Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #43
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
I don't know about all that. But they are pretty scary...

Simi Valley's pretty far from LA, but it has it's share of thugs. Most of them are white boys with bandannas and bro trucks...

Revo better learn your geography! Simi is 14 miles from the LA City limits. BTW..Simi is not hicksville. 1 in 7 families here in Simi are either cops are firefighters (from LA). There are more legal gun toting concealed weapons here (Safest City in America title many years consecutive). Not as many trucks as BMRs, Mercedes, Cadillacs. Average house has 3 cars. One of the highest income per capita cities in the State based on population. My office is 60 miles away by the OC county line. I drive through Boyle Heights on surface streets when the freeways are jammed. I hear guns going off (including shotguns) all the time in city limits.

Do I carry? I will let that be my secret. Come visit a hick and find out.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #44
Darth Detroit

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/2SS-Fully Loaded
Just had the cutest Mazda flash his brights at me out od spite. It was sooo cute!! Little car wanting to be BIG MUSCLE car!
Darth Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:28 PM   #45
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Revo better learn your geography! Simi is 14 miles from the LA City limits. BTW..Simi is not hicksville.
I get it... by technicality MAYBE... if you consider San Fernando or Van Nuys to be Los Angeles.

TECHNICALLY - The City of Los Angeles owns land hundreds of miles away from "The Greater Los Angeles Area".

But the way I see it... if your driver's license doesn't have your name and "Los Angeles, CA" under it, you don't live in Los Angeles.

Simi Valley is hicksville for the fact that it's so far away, and it's hardly a destination that people sit at home and plan weekend trips to.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #46
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
Although this thread seems to be taking a bit of a dark turn......

I too have noticed that this car just brings out weird behavior from other drivers....mostly small cars and mini-vans. It makes me laugh most of the time, but sometimes they do get really aggressive. and then they make me nervous. I don't know if they are trying to get me to "show off" my horsepower, or if seeing my car just "inspires" them to drive more aggresively in theirs, but it happens a LOT. I see at least one every day.
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #47
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'm going to present another possibility here. I'm not saying the OP did this, but I know I've done this...and I'm sure others here have as well.

Let's say I'm driving down the road, and following the rules of the road. Say I'm in the right lane, and there's a merge. Everyone is doing the zipper, but some douchebag decides to pass on the right to get by everyone who just merged or is in the process merging. Or, maybe it's the guy driving in the left lane that isn't pulling over. Or maybe it's the guy who didn't look when changing lanes and almost hit you.

Well...I know that's happened to me, and I might follow the guy for a while to eventually give him the bird.

I'm not saying the OP did this for sure, but sometimes there is a reason that someone flips you the bird...and you may not remember why.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:49 PM   #48
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
Hmm, sounds less like harassment than it does ENTRAPMENT.
What? hahahahaha what!?

Do you know what entrapment is?
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:44 AM   #49
alrox

Drives: corvette
I don't see why a thread that has even theoretical threats of murder in it still exists.
alrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #50
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
I commute on the highway 100 miles a day and over the last 10 years have experienced alot of idiots on the road. one of the best things to do to tailgaters is to blast them with windshield washer fluid. at one point i had contemplated rigging up an extra spray nozzle on the bumper of my truck and a reservoir of used motor oil. hit them with that and let the fun begin. the initial reaction would be to hit the wipers and we all know how that would look.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:06 AM   #51
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
If any thread on these forums could use some aroma therapy candles and a big honkin' cup of "RELAX" it's this one

I understand why the actions of many "drivers" (we're loosly using this term) get folks here riled up and frustrated or angry, but ultimately it's irrelevent. Having grown up contending with all manner of glory-hounding and impulse control issues...I was one of the yutzes who'd chase someone down who pulled the very crap being described here and drag them out of their car to "educate them" (remember mom and dad saying you never know who could be in the other car? I was the person they were talking about sadly). Seemed justified years ago, now it's just embarrassing having old friends remind me of that behavior. As you attain more wisdom through age and experience (one can only hope) you realize that some folks just have really terrible days or unhappy lives. Maybe the person shadowing you just got dumped or their spouse is cheating on them. Maybe someone they loved died or their job is insane and they feel very frustrated and lost. Point is, let it pass...sure they are driving dangerously behaving as they do but let it slide and it'll be history in no time and you'll be the better person for it. Might even save their (or someone else's) life if we don't escalate an already bad situation ya know?

I will mention one possible caveat to the "let if roll of ya" idea, and that is the rare person(s) who are deliberately trying to "connect" with you in traffic or directly trying to harm you using a vehicle (or jump out of said vehicle...you get the idea). If you can NOT get away or put yourself in a safe situation, wreck them as long as there is no chance of causing harm to innocents and immediately contact the authorities. Ultimately it's about you being safe and trying to protect others from miscreants such as this.

All the talk about guns is foolish. Sure it's there to protect you, but if you can't get away from danger in your car you're doing it wrong

Eh, wordy but ya'll get the idea.
Ravener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #52
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperH View Post
So, tonight, I was driving my Camaro. There was this guy who raced up behind me in a Volvo, and started following me as I changed lanes. With each lane change, he flashed his lights at me. I kept changing lanes, and he kept following me.

I zig-zagged back and forth about twenty times in two blocks; he pulled up alongside me and flipped the bird. Why? I put my window down, and asked what was wrong, with phrasing, "Sir, what have I done?" he put his windows down, I reiterated the question, and he flipped the bird again, cranked up his music, and then made his turn and drove off. He never muttered a single word.

It's a good thing I wasn't in Indiana where I grew up. I might have grabbed *insert weapon of choice* and blew his f***ing head off. "Officer, I was threatened." Personal protection is well regarded in my homeland! HK 45s fit very well in the Camaro's glove compartment.

These kind of things irritate me, because you never know why people do this stuff; they just do it. Any thoughts as to why? Jealousy? Hatred toward the car? He drove a fairly nice Volvo S60. I cannot see why there would be jealousy.

He was an Indian/Arabic man in his early to middle 40s. That kind of behavior I would not expect from a guy like him. It completely caught me off-guard.
So, you are willing to kill someone that gives you "the finger"? I doubt it. Just laugh and keep driving. Always remember that the stranger in the other car could be a seiral killer.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #53
chasgotti

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
I had my car for about 2 weeks and it was egged.

Haters gonna hate!!!
chasgotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #54
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
best thing to do out on the highway is go about your business like they dont exist. anything you do other than that plays into their hands and you are now their beech. if you dont play their game, then the more they do, the sillier they look.
and to all you tuff gun guys, how are all you guys still alive and out of jail as much gun play as you are around. stop talking tuff. you all would probably run if gun play started just like the rest of us would. are you trying to convince us or yourself how tuff you are. unless you are willing to take another persons life, that gun is more trouble than its worth to you. especially with the egos that seems to go with the guns.
i know ill get slammed for saying that about the guns but its really getting old everyone always acting like they are rambo. ive been around/shot all types of guns all my life. i still own several guns and still hunt a few times a year. packing heat around in your muscle car is more for your ego than it is for protection. all this is my opinion and if yours differs, thats ok.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:30 AM   #55
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Revo better learn your geography! Simi is 14 miles from the LA City limits. BTW..Simi is not hicksville. 1 in 7 families here in Simi are either cops are firefighters (from LA). There are more legal gun toting concealed weapons here (Safest City in America title many years consecutive). Not as many trucks as BMRs, Mercedes, Cadillacs. Average house has 3 cars. One of the highest income per capita cities in the State based on population. My office is 60 miles away by the OC county line. I drive through Boyle Heights on surface streets when the freeways are jammed. I hear guns going off (including shotguns) all the time in city limits.

Do I carry? I will let that be my secret. Come visit a hick and find out. [/COLOR]
Spent PLENTY of time in both Simi, and downtown LA. Believe me, I know exactly where Simi Sits, and it's no South Central...

Simi has plenty of money, which is why you see all these 50/60k 'bro' trucks runnin around. It's not that they're rednecks.

I like how in your first statement, you try and make Simi out to be all thuggish ruggish, where Ese's will pop you without provocation, then proceed to brag about what a rich and police-laden city Simi is... I'm not tryin to stir anything up, just makin an observation. I do know where you're coming from though- I grew up in Granada Hills/Northridge, (about 15 minutes down the 118 from you, and hardly LA) so I'm not from LA either. Bit if anyone in Central CA asks where I grew up, it's much easier to just say LA.

Hardly any reason to carry in Simi Valley tho man. Just sayin. Drivin thru Boyle Heights to get to work however, I'd keep my head down as well. That drive must take you 2 hours if you work in the morning dude, that sux.....

If you must know, Simi is closer to 41 miles from LA. Just another observation.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp

Last edited by Revo1; 11-15-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #56
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
bro trucks... black socks... pink bandanas covering their receding hairlines... "star" tattoos on their elbows... and a bunch of other tattoos that you just cannot tell what the hell they are.
Bingo, Greasy knows who I'm referring to...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote