Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #1
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
2010 Camaro SS vs Toyota Tacoma CRASH...

Found this on another Forum thought I would share.. Did a quick search and didn't see it anywhere else. I apologize if its a repost...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will69camaro View Post
He is at fault, he turned from center in front of 2 lanes of cars that stopped to let him turn (guessing they were backed up from the light maybe 500ft ahead). He turned into my lane I was doing 35mph and had JUST enough time to hit brakes. Probably hit him at ~30mph. Below is my artist representation of how it all went down and more pictures of the car.

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I hope everyone was allright....

And if they are....I have to remark how funny I think it is the tacoma ended up on its side....
Old 12-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #3
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I hope everyone was allright....

And if they are....I have to remark how funny I think it is the tacoma ended up on its side....
Not sure about the guy in the Tacoma, but the driver of the Camaro was fine. Did you notice the bent frame on the Tacoma?

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 12-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
I'm surprised the head airbags came out but not the side airbags.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Not sure about the guy in the Tacoma, but the driver of the Camaro was fine. Did you notice the bent frame on the Tacoma?
Is that the frame or just the running board? It's hard to tell from the picture.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
The SS owner is definitely at fault unless the Tacoma owner ran a red light. Looks like a decent accident though... they all probably got away with a few minor bumps and bruises.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
Is that the frame or just the running board? It's hard to tell from the picture.
Look just under that running board and you can see the frame itself is twisted and bent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
The SS owner is definitely at fault unless the Tacoma owner ran a red light. Looks like a decent accident though... they all probably got away with a few minor bumps and bruises.
From the looks of the drawing and the other pics, it looked like the Tacoma was pulling out of a popeyes parking lot, or just turning onto the street from the center lane going the opposite drection of the Camaro, NO LIGHT, so the Tacoma would be at fault...

Old 12-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
The Camaro is not at fault. This is because the cars to the driver's left have voluntarily yielded. Had they been forced to yield, this would be a different story. The Camaro was under no obligation to yield.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #9
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
Look just under that running board and you can see the frame itself is twisted and bent...

From the looks of the drawing and the other pics, it looked like the Tacoma was pulling out of a popeyes parking lot, or just turning onto the street from the center lane going the opposite drection of the Camaro, NO LIGHT, so the Tacoma would be at fault...
Oh that was my bad. I didn't see the curve in his "artist rendering."
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #10
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Oh that was my bad. I didn't see the curve in his "artist rendering."
NO PROBLEM! Its all good!

Old 12-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #11
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Given the height of the Tacoma, and the low stance of the Camaro, the impact was on the frame, so you would expect it to bend.
Point of Impact was right at the height of the bumper cover of the Camaro.
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #12
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
woah thats crazy

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #13
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
Yea sadly it's my car. Thanks for the kind words. They voluntarily yielded, I never even saw him. I was going 35ish mph and had maybe 2 car lengths to get ON the brake and slow. Didn't get much accomplished and slammed him. Front and side curtains popped. Car has a lot of damage. Initial estimate without getting into anything is over 16k.

Sad part is we were coming back from the day out for my girlfriends birthday. She hit her knee on the dash or something flying hit it. Swollen knee and bruises, and cut on her hip from the seat belt. I have a burn on my neck from my belt and a busted left hand from hitting something (a-pillar or side airbag or something). Both are sore, necks hurt but overall we'll be fine.

Car may be a total loss. Hope his insurance treats me well...
will69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #14
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Yea sadly it's my car. Thanks for the kind words. They voluntarily yielded, I never even saw him. I was going 35ish mph and had maybe 2 car lengths to get ON the brake and slow. Didn't get much accomplished and slammed him. Front and side curtains popped. Car has a lot of damage. Initial estimate without getting into anything is over 16k.

Sad part is we were coming back from the day out for my girlfriends birthday. She hit her knee on the dash or something flying hit it. Swollen knee and bruises, and cut on her hip from the seat belt. I have a burn on my neck from my belt and a busted left hand from hitting something (a-pillar or side airbag or something). Both are sore, necks hurt but overall we'll be fine.

Car may be a total loss. Hope his insurance treats me well...
Wow, I didn't realize, or notice that being posted over on moderncamaro... If I had, I would have included it. Hope those injuries end up healing quickly and fully. And hopefully they will replace your ride, but the wait will suck. Again, SORRY to hear bro!