Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #85
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
I am in the business and you would be surprised with what people come up with to get rid of a car. I bought a buyback before (GMC Envoy) and the instrument cluster blacked out once in a while. GM came out with a bulletin and fixed the issue and I never had another problem with the vehicle. In other words, someone convinced someone to buy this vehicle back and there really was no reason to.

I've been involved with quite a few buyback vehicles and honestly 3/4 of them are just nitpicky customers. Not saying this is the case with the OP, but it does happen.

Many people do it because they can't afford the vehicle, they want another vehicle or they simply want the same vehicle in an SS, a different color, etc.
Did you look at that GMC Envoy's "rap sheet"? Maybe the previous owner had a long list or defects that were fixed before you bought it, and it spent a ton of time in the shop....... or maybe you just don't notice the clunky transmission, or you think "that's the way they all are." And the fact that you had a problem with a buy-back vehicle doesn't surprise me. They took my Camaro back, and not everything was fixed. Who knows what they're going to do with it before they re-sell it.

There is a presumption that when you buy a brand new vehicle, that you wont have to take it back to the dealer once or twice a month for repairs. And that is where my Camaro stood out from every other.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #86
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
What?? Those mofo's dare sell it again to some unwitting buyer? They need to be run outa' town on a rail!
In Ca, the buyer would not be "unwitting". The title would state, "lemon law buyback".
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #87
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItGreasey View Post
Did you look at that GMC Envoy's "rap sheet"? Maybe the previous owner had a long list or defects that were fixed before you bought it, and it spent a ton of time in the shop....... or maybe you just don't notice the clunky transmission, or you think "that's the way they all are." And the fact that you had a problem with a buy-back vehicle doesn't surprise me. They took my Camaro back, and not everything was fixed. Who knows what they're going to do with it before they re-sell it.

There is a presumption that when you buy a brand new vehicle, that you wont have to take it back to the dealer once or twice a month for repairs. And that is where my Camaro stood out from every other.
I've seen the GMC Envoy rap sheet and I owned 3 of them. I owned them from 2002 through 2008 when I bought my Hummer. I didn't have the laundry list of any of them that most people do. Of course, I get a new vehicle every 3 years for the family so perhaps I got rid of them before trouble started, but over the last 10 years I've bought 12 GM vehicles and I don't have my cars in for warranty work much at all.

On the buyback Envoy, I actually had the complete listing of reasons that it was bought back for and honestly the things that person complained about I never had a problem with and these problems were documented by the customer as still existing when they sold it back to GM!

And I know about the problems on most of the vehicles as I work at the dealership and I run GM Parts House from the dealership. The fact of the matter is, there are some lemons out there.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #88
red 2011 ss

Drives: red 2011 ss
Quote:
Something drastically different... like a Silverado extended cab LTZ 4x4
Don,t buy the silverado with the amf.(cant buy one without it)unless you buy an HD.
I and a lot of customers are haveing trouble with burning oil.
do a serch on silverado 5.3 oil use.

Last edited by red 2011 ss; 02-05-2011 at 07:52 PM.
red 2011 ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #89
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by red 2011 ss View Post
Don,t buy the silverado with the amf.(cant buy one without it)unless you buy an HD.
do a serch on silverado oil use.
Not true,the 4.8 and 6.2 do NOT have AFM.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #90
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
I thought the 6.2 did? Not really looking for an HD though... don't need it.

Any idea on the kinda City/Hwy mileage the 6.2 gets? Gas tank size? - Of course I'll look everything up on my own before I go out looking... but C5 always provides instant gratification
Old 02-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #91
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red 2011 ss View Post
do a serch on silverado oil use.
I've also read about Camaros burning oil... mine never did though, and the oil always looked like hot honey
Old 02-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #92
MS3DALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Quote:
I thought the 6.2 did? Not really looking for an HD though... don't need it.

Any idea on the kinda City/Hwy mileage the 6.2 gets? Gas tank size? - Of course I'll look everything up on my own before I go out looking... but C5 always provides instant gratification
No,some 6.2's do (in the SUV's) but not the ones in the 1/2-ton pickups.
EPA is 12 city/18 hwy for the 6.2
Fuel tank size would be 26 gallon
If you want to do some reading check out this site...http://GM-Trucks.com
I'm a mod. over there,lotsa' great info.!

'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
Old 02-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #93
MS3DALE

Heres some pics of my buddies new '11 crew-cab LTZ 6.2 we just delivered to him this week,It shows the EPA estimates on the window sticker....

Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #94
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
I am in the business and you would be surprised with what people come up with to get rid of a car. I bought a buyback before (GMC Envoy) and the instrument cluster blacked out once in a while. GM came out with a bulletin and fixed the issue and I never had another problem with the vehicle. In other words, someone convinced someone to buy this vehicle back and there really was no reason to.

I've been involved with quite a few buyback vehicles and honestly 3/4 of them are just nitpicky customers. Not saying this is the case with the OP, but it does happen.

Many people do it because they can't afford the vehicle, they want another vehicle or they simply want the same vehicle in an SS, a different color, etc.
It really doesn't surprise me a bit that someone would try to do this ,but what does surprise me ,is that GM or any car company wouldn't make sure it really was an unrepairable car before buying it back.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 AM   #95
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:

No point in bothering man some people just won't understand it until they have it happen to them. Even though my car is running perfect if I have any other issues before my warranty is up I'll definitely lemon the car. So mine could theoretically go back with a just a minor issue and a well rebuilt motor. Whoever said 3/4th I'm not buying that. I'm sure there are plenty of people in my situation so even if the car seems okay when someone rebuys it you don't know how many things may have had been fixed.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #96
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Some people ABUSE, MISUSE or MISINTERPRET the LEMON LAW and why it should or should not be invoked. There is actually something called ethics that very few people (especially business) fail to follow. I have seen some true lemons and even THOSE were able to be fixed. But it takes time and most people these days do not have time nor patience. And many dealerships do not have the expertise on staff to properly diagnose the problem.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:18 AM   #97
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Some people ABUSE, MISUSE or MISINTERPRET the LEMON LAW and why it should or should not be invoked. There is actually something called ethics that very few people (especially business) fail to follow. I have seen some true lemons and even THOSE were able to be fixed. But it takes time and most people these days do not have time nor patience. And many dealerships do not have the expertise on staff to properly diagnose the problem.
I'm okay with even half off all "lemoned" cars being the result of abused use of the law as long as the other half are honest people who had a serious unfair problem. Lemon cars are a low % anyway to begin with.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:11 AM   #98
SG37

Drives: 2011 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Yeah, considering the way GM treated you, get something else. Ford makes a great truck
+1.... the Raptor is an awesome truck. It is the ultimate off road truck. More powerful 6.2 v8 than gm.

The ecoboost v6 is unbelievable (3.5L-365HP-420TQ-90% from 1700-5000 rpm-16city-22hwy mpg)

5.0 v8 will run all over a 5.3 gm.

Frames are stronger than gm.

3.73 and a six speed transmission in a half ton.

Ford makes the best trucks right now. No doubt about it.
SG37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lemon