Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-13-2014, 08:39 PM   #29
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
My clutch pedal dropped yesterday on me twice. I had to pull the pedal up by hand to get going. Dealer is changing out the clutch pedal assembly. Nothing wrong with fluid or clutch itself, I could see this as a possible issue some of you see having. What caused it to go bad, nit sure yet.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.

Last edited by toehead93; 11-13-2014 at 08:59 PM.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:33 AM   #30
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADR01T View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I've been following your build thread and all of the oil cooler\temp gauge back-and-forth. Thanks for being a test mule for the rest of us. No more derailing; PM sent.

The clutch issue has been a hot topic, it seems, since the cars were released back in 09'. I see people have left it stock and no issues, other did the separate reservoir and that helped, and those in both camps have experienced issues with soft-pedal as well. I know that Lingenfelter markets an upgraded spring because they claim the stock pedal is soft too... This is one of those things I chalk up to personal extrapolation. Goldilocks and the three bears stuff. Regardless I never want to have to worry about getting a soft pedal on the track. I'm going to be content with the Tick bleeder and shared clutch/brake reservoir until I experience issues. Bleeding it with the same Motul I use for the brakes and keeping the shared fluid clean should be more than adequate for my needs.
I agree, and I'm doing the same (except the bleeder; wish I had it). For those of you who have the separate clutch reservoir, please note, GM factory-fills clutch reservoir with DOT4 fluid. When they flushed my Corvette's, the car had to wait for a day since they run out of their 'special' DOT4 fluid : P
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #31
Balue

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
My clutch pedal dropped yesterday on me twice. I had to pull the pedal up by hand to get going. Dealer is changing out the clutch pedal assembly. Nothing wrong with fluid or clutch itself, I could see this as a possible issue some of you see having. What caused it to go bad, nit sure yet.
That is pretty much my exact situation. the pedal just drops and need to pull it up and pump it. They ordered an assembly for me to.
Balue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:52 AM   #32
Balue

Got mine back last night finally! They installed an upgraded pedal assembly and bled the system. Clutch feels noticeably firmer now and good. Now time to finally clean her up from the event and get all that rubber off her! lol
Old 11-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #33
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balue View Post
Got mine back last night finally! They installed an upgraded pedal assembly and bled the system. Clutch feels noticeably firmer now and good. Now time to finally clean her up from the event and get all that rubber off her! lol
What is "Upgraded" on the new pedal assembly? The return spring?
Old 11-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #34
Balue

Yes feel firmer also doesn't match the other pedals now. It's silver with black rubber strips. BUT this morning it started doing the same with pedal not fully returning to top!!!!!
Old 11-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #35
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Yes feel firmer also doesn't match the other pedals now. It's silver with black rubber strips. BUT this morning it started doing the same with pedal not fully returning to top!!!!!
It's because its not the pedal. It's the master clutch cylinder.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #36
Nick S

Quote:
Sounds like they just ordered you a Z/28 or ZL1 pedal.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #37
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
It's because its not the pedal. It's the master clutch cylinder.
I would agree. Sounds more like an issue in the hydraulic system which a new pedal is not really going to fix. All the pedal does is push on the clutch master cylinder. The pedal cannot fix issues inside the hydraulic system.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #38
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
So after my baby being at the dealer all last week finally got her back. The clutch master was leaking so they replaced it.I finally got to drive her and under spirited driving and downshifting my clutch pedal went away and stayed on the floor, as Balue and Toehead93, i had to use my foot to raise the pedal. So i just got back from dropping her off and now round two
Old 11-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #39
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
So after my baby being at the dealer all last week finally got her back. The clutch master was leaking so they replaced it.I finally got to drive her and under spirited driving and downshifting my clutch pedal went away and stayed on the floor, as Balue and Toehead93, i had to use my foot to raise the pedal. So i just got back from dropping her off and now round two
They need to replace the slave cylinder. Once it gets over-contaminated, it never gets as good as before.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #40
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Bummer Mark, sorry to hear you're having this issue. I left my setup stock, probably 16 hard track days and no issues. I bleed often.

PS- New engine is in, getting ready for the maiden voyage. Hoping to go to Laguna Seca the Friday after Thanksgiving. This will be the first time back on the track, so I'm gonna go slow and watch oil pressure, temperature, 02 sensors, Etc. $200 with the NorCal Shelby Club, join me if you can.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #41
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
They need to replace the slave cylinder. Once it gets over-contaminated, it never gets as good as before.
Thanks, im bringing this to their attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Bummer Mark, sorry to hear you're having this issue. I left my setup stock, probably 16 hard track days and no issues. I bleed often.

PS- New engine is in, getting ready for the maiden voyage. Hoping to go to Laguna Seca the Friday after Thanksgiving. This will be the first time back on the track, so I'm gonna go slow and watch oil pressure, temperature, 02 sensors, Etc. $200 with the NorCal Shelby Club, join me if you can.
Hey Todd long time. Glad to hear your engine issue is over, i wish i could make Laguna, but no tires, money, etc.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #42
Balue

Yes I agree on the slave cylinder as well. This is what I said from the beginning but they are going by their book and GM authorization. My buddy is friends with the service manager where I go so I am going to pull that card tomorrow and go straight to him. Going to ask them to just go in and replace them both. May also try and pick up a new clutch and have them throw it in since they will need to drop tranny for this.

This is the new pedal set up