Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #7001
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
VERY odd.....
Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #7002
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
I agree. Those ET's are just plain slow. Now before somebody gets all butt-hurt, I am in no way accusing IPS of sandbagging the numbers or anything. I simply think one of the shop guys should drive the car instead of this customer. No offense to the guy, but it seems like he's having some issues. If you want to see the REAL effects of modifications, you need to get as much as possible out of the car stock at the track. I can't remember if you mentioned it, but is TC off completely?
We plan on tracking it again tomorrow night in the hopes of getting a stock pass we would care to repeat The customer took over driving because my brother (Co-owner of IPS) made the first pass (Which oddly stands as the best) and he drives an AWD EVO and drag races it next to never. The customer races his Cobra every single week so we figured he was more than capable of driving it well. Regardless, we will be doing the driving tomorrow and whatever the best is it is.

We turned it off 2 different ways but tomorrow we will just pull the fuse so there is no question.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #7003
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
I have a 2010 SRT8 Challenger (6-speed car) ready to dyno right now so I will toss up a stock Challenger Vs '11 Mustang Vs SS graph in just a few for those interested
Jeff
that will be cool to see
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #7004
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
that will be cool to see
We dynoed it today but it was so freaking hot the car made no power. I could toss up an over-lay but its not a very fair # for the Challenger.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #7005
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
In an unrelated item... why is it that this topic always has one more page in it that you can't get to by clicking on it? I click on page 80 (the last one) and it takes me to 79. It's been like this for quite a while.

That is just in anticipation of the next new reason to argue in this pointless thread. The board senses new insults before they are posted and prepares a new page for their arrival.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #7006
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
That happens to me with every thread on this forum. I have noticed it many, many times. It drives me nuts.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #7007
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
It's stopped now!!! Thank you whoever that was!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #7008
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
You should try and put the word out to have people with each of the three cars meet one day at your place and test them all back to back. Just make sure they are stock.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #7009
JonMan503

Drives: 300zx for now ss very soon!!
i wouldnt trade a chevy bow tie or emblem for .2 seconds faster mustang Gt. fact is for me car and driver went nuts over the car for its base price 29k but that gets you a pretty ugly interior. Then they said the premium package stang was so nice but it cost 39.9k wow that not cheap at all. they always go crazy over the new car. Ill take the 5th gen anytime
JonMan503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:58 PM   #7010
KungFuHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
well im sure if one did adjust the tire pressure in their stock tires, since it wasnt the stock air that came in the tire from the factory that would make it NOT stock. right guys?
i understood perfectly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra stocker View Post
I agree with you that its taking it to far. In Nov. of last year I beat the previous record by 2 and ahalf tenths and it was blamed on my K@N air filter and Royal purple fluids by many! So when March rolled around I put it back as Bone stock as possible to prove them wrong. As far as the (Ninja Gerbil) goes I dont think he understood I was talking about pounds of pressure. Im sure 10 or 15lbs less could of help my 1.97 60' a lil!!!
and me, personally, would take a very, very, very small consideration for the K&N but not enough to where it would matter. if you ran 13.00 without it and 12.80 with it i wouldnt say it was due the filter...track conditions/weather/a better launch wouldve made that much difference.
as for RP fluids....give me a friggin break. thats like saying if i dont run Motorcraft oil (i do) then the oil im running is a "modification". get real.

i like the "ninja gerbil" btw lolol
Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 PM   #7011
KungFuHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
It's stopped now!!! Thank you whoever that was!
i thank you as well!
Old 06-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #7012
antimatr

Drives: 4 wheels + engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMan503 View Post
i wouldnt trade a chevy bow tie or emblem for .2 seconds faster mustang Gt. fact is for me car and driver went nuts over the car for its base price 29k but that gets you a pretty ugly interior. Then they said the premium package stang was so nice but it cost 39.9k wow that not cheap at all. they always go crazy over the new car. Ill take the 5th gen anytime
MSRP for a GT Premium is $33695 including destination. Where did you get $39900 from?

(although if I were 10 years younger, I probably would've bought a base GT, as I really didn't give a rat's ass about how an interior looked back then...but, then again, 10 years ago I had a 4th-gen Camaro).

Gone: 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HID/Security Pkg, Brembo Pkg, 6M)
Current: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Tri-coat Pearl, Driver Convenience Grp, Leather Interior Grp, 8A)
Future(?): 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS (Hyper Blue Metallic, NPP, 56R, 6M) or Ford Mustang GT Premium (Lightning Blue Metallic, Active Exhaust, Performance Package, 401A Package, Spoiler Delete, 6M)
antimatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:14 AM   #7013
VetteMaro

Drives: 09 Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by antimatr View Post
MSRP for a GT Premium is $33695 including destination. Where did you get $39900 from?

(although if I were 10 years younger, I probably would've bought a base GT, as I really didn't give a rat's ass about how an interior looked back then...but, then again, 10 years ago I had a 4th-gen Camaro).
Do you mean that 10 years ago, you preferred a car that was crazy fun to drive over cars with better interiors? And now you've changed? You're getting old man!

Just messing with you. It all comes down to preference. Personally i like the camaro's interior design better, but the mustang's interior materials are much better IMO. The '12 SS is getting a revised interior BTW.
VetteMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:11 AM   #7014
JonMan503

Drives: 300zx for now ss very soon!!
lol i love this thread!
JonMan503 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video