Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #43
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Regrets? How about 3 years of Permagrin.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 PM   #44
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Regrets?

Of course!.....I bought a convertible!
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #45
RetroXI
ME9ATRN

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
i regret getting the v6....but thank god for trade ins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beescuz View Post
My son is in 4th grade and every night he has to read for 20mins. He reads aloud to me Camaro 5, Camaro Performance, Motortrend, RC cars, and etc ever night.
RetroXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #46
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
All depends on which way you look at it, as far as performance HELL NO , i have had 5 camaros over the years , vettes have never done anything for meat all ,unless its a 65 stingray,,,, as far as what it has cost me personally over the last 1.5yrs Yes I do. got way to wrapped up in the car family to put it simply,
Old 08-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #47
Vader

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
No regrets here. Probably because I knew what I was getting when I bought it. Don't care that it costs me $60+ a week for gas. Don't care that my coworkers think their car is faster than mine (most of them actually are). Don't care that it wakes my whole family up every weekday morning at 6 AM when I start it up in the garage.

I grin from ear to ear every time I'm behind the wheel. Definitely no regrets here!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #48
fastkevman

Drives: 2011 Victory Red 1SS/RS M6
Regret it.......ab-so-lute-ly!!!
I ordered it so that I could just tweak it in to the way I enjoy driving and have a more comfortable, reliable ride than the muscle cars I previously owned.
It is considerably less reliable than ANY car I have previously owned, it is comfortable (when it can be driven), and decent parts to get it where I want have been fairly pricey so it's just become a miserable money pit.
Hindsight being 20/20, If I could go back in time two years I would have bought another '67-'73 muscle car and bought a Subaru WRX,
kept the Suby stock and all the money I've dumped into the Camaro could have been used for the muscle car rebuild.
I'd have something fun, comfortable, and reliable in the Suby to drive on a regular basis and something cool to take to car cruise/shows in the muscle car. Oh well!:(
fastkevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #49
hsoj10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
I thought this forum was for enthusiast not haters. No regrets here!!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #50
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsoj10 View Post
I thought this forum was for enthusiast not haters. No regrets here!!
Drinking the cool aid? Not a hater, but I expect it is human nature to second guess decisions. I can't say I regret it, but there are other cars out there that I regret not owning as well.
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #51
hsoj10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowVert View Post
Drinking the cool aid? Not a hater, but I expect it is human nature to second guess decisions. I can't say I regret it, but there are other cars out there that I regret not owning as well.
Wasnt talking about anyone specific. But some people are trying to make it out like the Camaro is the biggest POS they ever owned. Find it hard to believe. Maybe just people dont take care of their cars, or maybe something else I dunno. Just weird that if someone hates the car so much that they would even be on this forum in the first place.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:32 PM   #52
SnowVert

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 SS/RS LS3 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by hsoj10 View Post
Wasnt talking about you specifically. Some others are trying to make it out like the Camaro is the biggest POS they ever owned. Find it hard to believe. Maybe just people dont take care of their cars, or maybe something else I dunno. Just weird that if someone hates the car so much that they would even be on this forum in the first place.
Because this forum should be a place to share information regarding these cars both good and bad. I can say that the quality on my Camaro has made it the biggest POS I have ever owned. But, GM is taking care of me so I can't complain.

If it wasn't for the convertible forum section, I'd probably still be fighting with GM and my dealership to get all of the problems corrected on this one rather than waiting for my new 13 to arrive.

These are nice cars, and there really isn't anything like them out there. And most of the owners are still happy owners, but it doesn't hurt to express the negatives as well.
SnowVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #53
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
I am at heart a big chevy man and I have had Corvette's and Camaro's before. I really wanted a new Corvette but being disabled it is to hard to get out of a Corvette because it is so low. And with it being so low I would have a very hard time washing it. I was super glad the Camaro came back and I kind of wanted to hold off till the ZL1 came out. The wife saw the Synergy Green and we got the 2011 SS. So I do wish I could have the Corvette, but I totally LOVE my Camaro.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #54
hsoj10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowVert View Post
Because this forum should be a place to share information regarding these cars both good and bad. I can say that the quality on my Camaro has made it the biggest POS I have ever owned. But, GM is taking care of me so I can't complain.

If it wasn't for the convertible forum section, I'd probably still be fighting with GM and my dealership to get all of the problems corrected on this one rather than waiting for my new 13 to arrive.

These are nice cars, and there really isn't anything like them out there. And most of the owners are still happy owners, but it doesn't hurt to express the negatives as well.
"I can say that the quality on my Camaro has made it the biggest POS I have ever owned." Thats a pretty bold statement. I really dont believe that unless of course you have only owned high end luxury cars. I have owned 3 Chrysler cars and all of them were 10 times worse in the quality department then my Camaro. Just sayin
Old 08-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #55
qtr-camaro ss

Drives: Orange CAMARO SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
But it's still just an SS... it's not a ZL1. Any car can be an SS...
Not over 1000 rwhp though, it's ss but I upgraded everything on the car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
qtr-camaro ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #56
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
No regrets for me. The 1LE is tempting though. If it was available in 2011, I would've given it great consideration. The only real issue for me is the price. It would've been close to $40K after checking the 1LE and RS boxes.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote