Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #71
Hawgredcamaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
Here in Texas where every other vehicle is a pickup truck, the Fords have a gr8 reputation. My son's f350 Super Duty is an awesome truck.
I had an F150 before I got the Camaro. I loved it but hated the gas milage. My wife has a Tahoe and I have had two Sierras. They are both, GM and Ford, good trucks, but I perfer the GM myself if I was getting another pickup.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Chr...14880961919019
Hawgredcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #72
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
I've read your posts from time to time and you have such a cool demeanor that I hate to see you leave. But, I have to agree with you that if the camaro was my only vehicle, it wouldn't be.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:05 PM   #73
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
I still agree on getting a Silverado! Heres a pic of mine.....

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #74
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
I still agree on getting a Silverado! Heres a pic of mine.....

That's bad-ass man... gonna be looking at the 6.2l 1500 LTZ Z71 4x4's coming up soon hopefully.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #75
MS3DALE

Thanks Man! I've had nothing but Chevy trucks since I was 17 (9 over the past 21 years!)
Like I said,If you have any questions about them just let me know,I'm the truck expert at our dealership,Hell I know more about them then our salesman do!!

Heres some pics before I added my ARE Dale Jr. Cannon wheels....

'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
Old 02-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #76
MS3DALE

Couple more!

Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #77
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Well hopefully you and the Camaro had a good run. I wonder what'll happen to it now..
Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #78
MS3DALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Well hopefully you and the Camaro had a good run. I wonder what'll happen to it now..
It will go to a GM sponsored auction and be resold.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #79
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Angry WTF?

Quote:
What?? Those mofo's dare sell it again to some unwitting buyer? They need to be run outa' town on a rail!
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #80
MS3DALE

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
What?? Those mofo's dare sell it again to some unwitting buyer? They need to be run outa' town on a rail!
Yeah,Our dealership generally stays away from "buy-back" vehicles,but the few we have had over the years hasn't really been an issue,we get them in the shop,fix what needs fixing,and off they go!
Here in Pa. they do come with the remainder of the factory warranty,plus an additional 12/12 extended warranty as well.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #81
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Forgive me, but this statement really doesn't make sense to me. So what your saying is because he's not getting the same type of car he is somehow misrepresenting the problems with the car just because maybe he just wanted a different car?

It's not easy to get a car lemoned. I'm sure it had the problems that allowed him to deserve his money back.
I am in the business and you would be surprised with what people come up with to get rid of a car. I bought a buyback before (GMC Envoy) and the instrument cluster blacked out once in a while. GM came out with a bulletin and fixed the issue and I never had another problem with the vehicle. In other words, someone convinced someone to buy this vehicle back and there really was no reason to.

I've been involved with quite a few buyback vehicles and honestly 3/4 of them are just nitpicky customers. Not saying this is the case with the OP, but it does happen.

Many people do it because they can't afford the vehicle, they want another vehicle or they simply want the same vehicle in an SS, a different color, etc.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #82
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
I have a truck... didn't need another one, so I bought a fast car that got more than twice the gas mileage and seats two since I drive by myself all the time.

Since I bought the car, I lost my job and was unemployed for 10 months, became re-employed and making good money, but am looking at unemployment again. I'm going to sit on the money until I secure my next gig.

Why a truck and not another Camaro? I tossed around the idea of getting a 2011... but then again, I had 10 months of thinking and not much driving... and decided that if I were to get another vehicle, I would get a brand new truck that would be just as comfortable as the Camaro, and would be plenty more capable of handling any road conditions. These heavy rains in Southern California made driving my Camaro SUCK. Any more than 1/4" of water in a puddle and I'm hydroplaning. So I started driving my truck to work and I was able to plow through 6" deep water without a problem.

A truck I can take camping... drive off road... mud... snow... sand...

A Camaro... I have to crawl through dips and watch out for those parking stops in the parking lots.
Thank you for sharing your story. It looks like you made a bad decision to buy a Camaro for your situation. I had the same problem years ago. I bought a 2002 WS6 Trans Am, brand new, but had no vehicle for the family. I had to trade it. I am smarter this time. I got the new house we needed a year ago, I got the wife an SUV for the family and I just bought myself the Camaro.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #83
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
silverado's are great we have a 4 door black 2009 Z71, its a beast
Old 02-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #84
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
Thank you for sharing your story. It looks like you made a bad decision to buy a Camaro for your situation. I had the same problem years ago. I bought a 2002 WS6 Trans Am, brand new, but had no vehicle for the family. I had to trade it. I am smarter this time. I got the new house we needed a year ago, I got the wife an SUV for the family and I just bought myself the Camaro.
My situation at the time was me working a good job, making good money, and only having to transport myself to and from work. The Camaro was the let-down. I was sitting on a mountain of cash after I got laid off. I always made my payments on time and paid more than was needed. Unemployment provided me the opportunity to actually drop off my Camaro on a Monday and not have to worry about transportation or scheduling around a rotating 12-hour shift schedule.

I have no "family" that needs to be transported or housed. I am responsible for myself, and am more than financially sound - even if I am looking at unemployment again. I currently have more than a year's wages (gross) saved in cash, and am very capable of drawing unemployment benefits and saving additional money on top of that. I would say that the results of all of this are due to good decisions that I've made and my persistence for the past 2 years. On top of that, I know a LOT more about the new car buying experience, I know a LOT more about the new truck that I will be looking at in the future... and I will definitely have the upper-hand on my next major monetary transaction.

C5 is a wealth of information.

Tags
lemon