Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #43
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbe View Post
How hard was it to debadge? Did you just use a fishing line on the rear bowtie? Did you do the front bowtie as well? I really want to get rid of my bowtie's
Not sure on how to do the front removal short of the new grill, but the rear is easy.

Some 3M Adhesive remover works well on the residue/glue left over. Go slow, use a sawing motion toward the emblem away from the paint with dental floss or fishing line. You will have left over tape/glue to remove. Microfiber and adhesive remover worked great for me.

afterwards, clay the area and then re-wax that whole back tail/trunk area to ensure you have good coverage. Step back and enjoy!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #44
1BadAssSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I have seen them with fuses in #8 on almost all the 2013+ cars I have helped guys work on. Even those without NPP. Guess since they body and electronics come separate from the chassis with the exhaust just easier to have a fuse in there if needed.
Is it #8 under in the engine compartment?
1BadAssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #45
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
To be honest OP, I would be happy that I didnt order the Npp. You can just spend that money to get an aftermarket exhaust of your liking.

Most of us, de-activate the Npp anyway...
Old 06-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #46
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
I love the NPP, go find another equal for less money plus installation cost. I also love that I can turn it open and turn it off for highway cruising and no drone.

Yep salesman and dealers are not honest or very knowledgable, shocker. That is why I ordered mine as well and ignored the sales chick. Because they didn't even know you could get recaro's. After my car came in they started ordering cars with recaro's. They had new ZL1's on the lot without recaro's DOH!

Pulling the fuse and thinking it sounds louder is the placebo effect. Funny enough at cars and coffee guys were doing this to V6 camaros and SS non-npp all excited how much better there cars sound. Days I wish I wasn't a camaro owner.

Congrats on the purchase, at least you bought a 1LE. Think of the guys who bought a SS and added the 1LE suspension only believing they have a real 1LE. That is gotta hurt, paid $1200 for 1LE suspension when they could of spent $3500 and got wheels, Z28 transmission, suspension, tranny cooler, 3.91 gears, flat bottom steering wheel, upgraded shifter, splitter, ZL1 spoiler, hood decal.

DOH!!!
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #47
ozzy1le

Drives: 2015 camaro 1le
Very true. There is always a worse situation possible.
ozzy1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #48
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
I love the NPP, go find another equal for less money plus installation cost. I also love that I can turn it open and turn it off for highway cruising and no drone.

Yep salesman and dealers are not honest or very knowledgable, shocker. That is why I ordered mine as well and ignored the sales chick. Because they didn't even know you could get recaro's. After my car came in they started ordering cars with recaro's. They had new ZL1's on the lot without recaro's DOH!

Pulling the fuse and thinking it sounds louder is the placebo effect. Funny enough at cars and coffee guys were doing this to V6 camaros and SS non-npp all excited how much better there cars sound. Days I wish I wasn't a camaro owner.

Congrats on the purchase, at least you bought a 1LE. Think of the guys who bought a SS and added the 1LE suspension only believing they have a real 1LE. That is gotta hurt, paid $1200 for 1LE suspension when they could of spent $3500 and got wheels, Z28 transmission, suspension, tranny cooler, 3.91 gears, flat bottom steering wheel, upgraded shifter, splitter, ZL1 spoiler, hood decal.

DOH!!!
The NPP is a great option, hence why I got it, but it is not necessarily the best cat back exhaust out there, not by a long shot. It all really depends on the owner's needs.

Pulling the fuse is done for a reason. To disable the flaps being closed to 3,500 (when not in WOT). It is not placeebo, it makes the car louder while cruising around. It works.

1LE is not a special vehicle (like the ZL1 or Z28), it is just an option. A pretty kickass option (best value for the money I have ever seen on a vehicle), but still only an option.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:36 PM   #49
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post

Pulling the fuse is done for a reason. To disable the flaps being closed to 3,500 (when not in WOT). It is not placeebo, it makes the car louder while cruising around. It works.
It is if you do not own a NPP on a camaro and you believe pulling the fuse made it louder.

I stated NON-NPP in my original post.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 03:08 PM   #50
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
It is if you do not own a NPP on a camaro and you believe pulling the fuse made it louder.

I stated NON-NPP in my original post.
Got you.

Not sure how anyone could ever think that pulling a fuse would ever affect a regular non NPP exhaust. That had to be funny to watch/hear.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:13 PM   #51
SASQUATCHelvis

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Clean car! Congrats!
SASQUATCHelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #52
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadAssSS View Post
Is it #8 under in the engine compartment?
No. Trunk. See: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=268970
Old 06-23-2015, 05:47 PM   #53
1BadAssSS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ28 View Post
Thanks!
1BadAssSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:29 AM   #54
7171tk

Drives: 2017 1SS I LE
Just look at window sticker