Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 02-11-2016, 03:06 PM   #1
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
Gilbert, AZ area members...

Anyone have the following combination that I could hear?

1) Stock manifolds
2) HFCs
3) X-Pipe
4) Resonator and muffler delete

I did the HFCs (JBA) but it is not as much as the videos on the web led me to believe sound wise and I do not have the coin to pull the trigger on a full, LT through cat-back solution so I am looking to hear the above combination to see if that can scratch the itch until I can save the rest of the coin needed for the full install?

Much thanks in advance,
Sammy
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.

Last edited by PostNup; 02-11-2016 at 03:16 PM.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #2
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Just saw this..

Hey, sorry won't be much help with your request (stock with RotoFab intake, but installing Kooks LTH and HFC's in a few weeks), but just wanted to say hey, and will ask you about the DynoSteve tune after you have it onboard and have some miles on it. I had my Z06 tuned by NicD at Extreme Motorsports in Tempe, and was planning on heading back there after the header install, and later after a cam install, but am curious about using a tune obtained online.

Anyway, best of luck!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:12 AM   #3
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Hey,

First off, Congrats on the ride. Also on the tune from Nick D, from everything I hear he is the best tuner in this area. I was planning to use him when I was going to be able to have all of the intake and exhaust work done at the same time but ran into some health / financial issues so I've had to install things one at the time.

That being said, the reason I went with Steve was number one, his reputation for remote tuning and two, if you buy a part from him down the road he will update the tune for free as opposed to just a reduced fee for another dyno tune. After x-pipe and custom cat-back from Cordes Performance Racing in a couple of weeks, then it's headers and suspension.Down the road it will be time for heads and cam. At that time, it will definitely be a Nick D dyno tune for me. Just so you know, Nick D does all of the tunes for Cordes Performance Racing. If you're not familiar with those guys I would suggest swinging by the shop just to meet them and check things out. They're also closer than going all the way to Tempe being on Broadway between Alma School and Dobson.

I am not familiar with the shop in Tempe, but I do know the guys at Cordes Performance Racing in Mesa. They are hands down one of the best shops around and of the only ones that will put a wrench on my car. You will not find a more knowledgeable / professional / patient group of guys to deal with. They have a great reputation with several Chevy dealers in the area as well as building the fastest CTS V in the state at the last Arizona no fly zone.

I am around Power Road and Ray Road, what part of Gilbert are you from?
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:33 PM   #4
Quasar Z

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS
Hey guys, hope to see you around sometime. I have ARH longtubes with a full 3" exhaust and little bullet mufflers. It is louder than hell but my kids and wife love it. I will second the thoughts on Cordes...I went there to meet Joe and see the shop and it was very impressive. I live down off of Higley and Chandler Heights.
Quasar Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #5
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Hey OldDudesRule and Quasar,

I would love to meet and hang out with some other local Camaro owners (not limited to the C5) as well as Corvette and SS guys out there.

I am heading to Cordes on the fourth of March to whack from the resonator back and they are going to install an x-pipe and fabricate a 2 1/2" x-pipe back for me. I figure this should scratch the itch until I get headers from them in the summer... will probably need some mufflers then, but who knows? Staying 2 1/2" for awhile since I read it helps the TQ over a 3" system until you pushing serious HP.

Performance aside, my exhaust goals are to scare small children, old ladies and dogs... like my old LT1 did back in the late 90's

I do hang out at Cogburn's on Power and Ray from time to time so let's get some of the locals together and have a beer and burger.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #6
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
I'd say I look forward to seeing some of you guys around as well, but I drive a V6, and we know where that'll get us.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 08:37 PM   #7
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Yo Ghosted....

No judgement bro... this is a safe place.

Hell, I went from a low 12 second Formula to a 2004 Cavalier that I drove until May of '14. When that was totaled while my wife was driving it we got a '14 Cruze turbo.

It wasn't until our Audi started do die, and the GM Black Friday Event, was I even remotely able to get a 2 SS.

End of the day... I'm guessing I'm mid 13's at this altitude and crappy gas - but I know of TT6's running 11"s, so how can I judge

Old 02-20-2016, 05:01 PM   #8
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Hey guys!

Sorry, hadn't checked this thread in a while. Loud Pedal has done me great in the past with the Z06's, but I'd love to try Cordes and have read your thread reviewing them. May have them do my cam if I don't do it myself. Still got time left on the powertrain warranty, so I may wait on that. Just got my used Kooks and HFC's, so I'll be installing that soon.

I'm down by Chandler Heights and Greenfield (Greenfield Acres), so not too far from everyone. Just joined NASA a few months ago, and have done one HPDE track day with them, so if you all do, or would like to, let me know. Membership is cheap, and they are a great bunch. Might go out to Firebird with them on March 6th or 7th. It was a blast hammering away on the car!
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:07 PM   #9
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
hey postnup,

don't know anyone running stock mani's with HFC's, the expense is about 65-70% of the cost of going long tubes with hfc's which is 100% better performance/sound.

Also round the power/ray area (work in tempe though) and down with the flu recently...

Old Dude - Loud pedal closed quite awhile ago (unless they reopened and I hadn't heard).
Old 02-21-2016, 09:06 AM   #10
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Well Cordes Performance it is!! Based on the reviews I've read, I don't think that's gonna be breaking my heart. Thanks for the heads up.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Old 02-21-2016, 09:30 AM   #11
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Hey guys,

Thx for the replies.

I know with the LTs I but just got impatient. I was also weighing the potential warranty issues since it was a new. I'm over that now LOL!!! Going into CPR on 3/4 for resonated xpipe and cat back fabrication.

I will definitely look into NASA and hpde. Might be cool to watch and hang out. Definitely not ready to track it yet

Please let CPR I sent you their way!!!

Thx again

Old 02-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #12
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Thank you sir for the kind words!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
BrandonAZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Cooper and Chandler Area

Thought I would get in on this forum as well! I live in the South Chandler Area.

Picked up my 14 2ss l99 (I know, I know, but it's a commuter!) a few weeks ago. So far only Borla Catback and CAI is in the mail from Dynosteve. Looking to do headers sooner than later, but waiting for a super good deal.

Let me know if anyone is down for a C5 meet up.
BrandonAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:12 PM   #14
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Put something together and if I'm in town I'll swing by.