Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-02-2010, 06:57 PM   #15
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I like the use of the word "uglified."

It is stupid that they even attach a 'model' to these cars at all. Just call em Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Rice... oops, i mean Toyota. Leave it at that, or actually revert back to true Stock Car racing
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #16
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post

It is stupid that they even attach a 'model' to these cars at all. Just call em Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge, Rice... oops, i mean Toyota. Leave it at that, or actually revert back to true Stock Car racing
The Challenger looks better than I thought it would.. As for the Mustang though...
Old 07-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #17
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebighar View Post
nascar ratings are going down the toilet anyway, does anyone watch that anymore. I used to but with all the changes it's boring as hell.
You are right, ratings are down, but don't kid yourself. NASCAR racing is HUGE.
Ratings are down because they got away from many things, not the least of which is the cars are nothing like stock cars. I know many of you don't like the new look and don't want the Camaro butchered. I agree, but this is a START in the right direction to get NASCAR back to where they belong. Chevrolet needs to be a part of it. As far as Grand AM racing. HELL YEAH, that Continental Series is KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #18
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
actually revert back to true Stock Car racing
Race on Sunday, Sell on Monday... I liked Nascar when I was a kid, now it just seems too homogenized, everything is the same and there is not as much "racing".

Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #19
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
All i know is i don't really watch nascar like i used to, i saw a race this year for a few minutes and the stands were empty, i never saw that in the years i was watching. The cars also look nothing like anything for sale these days and i remember the win on sunday...sell on monday deal but those days are over.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #20
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Tonight at Daytona International Speedway the car manufacturers get to 'debut' their new bodies that will be used next year & the race itself tonight in the Nationwide Series.
Ford has changed to the Mustang, Dodge has changed to the Challenger, and Chevy has......wait...the Impala. Yes the same old Impala body that they've been using.
What a golden opportunity this would have been to showcase the Camaro against the Mustang & Challenger almost every week in front of thousands of people plus the many thousands in the TV audience.
That does not make any sense at all.

GM is way behind in their marketing ideas!
Tom: I agree with you, ford has a "mustang" and dodge has a "challenger"....Chevy has an "Impala"? come on, I know they're not real cars...

On a lighter note, toyota drivers deserve what they have.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #21
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Maybe its me but I see nothin resembling the challenger except the R/T on the front grill
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #22
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Maybe its me but I see nothin resembling the challenger except the R/T on the front grill
Stickers only, cars are all the same...and NASCAR wonders why they are losing market share?
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:20 PM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenJ View Post
Tom: I agree with you, ford has a "mustang" and dodge has a "challenger"....Chevy has an "Impala"? come on, I know they're not real cars...

On a lighter note, toyota drivers deserve what they have.
I wonder if any of the Toyota drivers have experienced unintended accelaration.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm VERY glad they've got their heads on straight and kept the Camaro out of that...Leave it be a beautiful pace car...or cars like the Grand Am series Sunoco Camaro.

"Stock car" racing....
Old 07-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #25
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
All the cars look the same anymore, i'ts like they just throw a chevy or ford sticker on. Sorry but nascar is a joke anymore, i remember when a pontiac looked like a pontiac or a ford looked like a ford. I don't miss it at all, if it's so popular now why are they changing the chase for the cup rules yet again. And don't get me started how a champion like waltrip can lower himself with the boogity thing, very sad.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm VERY glad they've got their heads on straight and kept the Camaro out of that...Leave it be a beautiful pace car...or cars like the Grand Am series Sunoco Camaro.

"Stock car" racing....
There was talk for a while of using bodies actually based on the shape of the production cars (Think "IROC series") for the nationwide series. If they had done that it would have been a much more attractive place to put the Camaro.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:46 PM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
There was talk for a while of using bodies actually based on the shape of the production cars (Think "IROC series") for the nationwide series. If they had done that it would have been a much more attractive place to put the Camaro.
I agree. But affiliating the Camaro name to those.....eggs...(stupid-fast eggs, allbeit)...would have been awful.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #28
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
At least the term "stock" would have some legitimacy if that were the case. I'd rather see GMPP body kits on the car to keep with the OEM look and sell those aftermarket rather than heavily modified bodies and engines that simply don't reflect the reality of the cars they drive. It would still be lame, but it would be less lame.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote