Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
yellow1

Drives: 1SS 6 SPD
Traded in my Challenger RT yesterday for Yellow 1SS

Here are my thoughts..

I am a car addict, first of all. I like to have the latest and greatest car.
A year ago I had a smart car, I sold that about 4 months later and bought a v6 challenger, I drove that about 4 months, then decided I needed the Hemi Challenger, so I bought an Rt. I knew I would only have the Rt a few months, since I ordered a Camaro in October.

Since I picked up the camaro, I love the look of the car but I find that I miss several things about my challenger.

1) the challenger is way bigger inside
2) the challenger has a nicer, softer ride
3) the challenger sits up higher, the camaro feels like my butt is sitting on the road
4) the challenger had a meaner, louder exhaust note to it. My neighbor used to hear me pull in the garage nightly, now he doesnt even hear me.
5) both the challenger and the camaro had the upgraded boston acoustics sound system and the challengers sounded way better.
6) the piece of plastic that goes from the drivers side window down to the dash board on the interior was popped out when i picked the car up, they popped it back in but it popped out again today when I was driving down the freeway and hit a tiny lil bump

ok thats it for my complaints about the camaro
the camaro seems to be a quicker car, but I havent been on it too hard, waiting for it to be broken in more.
I guess I just need to get used to it, I am sure it will grow on me.
yellow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #2
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow1 View Post
Here are my thoughts..

A year ago I had a smart car, I sold that about 4 months later and bought a v6 challenger, I drove that about 4 months, then decided I needed the Hemi Challenger, so I bought an Rt. I knew I would only have the Rt a few months, since I ordered a Camaro in October.

Since I picked up the camaro, I love the look of the car but I find that I miss several things about my challenger.

3) the challenger sits up higher, the camaro feels like my butt is sitting on the road
4) the challenger had a meaner, louder exhaust note to it. My neighbor used to hear me pull in the garage nightly, now he doesnt even hear me.
5) both the challenger and the camaro had the upgraded boston acoustics sound system and the challengers sounded way better.
6) the piece of plastic that goes from the drivers side window down to the dash board on the interior was popped out when i picked the car up, they popped it back in but it popped out again today when I was driving down the freeway and hit a tiny lil bump

the camaro seems to be a quicker car, but I havent been on it too hard, waiting for it to be broken in more.
I have solution for exhaust............. Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Corsa.............
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
It's actually good to hear a real comparison between the 2, not by a magazine or anything like that, but by real people.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Quote:
Here are my thoughts..

IT WILL GROW ON YOU.HAVE FUN PLUS THERES A LOT OF CHALLENGERS OUT THERE. NOW YOUR IN ONE OFTHE MOST BAD ASS CAR OUT THEREI DO LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE CHALLENGER BUT I AM A CHEVY GUY THIS IS MY FOURTH CAMARO AND I AM PICKING HER UP SATURDAY.
SSRS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #5
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Smart car to V6 to hemi to Camaro, that just doesn't seem right. Are you paying cash for these? I would think if not the negative equity would seriously be killing you each time. I almost want to call but I give you benefit of the doubt.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #6
LDGn63

Drives: WNABEE
Dude. Do you have a money tree? ;-)
that means that the mirror is 38.75% the size of the vertical windshield...
it sure seems like the ratio could be better... just sayin....

our collective MIRROR patch:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24612
LDGn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #7
67camaro99
Account Suspended

Drives: 67, 69, 99 +2010
The Challenger IS a bigger car, so it SHOULD feel Bigger, ride smoother... sit higher... bla bla bla...
Seriously, your thread is ummm shall I say.... not full of info?
67camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:59 PM   #8
2010cantwait
not waiting anymore

Drives: vehicles
If the Challenger is so great then why did you get rid of it????
Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #9
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Here are my thoughts..

I noticed the same things about the interior when I drove the Chally vs the Camaro.. I liked the feel of the Chally interior a lot better. With that said I like the looks of the Camaro better so I will still get my Camaro. It is troubling to hear yet another person saying the Boston Acoustics in the Camaro is not as good as the BA in the Chally.. Oh well.. oo late now to take it off since I ordered it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
It's actually good to hear a real comparison between the 2, not by a magazine or anything like that, but by real people.
word
Old 06-16-2009, 11:03 PM   #10
HeldonSS

Drives: GM all the way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010cantwait View Post
If the Challenger is so great then why did you get rid of it????
Because he had it for a few months and the new car smell was gone..............
#15519-SOLD
2002 Camaro 35th ann. SS-6spd
1997 Camaro 30th ann. Z conv.
1968 Camaro RS/SS 396/375 HP Super Chevy R/u
1967 Camaro RS conv. 5.7 Vortec
1967 Chevy II Super Chevy Winner
1970 GMC Sierra Grande 1 Prior owner
1972 C-10 454, 2-4's Super Chevy Winner-SOLD
1990 454 SS 26,000 miles Super Chevy Winner
1991 GMC Syclone #170 of 2998
2003 Silverado SS-SOLD 2015 Chevy Suburban 2009 Silverado 2500 HD 2008 Corvette conv.
HeldonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:07 PM   #11
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:

Woohoo!!
The old '71 felt like that. Legs stretched out, sitting low to the ground.
Ya kinda 'bonded' with the road.
Ya know?!

Can't wait for mine!!

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #12
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
forget the challenger/camaro comparison...let's get to the smart car/camaro comparison!

If those are 'win' points...

I've got an old caddy for you...and I've disconnected the exhaust at the headers...

1) the caddy is way bigger inside (ok...this may be a stretch...only the Queen Mary is bigger than the challenger)
2) the caddy has a nicer, softer ride
3) the caddy sits up higher
4) the caddy had a ridiculously loud exhaust note to it. My neighbors ears will bleed. (oh...and does your SO know have a man crush on your neighbor? I'm guessing you must as his approval of your exhaust note number 4 our your list of important car points)
5) the caddy will have an AC Delco radio that will blow your mind...ok....maybe not...but you can play 8 tracks!
6) ALL kinds of stuff will pop of when you hit a tiny lil bump...so, caddy doesn't win here...

LOL...I'm just pulling your leg a bit....all in good fun...

How long do you plan on keeping the Camaro? i'm sure there's more than I few guys on here that would appreciate you taking the depreciation hit for them...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #13
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
The problem w the rougher ride in the camaro is all that debt draggin behind you lol j/k
Old 06-16-2009, 11:57 PM   #14
bcudm

Drives: 2010 camaro 1LT RJT
My buddy has a challenger and I love it... but my camaro is tighter and more nimble... i feel more like I am part of the car than I do with the challenger... I don't care about sound systems... I love the challenger and it is a great highway car... but the camaro is a bit more badass and garners a bit bit more respect and attention as it is newer.. both are great cars... niether as as common as a mustang... and both will get you smiles and nods and waves and kisses.. but I'm a fan of my camaro over the challenger... it's personal preference really... this is a great time cuz the three greatest muscle cars are back and stronger than ever.. God bless American muscle... **I'm drunk**
bcudm is offline   Reply With Quote