Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #15
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
Thanks for the condolences. I'm just happy we both made it out relatively ok as did the Tacoma driver. He went to hospital but I was assured it was precautionary. Could have been much worse.
will69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #16
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Let me find the link from where it was posted earlier on this site by the owner i think

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55086
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #17
will69camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ighlight=Z2010
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #18
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Thanks for the condolences. I'm just happy we both made it out relatively ok as did the Tacoma driver. He went to hospital but I was assured it was precautionary. Could have been much worse.
Well thats good, glad you all, including the Tacoma drive are alright! And from the looks of it, yes, things could have been much worse...

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #19
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Let me find the link from where it was posted earlier on this site by the owner i think

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55086
Quote:
That explains why I couldn't find it. It was part of the PlanetLSX's project thread, not it's own thread... Again, my apologies for the repost...but maybe this way more people will see it...

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Old 12-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #20
will69camaro

Not a problem at all. I was actually google searching "2010 Camaro Tacoma wreck" and found it. Wanted to see how far the wreck made it in a day. Those pics have only been on the web maybe 12 hrs...
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #21
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_O View Post
NO LIGHT, so the Tacoma would be at fault...
Agreed!
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #22
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Quote:
Not a problem at all. I was actually google searching "2010 Camaro Tacoma wreck" and found it. Wanted to see how far the wreck made it in a day. Those pics have only been on the web maybe 12 hrs...
WOW, thats pretty sweet, my post is the 2nd website shown on google search when you search that! It sucks that it involves a wrecked Camaro though.:(

Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 AM   #23
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
I do not post on this forum much anymore, basically for a few reasons. However, once I seen this thread, I felt like I needed to comment on a few things that have been brought up.

1. It is no surprise that the Tacoma ended up on it's side. Trucks are top heavy, and if anyone paid attention to the illustration, it was shown as gettting t boned. So no surprise.

2. The running board was bent, not the frame. I believe most are mistaking the frame for the lower portion of the door being bent in. With the accident, and how that happened, is also no surprise, it will happen with any car.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #24
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Frame of Tacoma is definitely bent. Look at the spot where the step rail is pushed furthest under the truck. The frame looks to be twisted and pushed in several inches. Not a knock on the truck, just an observation.
Kurt_OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:46 AM   #25
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Wow, that must have been scary.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #26
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post

2. The running board was bent, not the frame. I believe most are mistaking the frame for the lower portion of the door being bent in. With the accident, and how that happened, is also no surprise, it will happen with any car.
Follow the Frame, its definetly bent...
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Yea sadly it's my car. Thanks for the kind words. They voluntarily yielded, I never even saw him. I was going 35ish mph and had maybe 2 car lengths to get ON the brake and slow. Didn't get much accomplished and slammed him. Front and side curtains popped. Car has a lot of damage. Initial estimate without getting into anything is over 16k.

Sad part is we were coming back from the day out for my girlfriends birthday. She hit her knee on the dash or something flying hit it. Swollen knee and bruises, and cut on her hip from the seat belt. I have a burn on my neck from my belt and a busted left hand from hitting something (a-pillar or side airbag or something). Both are sore, necks hurt but overall we'll be fine.

Car may be a total loss. Hope his insurance treats me well...
Glad you're all right. My wishes go out to you and your girlfriend for quick healing!
You said the other guy was carted off to the hospital as a precaution...any idea what injuries he sustained?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
1. It is no surprise that the Tacoma ended up on it's side. Trucks are top heavy, and if anyone paid attention to the illustration, it was shown as gettting t boned. So no surprise.
I'm not surprised and am very familiar with the CG of a truck and it reacted the way it should have, the Camaro tipped it over being so low. But I still think it looks funny on its side, sorta like tractor-tipping in the movie "Cars".

And the frame is bent, check out the rail right underneath the rocker panel, it clearly bent inward with the rocker panel.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #28
will69camaro

He was taken away for neck pain but it was "minor" i was told. I'm sure he's hurting today.

I know why the truck flipped. The two vehicles weigh within 2-300 lbs of eachother and with the high Cg of his and low Cg of mine it makes for an unfair "encounter" for his tacoma.

As for the frame being bent. The step rail is definitely the most obvious but the frame was bent in. Probably fixable on the frame part but the fact that the only thing undamaged on it was MAYBE the tailgate...Not a lot for the insurance to work with....