Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Dack

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Dack
Question Forced into an oil change?

Hey guys, I recently (yesterday) dropped off my SS for a new steering wheel (old one had a washboard effect on the top of it) and for a missing rear bumper/quarterpanel bolt. I had ordered the parts through warranty a couple weeks ago but couldn't get it done until now. I called Tuesday, said I wanted a service appt. for my steering wheel and bolt. The service manager said Wednesday morning. So I drop it off Wednesday at 8 and the guy says "in for a oil change I see..." I said "no, just the steering wheel and bolt. He writes that down and I go to work, get off and get to the shop about 5:30 pm. The service guy gives me my key and says it'll be $77. I said uh, what for? He said the oil change. I said I didn't ask for a oil change, only the steering wheel and bolt. It felt awkward for a bit and he didn't suggest anything so I said I'd come back in a few days to pay for it. Only I don't think that I should have to pay the full price. I never asked for a oil change and was going to do it myself since it's obviously cheaper. Should I feel obligated to pay the $77?

Also, I hop in my car and see the plastic on the steering wheel and I think to myself "this will be nice, a new wheel". About to tear off the wrap I look at the stitching and it's inferno orange, not the gray that is the rest of the car and the original wheel. I go back in and the guy says he'll write a note to the service manager and I told him I'd be willing to keep the plastic on the wheel 'til I got a different one. There goes another day of driving due to a swap out.

Any input would be appreciated... Thanks.
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
hmmm.....do you have proof they really did an oil change?? Sounds a bit weird to me -- esp with the wrong color wheel thing...

they could just be idiots I guess...LOL
Old 08-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
Champion51

Drives: '14 ZL1, '10 SS/RS , '06 GMC
Do not pay for the oil change, it should be on the house for the time you are wasting to get the warranty issues fixed, & since you did not ask for the oil change in the first place.
Champion51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I would not pay for any oil change that wasnt asked for. Definitely make them get the right wheel though.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
Rob191288

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Get them to get you a new wheel and see if you can grab the IOM steering wheel for me, I have been trying to get one for like 2 months now....
Rob191288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #6
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
find another dealer to service your car...quick!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Sounds like an awful stealership
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #9
motorhed

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM,2000 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dack View Post
Hey guys, I recently (yesterday) dropped off my SS for a new steering wheel (old one had a washboard effect on the top of it) and for a missing rear bumper/quarterpanel bolt. I had ordered the parts through warranty a couple weeks ago but couldn't get it done until now. I called Tuesday, said I wanted a service appt. for my steering wheel and bolt. The service manager said Wednesday morning. So I drop it off Wednesday at 8 and the guy says "in for a oil change I see..." I said "no, just the steering wheel and bolt. He writes that down and I go to work, get off and get to the shop about 5:30 pm. The service guy gives me my key and says it'll be $77. I said uh, what for? He said the oil change. I said I didn't ask for a oil change, only the steering wheel and bolt. It felt awkward for a bit and he didn't suggest anything so I said I'd come back in a few days to pay for it. Only I don't think that I should have to pay the full price. I never asked for a oil change and was going to do it myself since it's obviously cheaper. Should I feel obligated to pay the $77?

Also, I hop in my car and see the plastic on the steering wheel and I think to myself "this will be nice, a new wheel". About to tear off the wrap I look at the stitching and it's inferno orange, not the gray that is the rest of the car and the original wheel. I go back in and the guy says he'll write a note to the service manager and I told him I'd be willing to keep the plastic on the wheel 'til I got a different one. There goes another day of driving due to a swap out.

Any input would be appreciated... Thanks.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with people these days. If i did my job like this i would be canned. I don't understand why nobody gives a $*** anymore, especially with unemployment at 10%. Everyone employed right now should be going above and beyond.

7/23/2010 - 1100
8/18/2010 - Born on Date 2G1FT1EW1B9120590
9/3/2010 - Pick Up
-----------------------------
| Photos |
motorhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Does it state on the work order anything about an oil change?

I would think the work order is a contract between you and the dealer and if it is not stated on the work order you are not obligated to pay for it.

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
ruckus328

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro 2LT/RS
Ask for the service manager. Tell them you specifically said you did not want an oil change. And after being jerked around with the steering wheel issue the very least they could do is throw it in even if you did. If he plays hardball tell him you're going to file a complaint with GM and the BBB, and then make sure you see through with it.

And wait a minute - $77 for an oil change!!???
ruckus328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #12
Danprh427

Drives: 2010 Camaro
gotta make a friend that works in the back shop i go to him the day before i bring in anything and buy him and the guy who does my car lunch so it gets done right the first time.
Danprh427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #13
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
Quote:
Ask for the service manager. Tell them you specifically said you did not want an oil change. And after being jerked around with the steering wheel issue the very least they could do is throw it in even if you did. If he plays hardball tell him you're going to file a complaint with GM and the BBB, and then make sure you see through with it.
Best Advice !
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #14
Tam's Cam
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS Camaro
No way I would pay for the oil change. Besides you did tell them it was in for something other than an oil change so that was their mistake.