Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #561
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
My Z Dog gave me two thumbs up on everything about it. Is ready to go cruisin. What color would she look best in?
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:10 PM   #562
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I'll believe it when someone takes the car down the track "open" pipe and then closed and compares the results. Those with LS3 cars who have replaced their mufflers with straight pipe aren't seeing any difference performance wise so why should this?
No offense but these are two different cars. Two different engines, one forced induction and one not. Plus the exhaust is tuned differently ahead of the mufflers I'm sure. You can't assume that what went for the LS3 SS will hold true for this car.

Not saying you're wrong to have a wait-and-see attitude, just that you can't compare the two. Some cars get huge gains from changing mufflers, if the stock mufflers are a major restriction. With a blown car, that's certainly a possibility.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #563
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Love the new ZL1! Looks hot, great motor with the internals to support the horses over the long term. I even like the new steering wheel. Wish they had stuck with a SS style suspension. I am betting it would cut 6-8 K from the retail price. My gut thinks it will be priced well outside of what camaro pricing should be. If the price gets within 10 K of the lowest priced base model vette. It won't sell.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #564
Texzen

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS/1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I GOTTA START SAVING!!!
No kidding...making double payments from here on out.
Texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #565
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
That "feature" might be a sound thing but when you listen to GM people talk, they will never state publicly that it does anything to improve performance (reduce back pressure). Look at this picture - this "feature" is just another pipe into the muffler chamber.
No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viz View Post
They will actually state all day long that it does add to the performance. When the vacuum actuator opens the other pipe, it diverts exhaust flow through an unbaffled route in the muffler opening up flow when it is optimally needed.
This.

Quote:
I'll believe it when someone takes the car down the track "open" pipe and then closed and compares the results. Those with LS3 cars who have replaced their mufflers with straight pipe aren't seeing any difference performance wise so why should this?
I didn't know that nobody was noticing things...I actually thought they were when axlebacks were installed.

In any event...it releases 6hp from the Corvette LS3...so I defer to that example. We'll likely never know on the ZL1 how much in contributes because it is standard equipment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Especially with the Magnetic Ride Suspension.
Definitely a big part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9c1ny View Post
all you guys are bitching about this and that now but in the months to come I can see all the threads-

"Will a Z28 steering wheel fit on my SS?"

"Can I add the bi-mode exhaust to my car?"

ect ect ect ect
I agree.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #566
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
GM really pulled one over on a lot of folks with this model name.

I've been reading this blog for an year and a half and can't say how many folks said they were "holding off" buying an SS and waiting for the "Z28". Guess they can wait another year or two.

Price, it's gotta be at least $55K with all the performance and body upgrades. Probably more like $60k. Will people buy it? Heck yeah. Callaway, SLP and the other shops have had no problem selling their cars from $60 - $112K. If they keep this under $60k it will be a hot seller.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #567
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Im in LOVE..
Old 02-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #568
htron50

Remember What Ed Wellburn stated in Chicago:

"MOST POWERFUL
MOST HIGH TECH
HIGHEST PERFORMING Camaro in Brand's history.
Elite, Exclusive, Legendary, Mythical Status, Pinnacle of performance;"Coolers on Engine, Transmission, AND Differential!"
This is it in a nutshell. You have a gem here.

And, Road and Track magazine states the LS9 could easily be expected to be made an option:
here it is on their YouTube review.. at very end. Still 1 YR till release!!

Last edited by htron50; 02-10-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #569
htron50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Callaway, SLP and the other shops have had no problem selling their cars from $60 - $112K. If they keep this under $60k it will be a hot seller.
I think they may start to have a problem soon! Imagine how may dealer shops you can get warranty service in compared to trying to get your vehicle back to one of the above mentioned!!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #570
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
well i was seriously thinking of doing a twin-turbo for my V6 but with all you LS3 SS guys trading up to this i'll just try and grab a good used SS instead this is one nice car but out of my price range for sure...

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #571
n!ght r!der
That Guy

Drives: really good
I like the ZL1 name. Its bangin!
n!ght r!der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #572
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I heard MINIMUM 550 hp during the webchat. I did not hear that LS9 would not be an optional upgrade. HMMMMMMM ???? Now that would give the ZL1 a little higher tag close to $60 for those of you with bucks to spare..........
60K for a LS9 Camaro?!?! That would never happen.Closer to 90K.......
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #573
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
"MOST POWERFUL
MOST HIGH TECH
HIGHEST PERFORMING Camaro in Brand's history.
Elite, Exclusive, Legendary, Mythical Status, Pinnacle of performance;"Coolers on Engine, Transmission, AND Differential!"
This is it in a nutshell. You have a gem here.

And, Road and Track magazine states the LS9 could easily be expected to be made an option:
here it is on their YouTube review.. at very end. Still 1 YR till release!!

Yeah, these guys know about as much as my 3 year old niece. The Z/28, if and when it is produced, will not have a 600+ hp LS9.

Where do they get these people?
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #574
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
Two really picky (curious) questions:

Where does water go when it passes through the hood louvres? It looked like it is designed to channel forward and to the right. But then where? Detail the engine with every wash?

How is the suede going to look on the steering wheel and other places after some use? I know for sure that my palms would be sweating every time I drove this bad boy.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote