Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #29
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Ok, on the vette wheel you'll need a 40 mm offset. Here's what you should do. PM Blazzin on here. That guy is the vette wheel pimp. He knows what will work and what's the best place. I got mine in 2009 but they were like $250 each. He can do much better.
Cool I will do that thanks
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #30
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Drives: indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Who knows....but it was apparently a big deal to Boson Higgenbottom the professional racer/photographer and most interesting man in the world so I figured I would add one to my post too.

I can't believe you fools never heard of ninja edits.

hey it's all in good fun, I don't care what tire anyone uses. I just don't think if you are going to directly quote someone and be unnecessarily disrespectful you shouldn't expect dumbassery in return.

btw, if it says "last edited" then you have not completed a ninja edit. that's just a regular edit.
Higgs Boson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #31
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
I can't believe you fools never heard of ninja edits.

hey it's all in good fun, I don't care what tire anyone uses. I just don't think if you are going to directly quote someone and be unnecessarily disrespectful you shouldn't expect dumbassery in return.

btw, if it says "last edited" then you have not completed a ninja edit. that's just a regular edit.
We need a "ninja edit" button!. I'd push that shit all the time!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #32
SixGracing

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6
Here is my first experience with the Nitto 555R this weekend. This is my daughter driving and although her burnout wasn't the greatest you here the tires chirp pretty good instead of hookinig up. Plus it was hot and the track was sticky. These tires should have hooked. These are the Nitto 555R 20" 305's. Listen on her launch, you can hear them..

The car is around 450 at the wheels and the DA this particular day was a terrible 7100'! So her time actually translates to about an 11.6 @ 120 MPH.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:43 AM   #33
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
Here is my first experience with the Nitto 555R this weekend. This is my daughter driving and although her burnout wasn't the greatest you here the tires chirp pretty good instead of hookinig up. Plus it was hot and the track was sticky. These tires should have hooked. These are the Nitto 555R 20" 305's. Listen on her launch, you can hear them..

The car is around 450 at the wheels and the DA this particular day was a terrible 7100'! So her time actually translates to about an 11.6 @ 120 MPH.

Listening is a horrible way of determining whether they work or not....what was her 60'? Automatic or Stick? I don't see an ounce of tire smoke lingering from a burnout either. She is flashing the converter as well instead of coming up on it....so you have a lot of things to fix before blaming a tire.

The bigger diameter wheel...the harder it is to hook...no matter what brand of tire you use.
RPM Level 7 4L80e + Coan Converter
Hendrix 9" Rear Axle + 3.50 Gear
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Fore Fuel System, Bogarts + Hoosier Slicks
Pfadt Drag Pack Suspension
My Build Thread | Best Pass To Date
HufferSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #34
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Sorry but a 1.65 on your average stock 5th gen with nothing but DR's made me LOL just a bit.

Ninja edit: ok i will be honest. It made me LOL a bunch.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #35
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Sorry but a 1.65 on your average stock 5th gen with nothing but DR's made me LOL just a bit.

Clearly you didn't see the part where he races go karts....don't question him.
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Old 07-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #36
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
right on. Apparently i need to just park mine. Go grab a rental, toss on some DR's and let her rip. Hell maybe i will toss on a bigger sway and some trailing arms and shoot for some 1.5 60's courtesy of AVIS.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #37
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
I'm NO bozo!

Ninja edit: ok sometimes:(
Attached Images

IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #38
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
I have ran a 1.542 60ft on Nitto Nt05r 315/35/20, but the tire does not hook well enough for me. So they are better than stock and coud be used depending on your power level.
Here is an article doing a drag radial shooout with Nittos coming out on top of the MT ET, but not much difference.
http://www.superchevy.com/technical/...t/viewall.html
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 AM   #39
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

that is also something I didn't mention is sticking with 20s.... get the smallest wheel you can fit. more tire sidewall is better.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #40
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
damn straight!

and until you race a shifter kart, don't knock it. it may not be quite what you think....

and my super stock car has a little tiny 327 with a carb and will put the hurt on the supercharged 5th gen specialty unicorn cars. lol. of course I am under very strict rules in my class, hell the heads are 1968 castings.....tiny little valves.....I am not saying this just to be an Internet tough guy. I race competitively. I am legit yo. lol. on the circuit.

can't you jacks see I am only trying to get under your skin? we are talking about street cars and dot tires. this isn't the epitome of racing technology and understanding....

yes I realize I am being an idiot in this thread, but only because you respond so well to it.

all it takes is money to make a car go fast. it doesn't mean you built it. it doesn't even mean you know what you're talking about. it means you gave someone money. wow. I think there may be one or two in this thread. experts by proxy.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #41
HufferSS
I Wanna Go Faster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
damn straight!

and until you race a shifter kart, don't knock it. it may not be quite what you think....

and my super stock car has a little tiny 327 with a carb and will put the hurt on the supercharged 5th gen specialty unicorn cars. lol. of course I am under very strict rules in my class, hell the heads are 1968 castings.....tiny little valves.....I am not saying this just to be an Internet tough guy. I race competitively. I am legit yo. lol. on the circuit.

can't you jacks see I am only trying to get under your skin? we are talking about street cars and dot tires. this isn't the epitome of racing technology and understanding....

yes I realize I am being an idiot in this thread, but only because you respond so well to it.

all it takes is money to make a car go fast. it doesn't mean you built it. it doesn't even mean you know what you're talking about. it means you gave someone money. wow. I think there may be one or two in this thread. experts by proxy.

Lol....what's funny is you think you are driving the thread....

Shifter Karts have nothing to do with being legitimate or knowing anything about Drag Radials or drag racing.

Super Stock sucks....it's index racing....so who cares. You might think your faster than a unicorn 5th gen (whatever that is). but who really cares...your car is a full on race car. What et does your car run...the fastest index I see in Super Stock is 9.30 and I doubt that's you...so clearly you aren't faster than this unicorn.

Furthermore I know you can't turn the AC on in your Super stock and tool on down to the beach in your power leather seats, satellite radio while getting 15 mpg via your overdrive transmission and still be able to rip off low 9s if you need to.

As for getting under skin.....keep trying dude...so far you're coming up short......
ARH 2" LTs+3.5" Exhaust
Old 07-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #42
Higgs Boson
Perpetual Order

Quote:
Lol....what's funny is you think you are driving the thread....

Shifter Karts have nothing to do with being legitimate or knowing anything about Drag Radials or drag racing.

Super Stock sucks....it's index racing....so who cares. You might think your faster than a unicorn 5th gen (whatever that is). but who really cares...your car is a full on race car. What et does your car run...the fastest index I see in Super Stock is 9.30 and I doubt that's you...so clearly you aren't faster than this unicorn.

Furthermore I know you can't turn the AC on in your Super stock and tool on down to the beach in your power leather seats, satellite radio while getting 15 mpg via your overdrive transmission and still be able to rip off low 9s if you need to.

As for getting under skin.....keep trying dude...so far you're coming up short......
I wasn't referring necessarily to you specifically, but you do keep replying....

Super Stock cars get down into the mid 8s for a SS/AX or SS/AS. Mine is 9.90s, 10.20s in hot/humid. Yes, it is index racing unless you are racing someone in the same subcategory. Would it be better if I raced Top Fuel, seems like that would be an even bigger disconnect from the "real world" of 5th gen supremacy....

And you are right that karts have nothing to do with drag racing, I was just saying that because I am really into racing for position, racing for money, racing for points, racing for real competition, rather than just taking my daily driver to the track. I much prefer having multiple specialized vehicles rather than a do it all compromise in every direction.

You are right, the race car has no AC (lol). That seems like a little bit of a stupid comparison. LG's race cars don't have AC either. Lingenfelter doesn't have AC. They are race cars. WTF?

Anyways, I have gone wild on plenty of street cars from POS Fox bodies to Corvettes, 4th gen camaros, etc. I am DETERMINED not to overmodify my 5th gen and just drive it around. Its not easy.... So far 16K miles in and I've only tuned it....No bolt ons.... Plus I got married in May and sure enough.....modifications make her frown.:( Oh well, it's worth it so far, I haven't had to give up my toys. Yet....

Mickey Thompsons....I like them.