Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 08-14-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
Upgrading the headlights

In a recent post of mine, I stated I wasn't happy with how bright my headlights are, and Im considering taking my halos out and putting the stock lamps back in (stock was brighter in my case). I'd rather not go to the trouble of cleaning up the stock lamps and putting them back in, but what would guys suggest for upgrading my halos? Can I just go out and buy better bulbs? Can I put in some xenon or led bulbs?
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Anybody?!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
B225RCAMARO

Drives: red 2000 camaro v-6 coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotowns Finest View Post
In a recent post of mine, I stated I wasn't happy with how bright my headlights are, and Im considering taking my halos out and putting the stock lamps back in (stock was brighter in my case). I'd rather not go to the trouble of cleaning up the stock lamps and putting them back in, but what would guys suggest for upgrading my halos? Can I just go out and buy better bulbs? Can I put in some xenon or led bulbs?
I have no idea,but I also would like to know.If it is possible I would definatly look into some halos.
B225RCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
I've seen advertising for an HID conversion kit on a few different forums, I don't know if that's what you want, or if it's out of your price range.. But I'll throw the link out there for you. http://shop.jwmotoring.com/product.s...4&categoryId=8
I don't know if these work with your HALO's or if you need your stock lights, but this is all I've really seen for brightening your lights.
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
B225RCAMARO

About This Item:
  • <LI class=about> Fit 1998-2002 Chevy Camaro Model Only
    BLACK CHROME CLEAR HOUSING CCFL HALO PROJECTOR L.E.D. HEADLIGHTS SET WITH EURO BLACK CLEAR FRONT BUMPER LIGHTS SET

About This Item:
    • <LI class=about>100% Brand new in box, Completed Set Included Left and Right side. <LI class=about>Made by OEM Approved Manufacturers With Quality Meet. <LI class=about>Headlights Can Change to 4200K or Higher Opti-Blue Hyper-White Bulbs. <LI class=about>Modification May Require For Using HID Lighting System.
    • Easy to install, professional installations are always recommended for those who are not familiar with the product.

Im not sure wich halos you have but these claim you can change the bulbs.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
bmclark

Drives: 2016 HBM 1LT Auto V6
^^^^^^ Those look AWESOME!

New one: 2016 HBM 1LT Auto V6

Old one: 2013 IOM 1LT Auto w/ 19" Polished Aluminum wheels
2010 Black on Black 1LT Auto w/ Convenience & Connectivity package and Sunroof
1995 Silver V6 5 speed w/ T-Tops, Z28 wheels and Borla Exhaust
bmclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
MustangKillr

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Any more info on that light conversion B225R? Those headlights are stunning. I could do without the Audi LED's, but ever since I saw Spike's write up on the early 4th gens I've wanted to do halo's on mine.
MustangKillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangKillr View Post
Any more info on that light conversion B225R? Those headlights are stunning. I could do without the Audi LED's, but ever since I saw Spike's write up on the early 4th gens I've wanted to do halo's on mine.
check out ebay, they have a bunch of listings.. that post actually looks like one I've seen on there.
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=98-....c0.m270.l1313
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #9
B225RCAMARO

Quote:
check out ebay, they have a bunch of listings.. that post actually looks like one I've seen on there.
True those are from ebay.
Quote:
I think that was bulldog who said something about a conversion to make brighter lights,but I'm pretty sure with those halos u can change the bulbs to make them brighter...or so they claim.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #10
Raven02TA

Drives: 2002 Pontiac Transam. 2004 Tahoe,
Send a message via AIM to Raven02TA
HID kit. heres the thread on tech. just did it to my transams fogs and its a world of difference. headlights will be done next week.(pic below will show the results)

KIT can be purchased here: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...questions.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...d-kit-yet.html

purchase options needed:
choose 9006 bulb
35W for fogs (some say 55w for headlights but i dont recommend it. too much heat will melt housings over time)

pick your bulb color. i went with bright white which is 5000K bulb
you dont need the HID harness or error code eliminator.

Raven02TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven02TA View Post
HID kit. heres the thread on tech. just did it to my transams fogs and its a world of difference. headlights will be done next week.(pic below will show the results)

KIT can be purchased here: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...questions.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...d-kit-yet.html

purchase options needed:
choose 9006 bulb
35W for fogs (some say 55w for headlights but i dont recommend it. too much heat will melt housings over time)

pick your bulb color. i went with bright white which is 5000K bulb
you dont need the HID harness or error code eliminator.

this looks sweet, best site ive seen so far when it comes to this kinda thing. problem is, idk wtf im buying lol. like under the bulb type, theres like 20 different things to pick from, i dont know the difference between any of them or which would work best for me, nor do i know the bulb color based on the K's.

what would you guys suggest for me? i would like hi's and lo's with just a hint of blue in color. this is the best pricing ive seen for HID's and im seriously wanting to buy from here...granted i get some help with you guys
Old 08-19-2010, 07:27 PM   #12
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

nvm about the color i just saw the guide they have on there lol
Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #13
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

i also just looked at the headlights i have http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710 , and they say that its H1 for low beam and hi.

does this mean that if i picked out the H1 under bulb type that it would for sure work for my car? (would use them for the low beam)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #14
Raven02TA

Drives: 2002 Pontiac Transam. 2004 Tahoe,
Send a message via AIM to Raven02TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotowns Finest View Post
i also just looked at the headlights i have http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33710 , and they say that its H1 for low beam and hi.

does this mean that if i picked out the H1 under bulb type that it would for sure work for my car? (would use them for the low beam)

if those are the EXACT lights that are on your car then yes you should be selecting the H1 bulb type rather than 9006. (9006 is for stock non projector style lights)

or you could always jus pull your bulb out and see whats in there and replace it with the same (it should be marked on the bulb or base someplace)

Raven02TA is offline   Reply With Quote