the vehicle before I go to the exhaust.
NJCamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #63
Taw0193

Quote:
I had to throw your video in there. People need to see that when worked on, a muffler delete can sound real good. I still think its the best sounding exhaust setup out there. If your getting the rear cats deleted, make sure to post a vid haha I probably wont have touched my exhaust by then as I have some aesthetic additions happening to the vehicle before I go to the exhaust.
So after I made the statement that I was gonna cut off the rear cats, I called my dealership. That WILL void my warranty. So, for now the setup I have will have to do =P only 27k miles on it.. warranty ends at 60k.. When thats done though, I have a HUGE list of things I want to do engine wise.. Monday I am taking it to a friends shop, so I intend on taking good pictures of the underbody and probably a walk down video so you can have something to show your muffler shop professional. Anyways, Thanks again!
Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM   #64
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
Just cause you muffler delete a v6 doesnt make you anywhere near a ricer. do you even know what the term ricer even means?

people with v8s are so quick to trash anyone under them. yeah it may sound better on a v8 but a correctly done muffler delete on a v6 sound great for a v6 as well.

clearly he didnt just slap on a straight pipe and start to act like he's super fast and drives a race car.. then he'd be a ricer. He clearly took the time to make his car sound better. people here make me mad when they try to say anyone with a v4 or 6 that does exhaust mods or anything along that line is classified as a ricer from a v8.

dang today ive been ranting a lot.

i give a 7/10 for price and sound quality of what he was trying to do. x pipe and LT headers with the resonators still one accompanied by the muffler delete will sound pretty good
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #65
Taw0193

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Vibe92 View Post
Just cause you muffler delete a v6 doesnt make you anywhere near a ricer. do you even know what the term ricer even means?

people with v8s are so quick to trash anyone under them. yeah it may sound better on a v8 but a correctly done muffler delete on a v6 sound great for a v6 as well.

clearly he didnt just slap on a straight pipe and start to act like he's super fast and drives a race car.. then he'd be a ricer. He clearly took the time to make his car sound better. people here make me mad when they try to say anyone with a v4 or 6 that does exhaust mods or anything along that line is classified as a ricer from a v8.

dang today ive been ranting a lot.

i give a 7/10 for price and sound quality of what he was trying to do. x pipe and LT headers with the resonators still one accompanied by the muffler delete will sound pretty good
Old 05-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #66
Taw0193

Just gonna throw this out there, After watching the video's at the start of this post it is honestly no wonder why people think a muffler delete sounds so bad. I think if some people actually thought out and researched upgrades and such, they would have a much better result. But, I'm not here to judge =P
Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #67
NJCamaro21

Drives: 2011 Summit White 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taw0193 View Post
So after I made the statement that I was gonna cut off the rear cats, I called my dealership. That WILL void my warranty. So, for now the setup I have will have to do =P only 27k miles on it.. warranty ends at 60k.. When thats done though, I have a HUGE list of things I want to do engine wise.. Monday I am taking it to a friends shop, so I intend on taking good pictures of the underbody and probably a walk down video so you can have something to show your muffler shop professional. Anyways, Thanks again!
Wow I didn't know that would void the warranty. I knew a tune would. Well I guess I won't be deleting those. Only got 14k on my baby and it
came with an extended warranty on the engine and body thrown in for free. When the warranty goes in a few years I will move onto a v8. So hopefully I like the 6th gen lol but back on topic, I'm still going with your setup!
NJCamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #68
J_Vibe92

Drives: 2013 Mustang 5.0
its illegal to touch your cats thats why
Visual mods: Eagle Eyes w/5k hids, Custom Hood Spears, Heritage Grille, Stage 2 LED Dome lights,Transformer Emblems, PD Bezels, 19in Chevy rims with pirellis, Blue painted calipers, GM GFX Front Splitter, 35/20 % Tint, TailLight Tint(charcoal)
1/4 Mile: 13.65 sec @ 102.53 mph R.I.P.
J_Vibe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #69
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
You cut your cats out, and have an engine problem....

put your cats back on lol.......No biggie.

The rear cat doesnt even have 02 sensors so you would not have a problem with this method.

Kind of like tuning your car. Put a tune on your car and for example your trans gives out, just put stock tune back on your car. This only works for the v6 though. SS has flash counter.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #70
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Rate the mod, I am being generous at 1/10. The only reason I gave it that was is sounds alright idling but I hate that farty/raspy sound the V6 get when you get on it.

Quote:
This is from TAW0193's thread in the V6 exhaust section. Muffler delete, resonator delete, with the Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe and 3in pipe ran to 3 1/2 Inch tips. His set up sounds better then the main videos in this thread. I'm sure other guys will disagree and/or not even care. But yah just a muffler delete sounds like shit. But it can sound a ton better when you put some effort into it. I think if this was the lead video, the scores would be a lot better.

Now for a muffler delete this actually sound real decent and I was surprised. It seems like all the clips I hear on muffler delete I just shake my head and can't believe that some people actually like that. Well, this one I actually like. That sounds pretty damn good NJCamaro21!

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote