Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
New production info!

Hope this isn't a re-post but i saw this on ls1tech and had to let everyone know!!

Bob Boniface, a head designer at GM involved with Camaro, shared a tidbit about production details at the Camaro Superfest earlier this month:

October 2008 is the month when approximately 30 Camaros will first roll off the assembly line, and in the following months they will continue to ramp up production until the January 2009 release.
Although engine sizes are a secret, tenatively there are three engines set to be in the lineup for the initial release: 2 V6s and 1 V8.
Horsepower numbers are not known.

October 2008!
And so the countdown begins!

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
I have not heard the first part of 30 Camaros in October, sounds alright, but I would 'almost' bet my left nut that there will be more than one V8, at LEAST two possibly three. AND there is a thread that goes into the engine line up in detail.

I would bet my left nut, but you know there is always some chance that anything could happen, and to tell you the truth I wouldn't want to give that little guy up.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
darthknight72

Drives: 1983 trans am
The last I heard,There are supposed to be 2 V-8 and 2 V-6's in the lineup.But right now its all rumor and speculation.I guess I'll have to wait like everybody else..
darthknight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
91redchevy

Drives: '13 2ss rs 1le
Notice it says " tentatively" and "initial release" so probably just the base V8 to
get them on the lots then in late '09 we may see a higher performance option,
"cough"LS3"cough".
Old 07-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
ChevyLee
SS Chevy

Drives: Chevy Cheyenne Truck
I was watching a show on ESPN about new car releases and this guy from gm said that they weren't going to put a v6 in the new camaros because of cost. it would be the same to use a v8. But i don't know how old that was. I hope they offer the SS when they first come out.. i dont want to have to wait
ChevyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #6
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91redchevy View Post
Notice it says " tentatively" and "initial release" so probably just the base V8 to
get them on the lots then in late '09 we may see a higher performance option,
"cough"LS3"cough".

that makes alot of sense actually. I'm sure if that is their plan then they will let everyone know beforehand. And to give credit where credit is due 91redchevy was the initial poster of this thread.

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #7
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
...October 2008 is the month when approximately 30 Camaros will first roll off the assembly line, and in the following months they will continue to ramp up production until the January 2009 release.
Do they always do that when they release a vehicle?
Because those cars prices are going to be shot through the roof so we're not going to actually get one till 2009. If i understand right.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #8
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Lets remember the only offical info we've gotten is: "customers will be able to choose from either a V6 or V8 engine". Everything else is pure speculation. I'd look to the Corvette lineup to model what we'll probably see as options for the Camaro variants.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Odds are, all those cars are already sold like most other special cars. But still, it is little more than a year until the first ones are built and then hit the roads.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:04 PM   #10
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Odds are, all those cars are already sold like most other special cars. But still, it is little more than a year until the first ones are built and then hit the roads.
I'd think the first 30 would be fore demonstration purposes, not for sale. They'll probably be apart of the press fleet.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerScotsman View Post
Lets remember the only offical info we've gotten is: "customers will be able to choose from either a V6 or V8 engine". Everything else is pure speculation. I'd look to the Corvette lineup to model what we'll probably see as options for the Camaro variants.
let's not take that out of context....Honestly, to me, 2 V6's and 1 V8, make sense, the only V8 worth putting in this "Great" car, is the LS3, but that's besides the point...

"...be able to choose from either a V6 or V8 engine". There. THAT's all we know for sure.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #12
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
"...be able to choose from either a V6 or V8 engine". There. THAT's all we know for sure.
Um, ok. Same difference.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:22 PM   #13
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Well, I thought by bolding out just the "a" you meant only 1 V6, therfore opening the opurtunity to have multiple V8's...sorry if I misunderstood you.

I bolded out all of it to renforce the fact that we really only know there will be a choice between V6, and V8 style engines...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #14
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Well, I thought by bolding out just the "a" you meant only 1 V6, therfore opening the opurtunity to have multiple V8's...sorry if I misunderstood you.

I bolded out all of it to renforce the fact that we really only know there will be a choice between V6, and V8 style engines...
Well I didn't see any plurality in the original statement, but you could be right in your interpretation.