Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
Dale_K

Drives: 2014 1LS
Is it hard to take off the top of the dash?

I see the row of screws under the horizontal trim piece on my 2014 and the screws in the ends of the dash cap at the doors. Looks like the instrument cluster would have to come out too. Is that it? Or does the lower dash and steering wheel have to come out too?

I'm trying to fix a small rattle from the top front of the dash on the passenger side. I think I could figure it out and fix it if I could get the top dash pad out.
Dale_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #2
MattMDR

Drives: 2014 2LS RRM
Dale, you have a new car and it should be under the full warranty. Take it to the dealer and see what they say.
MattMDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60650

being helpful heres the diy thread for future use.
2021 Wild Cherry ZL1 A10, Sunroof, Data,Red Carbon Interior, Nav, RotoFab Big Gulp , Elite x2ultra, Borla ATAK, Driveshaft shop, full BMR susp, Speed eng. valve covers, intercoolers, ATI , 2650 MAG, DSX lid, 103 NW, JBA shorties, Lingenfelter check, 1le wheels, spoiler and diveplanes, PCV, Big3racing ice tank, [SIGPIC]etc....
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the dealer will probably say its normal. its not. ask for the owner of the dealership then go to GM
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 04:32 PM   #5
Dale_K

Thanks for the link to the DIY thread. Looks like the top section isn't easily removed separately. The various dash related projects pull the entire dash as a single unit.

I doubt the dealer will be able to reproduce the problem.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:06 AM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_K View Post
I doubt the dealer will be able to reproduce the problem.
Maybe so, but I'd certainly try it first. You think you have a rattle now... just wait until after you tear your dash apart and reassemble it.

Good advice from MattMDR. Take it.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 06:39 AM   #7
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Take a screwdriver and wrap the end with a towel. Place it in the center air vent and pop one of the pieces inside loose. The only way to replace the vent is to remove the entire dash. Take it to the dealership and tell them you have a rattle. They can fix both issues at the same time under warranty.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
Dale_K

Thanks for the replies. I worked on this problem today and maybe I found a fix. I took a piece of Velcro and folded it to make it double thickness. Then I put a piece of foam in between the two layers and wedged it between the front edge of the dash and the base of the windshield. I've only taken one drive since I did it but I didn't hear the noise.