Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Thumbs down My 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Was Declared A LEMON

It was a long 18 month battle between myself and the dealer... I was having sooo many problems with my Camaro, some the dealer fixed, some the dealer attempted to fix several times, some the dealer said they "could not duplicate", and others GM neglected to provide a fix for... but at last it's over.

All I wanted was for all my Camaro's features (major selling points) to function properly. As far as new vehicles are concerned, all I can say is that the dealers across the USA really need to get their shit together. It's unacceptable for a customer to know more about a vehicle than the sales/maintenance department know. I can only say "No Wonder" things are the way they are when I think of the way I've been treated.

Today, the remainder of my loan was paid off, and I got all of my money back for the car.

It was a pretty car... and I hauled some ass in it for 18 months or so.

My next ride will probably be a but definitely not a Camaro.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Well.... I'm glad you got yor satisfaction for the problems you've been having... what was the final problem that caused it to be declared? ans good luck with the next vehicle!..
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
Well.... I'm glad you got yor satisfaction for the problems you've been having... what was the final problem that caused it to be declared? ans good luck with the next vehicle!..
There was no catastrophic problem... only like 20-30 different problems. I'm guessing it spent a month an a half at the dealer for repairs.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
so what car were u thinking
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
so what car were u thinking
Something drastically different... like a Silverado extended cab LTZ 4x4
Old 02-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
molsonbrador

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2018 Colorado
Glad to hear your nightmare is over.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I feel your pain, but if you like the car why would you not want another one? You got a bad one, but most are AWESOME like mine. There is no way I would not have this car. It's just too damn HOT. If I had a lemon, I would pull the trigger on a new one in a heartbeat.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
coolman

Glad to hear your ordeal is done. I hope you enjoy the new truck if that's what you get. I just ordered a new LTZ 3500. I've had a lot of chevy trucks for our business and have had very good luck with them. Good luck!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
MTNdew

Drives: 13 ZL1 #493-13 road glide
well im glad gm stepped in and took the car back but im surpised it took so long.i work at a dealer (nissan) as a tech and if we have a car that has probems that cant be diag and has been in many times nissan sends an engineer out fairly quick and noramlly your problem is solved fast weither it be a lemon or fixed.but 18 months .......
MTNdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #10
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
I feel your pain, but if you like the car why would you not want another one? You got a bad one, but most are AWESOME like mine. There is no way I would not have this car. It's just too damn HOT. If I had a lemon, I would pull the trigger on a new one in a heartbeat.
Even if I could get past the failures with my Camaro... I just don't want to have the feeling like it had to be babied all the time... or worrying about people parking too close or anything like that. Not only does the Camaro perform, but looking good is half of it.

With a truck... well, a truck is a truck and it's gonna get dirty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Glad to hear your ordeal is done. I hope you enjoy the new truck if that's what you get. I just ordered a new LTZ 3500. I've had a lot of chevy trucks for our business and have had very good luck with them. Good luck!
Thanks dude, I think it would be a more practical choice for me. I enjoy driving off paved roads without worries.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #11
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNdew View Post
well im glad gm stepped in and took the car back but im surpised it took so long.i work at a dealer (nissan) as a tech and if we have a car that has probems that cant be diag and has been in many times nissan sends an engineer out fairly quick and noramlly your problem is solved fast weither it be a lemon or fixed.but 18 months .......
I owned the car for about 19 months... the buy-back process took about 4 months. GM is IMPOSSIBLE to communicate with... whether it's the people you talk to giving you first names only, or GM not calling you back when they say you would, or GM not returning your call when you leave a voicemail. I have no remorse over it all, and I'm glad I got all my money plus interest back.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #12
Sneeks20
Account Suspended

Drives: your woman wild...
Aww sorry to hear that bro. Get a vette.
Sneeks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #13
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Damn brother...sorry to hear about it. I read somewhere else that you had got rid of it, but I didn't want to believe. Hopefully the next car/truck you get doesn't have this many issues.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #14
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
GL greasey
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lemon