Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #15
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Also, try calling Patriot Chevy in Hopkinsville. I know they have 2 V6 cars but are getting 2 SS cars that were back out on in the next few weeks apparently and were on sale at MSRP. Talk to John Rich as we got our 09 Malibu from him and he was great.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:31 PM   #16
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
Just let them know that you will not go away until you ruin their name. Be an ass. And show them you mean business.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #17
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=rod+hatfield

Check out what happened just up the road.

And down in Texas http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21647
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #18
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX

WTF?????????

GM... you are likely to go down hard because of this preorder mess.

When the dust settles... It will be too much too survive... the legal ramifications....

... and the PR disaster....

Sounds like even Fbodfather wont be able to fix this one.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #19
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
These horror stories have got to stop. Unreal. I am really, really sorry to hear about this... and I hope this works out okay for you in the end.

Number_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #20
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Go after the dealer-ship!!!

Take him to court if needed.... sure makes me wonder if this kind of thing will happen to me too.

Bummer!!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:46 PM   #21
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
GM cant do anything about the dealers and their pitiful behavior......

Except maybe GM is cataloging all complaints and saving them for the list of soon to be X-dealers. That would be frikin funny.
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #22
Zeroburn

Drives: Black '10 2SS/RS #1002
Send a message via AIM to Zeroburn
Get all your information together, Is channel 7 abc news the same there as here? they have a channel 7 on your side type of ordeal here where they investigate TONS of these types of things.

Be mature, tell them exactly what happened, use proof, show the hard evidence you have. Don't sound kiddy and sound like your ice cream fell, be professional and stand up for you believe in.

I for 1 hope you win a free camaro through them after all this is said and done. And if you do remember I said that and you can pay 1/2 my car.
Wishing the best for you.
Zeroburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #23
manchimp

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss
Just lame!
manchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #24
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
That is the worst thing that can happen. I feel like these dealers all sound alike can't believe a word they are saying. I know mine I don't trust him at all and he keeps telling me he promises I will be getting my car . Which I ordered mine in Jan. and he said July. I asked him why is the other dealers getting their cars before us pre-order people? He tried to tell me that only the v6's are want thier getting. Did you pay money down?
68/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #25
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67rs/ss View Post
This is insane. I pre-ordered a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro on the first day customers were able to back in October. I went to my local dealer and was #1 on their order list. They agreed to sell the car to me at the window sticker price. I had talked with the salesman before and thought he was honest. For the past few weeks he has been calling me with order updates.

I called him this week and he tells me that my order was canceled and that they were only going to get one SS Camaro between now and October. They were going to sell it at 10k above sticker. He had told me back in October that they had 6 allocations. I knew something was fishy, so I called the GM customer service line yesterday and the rep. tells me that the car has been produced and it will arrive at the dealership in a couple of days. I called him back today and he tells me that the car has been delivered to the dealership.

So I go to the dealership today and see a salesman that doesn't know me. I asked him if the dealership had a 2SS Camaro. He says, "Yeah, but it's already gone. The manager's son has it." So, I go inside and talk to the salesman that I was working with. He wouldn't admit that they had the car I ordered on the lot. He just repeated, "I haven't seen the invoice."

They ended up hijacking my order so an employee's family member could be the first on the block to get a Camaro. They lied to me and thought I wouldn't figure out what happened. What a terrible experience. I hope the dealership folds.

I called GM and they said they couldn't do anything.

If anyone knows where I can get a Victory Red 2SS/RS Camaro in KY or the surrounding area at sticker please let me know.

Sorry for your misfortune. If you want to pay MSRP you will just have to put a new order in at another dealership. But then it could be 2 to 3 months to get your car. If you want to buy a showroom car, you will pay way above sticker and not get all the specs you want most likely. Again, sorry for what happened.
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #26
67rs/ss

Drives: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68/2010 View Post
That is the worst thing that can happen. I feel like these dealers all sound alike can't believe a word they are saying. I know mine I don't trust him at all and he keeps telling me he promises I will be getting my car . Which I ordered mine in Jan. and he said July. I asked him why is the other dealers getting their cars before us pre-order people? He tried to tell me that only the v6's are want thier getting. Did you pay money down?
No, I had bought cars from the salesman before and he said that since he knew me and I didn't need a deposit. I took their word. Pretty disgusting situation. They wouldn't admit they even received the car after GM told me it was delivered. GM called them and they lied. Told them I refused to put money down and that they would order another for me at "market price." They told the GM rep who they sold it to. Confirmed it was the manager's son. I'm sure he wasn't charged "Market Price."
67rs/ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #27
Stevo

Drives: Camaro 2010 SIM
Don't blame GM for their dealers, or their pre-order Camaro marketing program. Apparently this is all a big misunderstanding...on your part.
Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #28
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
This is really wrong. The integrity of dealers nationwide has seriously dwindled. There are only a couple of good honest dealers out there. I hope you get your 2SS man. Im pulling for ya. Let us know what happens.