Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #155
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScott View Post
I will not buy a Camaro unless it comes with a blown V8. If no blower, then I buy an '09 Corvette, and quit my bitchin'.
+1, except for the corvette part. and the no blower part.... Ah, Hell. I'll probably buy one anyway....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:17 PM   #156
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Regarding my post about accessories and customization parts, I would like the emphasize performance parts moreso than appearance; although I am liking what shots we've seen of the appearance parts. If I can't afford the top-of-the-line car, I'd like to be able to build my car up to something similar. For example, a supercharger kit, or even an upgrade, to something like the LS9's supercharger, would be bad @$$.

Thanks.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs

Last edited by radz28; 04-01-2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: clarification
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #157
Rich

Drives: 2003 mustang cobra
Some people don't like superchargers plus a blower will increase the price. If you want a blower put on an after market one. it will get more HP anyway. Especially the LS3 that thing can take some serious upgrades without hurting the engine. Just give me 430 HP naturally aspirated and then you can sup it up the way you want it.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:29 PM   #158
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Some people don't like superchargers plus a blower will increase the price. If you want a blower put on an after market one. it will get more HP anyway. Especially the LS3 that thing can take some serious upgrades without hurting the engine. Just give me 430 HP naturally aspirated and then you can sup it up the way you want it.
Fair point, Blowers aren't for everyone.

But We're mostly referring to the top dog HiPo version of the Camaro. I think in light of the CTS-V and ZR1 we can make a claim that a Blower should be an option.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #159
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
I’ll try to just do a list focusing on what might be doable at this stage of development (some of these will have been mentioned already):
x100. Agreed with 100% of what you said.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #160
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
-Stay away from the LS9 engine. You already hurt the integrity of the ZR1 by putting the same engine in a passenger car that's going to sell for about half the price (2009 CTS-V). The 6.2L LS3 would be good enough. Maybe even the LS7 (Z06) motor would be great for the SS.
the rest of your post, thats opinions. However, calling the LS9 the same engine as the LSA is almost as justified as calling it an LS3. I get caught up in these little things. the LS9 has a different supercharger and makes 70+ more hp, among other differances. In fact, I think the LSA is going to replace the LS7. I could be wrong
And although the LS7 isn't likely for the Camaro, I'd really like to see it in a ZL-1.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #161
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
E85, E85, E85!!! Please use a flex-fuel engine in as many of the different models as possible...esp. a V-8 flex engine.

sorry to make a second post, keep thinking of other ideas...
Old 04-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #162
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
sorry to make a second post, keep thinking of other ideas...
That was the intention of starting this thread so early. Keep 'em coming!
Old 04-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #163
Rich

Drives: 2003 mustang cobra
One thing I forgot to mention in my earlyer post. If it is going to be a AFM engine hopefully the (LS3). Make a button (on/off) switch for it. Just like the traction control. A LS3 with AFM would be great for those long drives to hot august nites in Reno. But for those short drives down the track it would be nice to turn it off with a button. I'm sure predator tuner will make a (on/off) switch but then you need to plug it in. A button on the dash would be outstanding.
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #164
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
the rest of your post, thats opinions. However, calling the LS9 the same engine as the LSA is almost as justified as calling it an LS3. I get caught up in these little things. the LS9 has a different supercharger and makes 70+ more hp, among other differances. In fact, I think the LSA is going to replace the LS7. I could be wrong
And although the LS7 isn't likely for the Camaro, I'd really like to see it in a ZL-1.
That is what I'm thinking.

I think I too have read that the LSA or LS8 will be replacing the LS7, which I'm fine with. The LS9 is a lot more different than the LSA, as I'm sure many people have already read: different S/C, oil squirters for the pistons, forged pistons, different intercooler, different head bolts, etc. It makes more boost than LSA does also. I wonder what power it ends up with though, since it makes peak power at redline (which I suspect would continue to rise if you were to raise fuel cutoff at 7000.)

Anyhow, I'm only suggesting a SC powerplant for the top of the line, not the base.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #165
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
One thing I forgot to mention in my earlyer post. If it is going to be a AFM engine hopefully the (LS3). Make a button (on/off) switch for it. Just like the traction control. A LS3 with AFM would be great for those long drives to hot august nites in Reno. But for those short drives down the track it would be nice to turn it off with a button.
The AFM feature has no chance of activating under those conditions. I don't know if this is a common misconception, or what...but AFM really only works when you're out on the highway cruising.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:44 PM   #166
Warghost

Drives: Camaros & Mustangs
The list looks GREAT, and I can honestly say that I agree with almost every item on the list. Thanks for compiling everything. Let's hope GM agrees, listens, and can make an affordable car implementing all of these suggestions.
Warghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #167
warbird81

Drives: 1995 camaro, 2005 sts
im more of an exterior guy. i like the fact that the mules have the duel headlights, it sets it's self apart from the mustang. the only difference i would suggest is that you make one of the lights bigger with the smaller light just to the inside. keep the lights projection style or led. im partial to the light set up on the cadillac sts 2005 and up only because i have one. and put some chrome in the light housing like the sts. other than that i know you guys will make a ground pounder.
warbird81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:20 PM   #168
dcart1

Drives: 2007 silverado
keep tires same except on ss or z. 5pt racing harness option for ss or z!
dcart1 is offline   Reply With Quote