Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #99
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Some people ABUSE, MISUSE or MISINTERPRET the LEMON LAW and why it should or should not be invoked. There is actually something called ethics that very few people (especially business) fail to follow. I have seen some true lemons and even THOSE were able to be fixed. But it takes time and most people these days do not have time nor patience. And many dealerships do not have the expertise on staff to properly diagnose the problem.
It is very well said, and very true. We had a Cadillac CTS-V from the auction and it was a buyback. It had engine electrical issues that couldn't be solved. Our tech said it needed a new engine wiring harness and the problem was solved. GM just gave someone their money back over a wiring harness.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #100
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG37 View Post
+1.... the Raptor is an awesome truck. It is the ultimate off road truck. More powerful 6.2 v8 than gm.

The ecoboost v6 is unbelievable (3.5L-365HP-420TQ-90% from 1700-5000 rpm-16city-22hwy mpg)

5.0 v8 will run all over a 5.3 gm.

Frames are stronger than gm.

3.73 and a six speed transmission in a half ton.

Ford makes the best trucks right now. No doubt about it.
Sounds like you need to be on a Ford forum

BTW....GM offers 3.73 and a six-speed transmission in a half ton.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:12 AM   #101
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
To each his own I guess. I'd be interested in looking at the VIN to see what was done. I'm always skeptical of people who don't buy the same type of vehicle when they get the buy back.
Seriously??? So because he doesn't want to get the same car (and possibly the same problems) again you're skeptical of his reasons. I can very easily understand his not wanting to replace a lemon vehicle with the same type of vehicle...makes allot of sense to me. have you ever tried to lemon law a car, its not that easy of a task and trust me, if chevrolet agreed that it qualifies for the lemon law...THEN IT WAS A LEMON
Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #102
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Thanks Man! I've had nothing but Chevy trucks since I was 17 (9 over the past 21 years!)
Like I said,If you have any questions about them just let me know,I'm the truck expert at our dealership,Hell I know more about them then our salesman do!!

Heres some pics before I added my ARE Dale Jr. Cannon wheels....

Yeah and that's the way should be , if it was the other way around
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #103
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
I will never buy a Ford (anything), my 88 F-150 burned in 1993 with a ignition fire.....my insurance company investigated with a fire loss engineering company and it was a Ford problem....with many fire losses before and after. Ford denied for 2 years and did pay off other newer people because they admitted the ignition short. My statute of limitations had passed and Ford didn't think they owed me money.

Ford Sux!

I'm glad you got your money back and enjoy the new GM truck!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #104
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
That sucks bro.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #105
SG37

Drives: 2011 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Sounds like you need to be on a Ford forum

BTW....GM offers 3.73 and a six-speed transmission in a half ton.
well that's true.. I forgot about the NHT. Ford's eco v6 can tow more than even the NHT equipped Silverado.

I chose my mustang over the camaro because of the reviews I read on it and the headroom (i'm 6'8"). My car is quicker than a v6 Camaro and gets better mileage, it handles better, I really like the electric power steering and the LED tail lights. I liked that they gave me a choice when ordering on rear axle ratio's and that every new mustang had a limited slip (auto camaro v6 has an open diff). Not to mention I got 2000 incentive on my car that was already cheaper than the Camaro to start with. Anyway, I've had new GM trucks and new Ford trucks and I really do believe that Ford makes a better product right now. I know an awful lot about both.

And really, GM is behind right now with their truck technology.

If you go watch the ecoboost torture tests on You Tube you will see some very impressive stuff. They beat the sh*t out of that thing and then tear it down live at an auto show in front of automotive journalist. it's pretty cool
SG37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #106
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Drives: Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
On the buyback Envoy, I actually had the complete listing of reasons that it was bought back for and honestly the things that person complained about I never had a problem with and these problems were documented by the customer as still existing when they sold it back to GM!

And I know about the problems on most of the vehicles as I work at the dealership and I run GM Parts House from the dealership. The fact of the matter is, there are some lemons out there.
So maybe all the issues were fixed, but it spend 6 months in the shop for repairs... and that's unacceptable for a brand new car. An excess of time spent at the dealer for warranty repairs is reason enough alone to qualify for a buy-back. If there aren't any problems with a car, then it wont be spending more than a day at the dealer for troubleshooting, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Some people ABUSE, MISUSE or MISINTERPRET the LEMON LAW and why it should or should not be invoked. There is actually something called ethics that very few people (especially business) fail to follow. I have seen some true lemons and even THOSE were able to be fixed. But it takes time and most people these days do not have time nor patience. And many dealerships do not have the expertise on staff to properly diagnose the problem.
That last line says it all. Sounds like GM needs to get on top of the dealers and have them properly trained... that's GM's problem. If they sell us vehicles with the promise of having skilled professionals at the dealer to take care of our warranty issues - but they fail, then who's fault is it?

Quote:
It is very well said, and very true. We had a Cadillac CTS-V from the auction and it was a buyback. It had engine electrical issues that couldn't be solved. Our tech said it needed a new engine wiring harness and the problem was solved. GM just gave someone their money back over a wiring harness.
Doesn't sound like smart business to me. They should have qualified techs who can troubleshoot engine problems. Not this bullshit where they need to plug a computer into the car and run a diagnostic and have the computer tell them what's wrong.

I came in one time because my steering was noisy. They took my car... and gave it back later, telling me that they were "Unable to duplicate customer's concerns." About 6 months goes by and I take it to the dealer again because the steering is noisy. THIS TIME they actually take the time to check my power steering fluid reservoir, and it's low so they top it off. They said they found no leaks. And when I brought up the fact that I had been in there 6 months earlier complaining about noisy steering and ask why they didn't check the fluid level, I got a stupid look and no answer.

Don't think they put a sensor in the power steering reservoir to tell you when it's low. HELL... I was SHOCKED when my windshield wiper fluid ran out without getting a low level warning - like other new GM vehicles have. What kinda horseshit is that? That was the first thing that pissed me off... but I got over it quickly and always kept a bottle of washer fluid on hand.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #107
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
I noticed it appears as though you live in California. I think many Lemon laws vary from state to state and I've heard CA is very liberal towards the customer with their laws. Most of these cars will be repaired, if they can and be sold back to dealers who will sell them as RAV [ re-aquired vehicles ]cars. I have seen some of these [ not Camaros but Mustangs ] at a dealer by my house and the cars came from California. Buyers beware,
they have to show you a list of things that were wrong with the car and get you to sign off on them, but the slick sales reps will tell you that the laws in CA are so liberal that many people who buy cars and then can't afford them keep complaining until they are declared lemons. I looked at one and drove it buy did not buy it. I think I would stay away from these unless it's a steal
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #108
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

I think it takes a lot more than just complaining about non-existing problems. If there IS a problem, then you're damn right I'm gonna keep complaining until something is done about it.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #109
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
The Mustang I looked at had a power steering pump replaced because it was noisy, and a few other very minor problems that were repaired. I compared it to a new one and the pump still seemed a little noisy. Might have neede a whole new steering rail. Everything else seemed fine on the car. My main point was that some SALES reps will tell you there is noting wrong with the car and that people in California that are looking for a reason to get out from under a car will sometimes try and get relief under the lemon law by making big deals out of little things.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #110
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARYSSS View Post
I would think alot of people would not buy the same car they just had a ton of problems with and had to lemon law it.
So true, Glad I have a good one.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #111
KeepItGreasey
So It'll Go Down Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by songsj View Post
The Mustang I looked at had a power steering pump replaced because it was noisy, and a few other very minor problems that were repaired. I compared it to a new one and the pump still seemed a little noisy. Might have neede a whole new steering rail. Everything else seemed fine on the car. My main point was that some SALES reps will tell you there is noting wrong with the car and that people in California that are looking for a reason to get out from under a car will sometimes try and get relief under the lemon law by making big deals out of little things.
If there are a LOT of little things... I'd consider it a big deal.

I wanted a car that I could drive a few thousand miles, change the oil, and fill up my windshield washer reservoir. I wasn't expecting to have to take it to the dealer often enough that everyone in the service department would know me by name and bite their cheek every time I came in.

Tags
lemon